Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The cake is a lie the cake is a lie the cake is a lie the cake is a lie
#1
Anyone had a chance to play Orange Box yet?
Reply
#2
Thinking about driving to get it right now.
Reply
#3
Hell yes.
Sinners make the best Saints
[Image: tobiasyu5.jpg]
Reply
#4
Several people here have already beaten portal. To anyone who hasn't, I suggest you do.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#5
just got back with it.
Reply
#6
I'm not actually sure whether the cake is a lie. But IMO it is.

But yeah, I can truthfully say that Portal is one of my favourite games of the past few years. Getting Ep 1 and 2 of Half-Life 2 has spurned me on to complete the last few furlongs of HL2, I completed Ep 1 in a day and now I'm on 2. So far, it's incredible. Ant lion bit, you'll know what I'm talking about = the sex.

TF2 = only online FPS I've found myself able to tolerate.

So definitely, definitely worth the cash. Not to mention the freebies if you don't already have HL2 and Ep1 yet (I was planning to buy Ep1 right after I'd completed HL2, so bonus for me).
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#7
I've yet to beat Portal. I'm on Room 17. However, I will admit it's a lot of fun

I've beaten HF2 and HF2.1. Haven't tried 2.2 yet. I also play TF2 a lot on Xbox if anyone plays
[Image: BurterJune08.jpg]

Want a cookie?
Reply
#8
I've never played Half Life. I have a nagging voice in the back of my mind telling me to get it, cause I've heard it's pretty epic, but at the same time I'm not like "omg i need taht game!1!1!!!".
Reply
#9
Episode 2 was amazing. I still marvel at valves ability to tell a story without cinematics and how much it invests you into it.
Sinners make the best Saints
[Image: tobiasyu5.jpg]
Reply
#10
I refuse to be invested by a third party.
Reply
#11
I'm thinking of getting Gears of War, should I put that on the backburner and pick this up?

Keep in mind I've never played any half-lifes, nor GoW, nor TF2.

Help me!!
[Image: curvedcopy.gif]
Reply
#12
So, GoW and Orange Box are the same price (basically, I didn't actually check it). Here is what you get with each:

Gears of War
-Gears of War

Orange Box
-Half Life 2
-Half Life 2: Episode 1
-Half Life 2: Episode 2
-Portal
-Team Fortress 2

So... there ya go. Both are First Person Shooters, true, but they play very differently. HL2 features some great AI, some pretty neat puzzles, a great physics engine, and a slower storyline (nice for those who like to really invest in the game). GoW is fast-paced, has great co-op, is incredibly cinematic in its telling of the story, features some great characters that don't require a lot of emotional attachment to enjoy, and is a lot more "pick up and play" (in my opinion).

Just my two cents. I've greatly enjoyed both.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#13
It's not a lie it's an allegory for death!!11!
Reply
#14
I have yet to play Portal. Had some connection issues last night when trying TF2 (first game I tried) and was intending to try Portal next, but then after remembering how HF2 was so awesome... I tried 2.1. Last night, just beat it just now. Now I am sitting here knowing I'm about to go to sleep and dying to play 2.2. I think Portal is gonna have to wait, but that's a great thing. To have a compilation of games where every game is perfectly playable and fun and you are dying to go from one to another.
Reply
#15
Josh Wrote:It's not a lie it's an allegory for death!!11!

WRONGZ! IT'S AN ALLEGORY OF DECEPTION, BECAUSE THERE IZ NO CAKE! >=O
Quote:Canera411: God is into anime.
darknessreign555: Well, he had to will it for a reason.
darknessreign555: "You know what I need, Archangel?"
darknessreign555: "What's that, sir?"
darknessreign555: "Animated knockers. Get on it."
Reply
#16
I think I ruptured my kidney while laughing too hard at the ending of Portal. My favorite quote was when she was like "Remember all the good times we had?"
[Image: BurterJune08.jpg]

Want a cookie?
Reply
#17
End song (sorta spoiler, i guess?)

http://www.myspace.com/portalsong
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply
#18
Spencinator Wrote:WRONGZ! IT'S AN ALLEGORY OF DECEPTION, BECAUSE THERE IZ NO CAKE! >=O

BUT THERE IS CAKE JUST A CAKE OF DEEEEEEATH
Reply
#19
Like I said in the TF2 thread, I haven't laughed as hard as I did while playing Portal in a long time.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#20
I have the song on my iPod.

Needless to say, it's been on loop for the last three hours.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)