Posts: 133
Threads: 1,465
Joined: Jul 2002
This is Pinacollata, aka Pina. My friend couldn't keep her anymore, and since I had two rats anyway (males) she gave me her rat. She is so cute, and she sleeps in my lap. I thought I'd share the cuteness, she looks great here:
More pics here: http://frozendust.com/sig/me/rats/Pina/
I may breed her with one of my boys some day, would be something interesting to try, since I work in a petstore and they would take the babies.
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Posts: 37
Threads: 342
Joined: Feb 2004
So cute. Man I love rats and mice. I had a mouse named Alexander the Great. His talents seemed to lie less in world domination and more in the area of escaping out of his cage and pooping everywhere though.
Sinners make the best Saints
![[Image: tobiasyu5.jpg]](http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5609/tobiasyu5.jpg)
Posts: 16
Threads: 135
Joined: Jul 2006
People have pet rats? Since when?
Posts: 133
Threads: 1,465
Joined: Jul 2002
Haha, she has yet to poo or pee on me xP. Only Jade got out once, my rex. He was too small for the cage, and I found him at the far end of the bed staring at me. It was an eventful morning. Now he's too big to get out lol.
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
I want a pet rat. They're awesome.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 133
Threads: 1,465
Joined: Jul 2002
They are! If you lived here I'd totally give you a baby.
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Posts: 16
Threads: 135
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
You should send me one anyway.
In some bubble wrap.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 133
Threads: 1,465
Joined: Jul 2002
Haha, bubble wrapped ratties.
They eat hamster food excrusions, which look like brown peanut shapped pellets that are full of nutrients they need, then I toss in a seed mixture.
Rats can eat anything, in moderation, even raw spaghette, and they love it lol. Dog food can also be used to replace the hamster pellets, but I've yet to find a suitable dog food.
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Posts: 115
Threads: 680
Joined: May 2003
Android-18 Wrote:They are! If you lived here I'd totally give you a baby.
Sorry to derail the thread, but if I were to quote that out of context, that would be pretty funny. =D
Posts: 52
Threads: 144
Joined: May 2006
Raditzu Wrote:I want a pet rat. They're awesome.
A baby mouse would obviously look cuter. They're more awesome plus more intelligent.
Posts: 133
Threads: 1,465
Joined: Jul 2002
Uh, no. Mice aren't more intelligent as rats. They can be taught their name, learn tricks, they show obvious need for attention like a dog or cat. My rat was asleep in my lap and whenever she woke she sought my hand for pettings.
All mice I've seen show only minimal intelligence, although they can do mazes and such, they aren't smarter than rats.
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Posts: 52
Threads: 144
Joined: May 2006
04-18-2008, 02:10 AM
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2008, 02:12 AM by Kirano.)
Mice are more intelligent, thus why Scientists use them for lab experiments instead of rats. Plus, nobody likes a rat. Treacherous bastards! I hate moles to.
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
Didn't Michael Jackson have a pet rat?
Posts: 37
Threads: 342
Joined: Feb 2004
Lab rats are used all the time. Rats are used more for drug testing and psychology, while mice are used for physical and genetics. Not always obviously, It varies and flips, and the fact rats are slightly more expensive and aggressive in groups play a factor.
Sinners make the best Saints
![[Image: tobiasyu5.jpg]](http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5609/tobiasyu5.jpg)
Posts: 52
Threads: 144
Joined: May 2006
Dehan Wrote:Didn't Michael Jackson have a pet rat?
Michael Jackson had everything.
Posts: 52
Threads: 144
Joined: May 2006
Tobias Wrote:Lab rats are used all the time. Rats are used more for drug testing and psychology, while mice are used for physical and genetics. Not always obviously, It varies and flips, and the fact rats are slightly more expensive and aggressive in groups play a factor.
Probably more expensive coz they're larger, and stronger. Mice are more common, which is probably why they're cheaper.
Posts: 133
Threads: 1,465
Joined: Jul 2002
They aren't smarter, look it up.
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Posts: 16
Threads: 135
Joined: Jul 2006
Cats are smarter. I once saw a cat solve a cubix puzzle. It was on the internet. And we all know everything on the internet is true.
Posts: 133
Threads: 1,465
Joined: Jul 2002
/sigh
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
|