Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
For those of you who link to just our forums, and not our main page, I urge you all to go check it out.
That's to a generous contribution from Reijin, we were able to purchase the plug-in we had been waiting for before getting new content up and rolling.
There are tons of great features with this new main page, but they all boil down to one thing for the members: things will be kept up-to-date!
It will now take a matter of seconds for a staff member to fix a typo, change a ruling, or add new content. And, for those of you who are unfamiliar in dealing with all that FTP nonsense, I can tell you it's pretty awesome.
As of the time of this posting, the "Shop" section has been copied over from the old site. This is mostly just to demonstrate how content and information will now be presented. Go take a look and see whatcha think.
And within the next couple of weeks we'll be adding all the stuff that's been missing. Revised rules, new content, updated shop. All that good stuff, so stay tuned.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 0
Threads: 119
Joined: Jun 2007
Thanks Reijin.
![[Image: 22173.png]](http://internetometer.com/image/22173.png)
Give waffuru an internets today!
![[Image: 1324033725.png]](http://speedtest.net/result/1324033725.png)
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
Yes. Huge props, Rei. If you wind up in Winnipeg, I'm taking you to a bar.
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 129
Threads: 151
Joined: Jul 2004
Yes. As a thank you to Rei, we should all go to Winnipeg for free drinks on Bra.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you=_
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
...That depends on how many show up.
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 4
Threads: 119
Joined: Sep 2006
...
Are all Winnipeggians so cheap?
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Posts: 66
Threads: 242
Joined: Jan 2006
Nice job, guys.
Fuck you, Photobucket.
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
Bojack Wrote:...
Are all Winnipeggians so cheap?
My being cheap has to do with me being a Mennonite, not a Winnipegger, thank you very much.
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 4
Threads: 119
Joined: Sep 2006
I have to do a lot of fanegalling to get in now. This time I had to check 'remember me' for it to recognize I had logged in.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Posts: 492
Threads: 1,654
Joined: Jan 2004
While I thank Reijin very much, I don't thank him enough to go to Canada. Fuck Canada.
Want a cookie?
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
You know, this is the sort of thing we went on strike for.
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
I take it Burter made a 'What What In My Butt' video to raise money to get you canadians back to work?
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
He's also singlehandedly responsible for the death of the Numa Numa dude. Fuck all those other guys, he was funny. Anyway, we should likely stop this or start a new thread or something.
Yay mane paige!
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 169
Threads: 575
Joined: Oct 2001
I've been having a serious hatred actually of this front page. Namely just some of the organizational methods for it. Would it be possible to take the roleplay link and switch it with one of those links at the top horizontal bar? ("What's New, things like that) Would be easier to actually find without clicking around to get to it.
"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
Reijin Wrote:Would it be possible to take the roleplay link and switch it with one of those links at the top horizontal bar?
I don't think so, but I'll poke around.
EDIT: I didn't find a way to add a direct link, and I'm out of time to dick around in the ACP for now.
To be honest, my original thought was "if someone complains about having to click twice (I've counted) to get to the forums, then to hell with them." And I still largely stand by that.
However, I'll look around again, at some point, to see if I can add that.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 0
Threads: 119
Joined: Jun 2007
There's also the button on the main bar up top that takes you to the forum home.
Looks like this:
![[Image: 22173.png]](http://internetometer.com/image/22173.png)
Give waffuru an internets today!
![[Image: 1324033725.png]](http://speedtest.net/result/1324033725.png)
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
There ya go.
"Chubbs DBZ RPG, now with 50% less clicking!"
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 32
Threads: 35
Joined: Oct 2006
Could we have the banner at the top of the forums link to the main page? There's no way to get to it from the forums unless we type it out which gets annoying.
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
At the bottom of every page of the forum should be a series of links. Mine looks like this:
Contact Us - Chubbs Dragonball Z RPG - Admin - Mod - Archive
Obviously its going to be a bit different for normal members, but the "Chubbs Dragonball Z RPG" link will take you to the Main Page.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 32
Threads: 35
Joined: Oct 2006
Yeah, but that means I have to move my mouse and drag the scrollbar down. =[
|