Posts: 4
Threads: 119
Joined: Sep 2006
Wow. Did this movie scare the hell out of anyone else?
PS: Don't gimme that 'dude, thaz fuckin ooold', I just saw it now. I wanna know what it was like for the guys that saw it when everyone thought it was a documentary anyway.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Posts: 169
Threads: 575
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
dude, thaz fuckin ooold! Naw seriously I live in the fucking country so there's like thick ass woods around my house...when the movie came out I wasn't old enough to drive so my girlfriend's uncle drove me and her to the movies...talk about a brotha screaming like a lil biatch! lol I only screamed like four times though...ahem.
Anyway yea after dropping me off home I realized I forgot my key, parent's were gone somewhere and I was alone...on my pool deck because it was the only place with some kind of lighting holding a damn stick just freaking out thinking the damn blair witch was gonna get me.
But yea, it was a good movie. Loved the books they released, hated the 'sequel' they released. It was borderline good...but they could've had the perfect classic horro if they hadn't of made a sequel...if you can call that a fucking sequel.
BTW....THIS IS DECAF!
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
I never actually thought it was a documentary. It was pretty creepy, but never really made that "willful suspension of disbelief" leap for me.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 4
Threads: 119
Joined: Sep 2006
It was hard to believe it wasn't real. There were logical explanations for most of what was going on ("the locals are just fucking with us") and then you see the ending and you're all "oh shit oh shit OH SHIIIT =/". I immediately went online to research if it was real or not, luckily by now it was all over the internet that it wasn't. Even still, fucked up stuff.
Talk about genius film making though. I totally fell for it.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Posts: 0
Threads: 132
Joined: Aug 2006
Lol, Turles you remind me...
My birthday is November 4th, and every year in high school, my friends and I would go see a horror movie for my birthday. One year we went to see the Ring. Well, I lived just outside of Atlanta so needless to say, it's a pretty diverse town. Anyway, when that bitch started crawling out of the well, I shit you not, every black person in the theater screamed and fucking ran out. I turned around and I was one of about three people left. It was one of the best experiences of my life.
Your response just reminded me of that, lawlzncake.
Roster | Character Vault | Last RP
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails
at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Posts: 4
Threads: 119
Joined: Sep 2006
10-30-2007, 02:30 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2007, 02:32 PM by Bojack.)
wtf, why all the black people? >_<
And your sig quote reminds me of this quote I saw in a Border's bathroom stall. Some guy write "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever" on the tissue dispenser. It was fucking amazing.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Posts: 0
Threads: 132
Joined: Aug 2006
10-30-2007, 02:32 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2007, 02:35 PM by Aqua.)
I dunno dude, but it was hilarious. Some ended up trickling back in towards the end of the movie, but they would only stand just inside the door, not sit down. I had a couple of friends with me that had dipped as well. It think it was like a viral effect really.
Roster | Character Vault | Last RP
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails
at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Posts: 4
Threads: 119
Joined: Sep 2006
Well, black people are known for being over dramatic during horror movies. It's a stereotype I can vouch for.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
...what the fuck you mean black people are known for being over dramatic? I KILL YOU! lol naw I never saw the Ring in theatres, rented it and watched it at one in the afternoon  ...still scared the bejesus outta me lol.
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
I saw The Ring in the theaters. That was some scary shit. Good one to have brought the gf to, though.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 16
Threads: 135
Joined: Jul 2006
Blair witch project? Seriously?
That film was perhaps the biggest waste of my time, ever. Nothing happened until the last minute.
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
It was still creepy and....SAZUAA FTW!
Edit: And Ring Two freaked me the hell out especially with the damn deer that attacked the car, I was like 'oh shit what the hell?'.
Posts: 4
Threads: 119
Joined: Sep 2006
Sazuaa Wrote:That film was perhaps the biggest waste of my time, ever.
That would be Boogeyman for me. Not scary or entertaining. Just plain shit.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
Yea The Boogeyman was pretty sucky but eh it did the job when I was bored.
Posts: 16
Threads: 135
Joined: Jul 2006
That's funny I can't really remember much about it, but I think I quite enjoyed boogeyman at the time I saw it. =P
I watched a REALLY bad horror film just recently, I can't remember its name though. It was about a family of cannibals, I think they were meant to be vampires, I don't know it was hard to keep track it was so terrible. Oh another crappy film was "The covenant", ugh.
Posts: 4
Threads: 119
Joined: Sep 2006
Saw II sucked pretty bad. The problem wasn't that it necessarily sucked, it just fell short of every opportunity to pwn. I expected it to go way further than it did... I guess I set myself up for failure.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Posts: 16
Threads: 135
Joined: Jul 2006
Saw III is even worse than Saw II, I mean like, really, really bad. I'm not interested in watching the fourth one at all now. It's a shame, cause Saw was a great movie.
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
The Saw movies rock something fierce. In my opinion anyway *shrugs*.
|