Posts: 32
Threads: 35
Joined: Oct 2006
04-19-2008, 11:31 AM
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2008, 11:35 AM by Warako.)
I asked this over at AD and got very little interest so I thought I'd try my luck here. XD
Anyone here read Manga? Looking for new Manga to read, currently reading:
Naruto (It's starting to drop in quality, they finished Itachi vs Sasuke and I know it's Kishimoto's story but he botched it, sadly Naruto is near the end.)
Bleach (Bleach went from being a new DBZ version to actually being good, the backstory which Kubo is doing atm is amazing)
One Piece (It's bad, hopefully it gets better when I get to the 100+)
Psyren (Amazing, I demand everyone read this before anything else, it just started so you're not too far behind, Chapter 19 just came out.)
Full Metal Alchemist (Much better than the Anime and probably my 2nd favorite behind Psyren)
So yeah, anyone else have Manga they enjoyed? I plan to start reading Samurai Champloo and Eureka seveN since both anime's were well done, especially since Eureka seveN movie is currently in production in Japan.
Also if anyone here watched Death Note, I suggest you atleast read the last chapter of Death Note Manga, it's an epilogue that the anime left out but other than that the anime was pretty identical to the manga. Good epilogue too imo
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
Junkies*
That's really bugging me, btw.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 32
Threads: 35
Joined: Oct 2006
I can't fix it XD
Save me Rad, correct my bad engrish
Posts: 52
Threads: 144
Joined: May 2006
I haven't read the last three bleach chapters. I'm kinda losing interest. Has the big fight between Shignami and Ancarar happened yet?
Posts: 32
Threads: 35
Joined: Oct 2006
Kirano Wrote:I haven't read the last three bleach chapters. I'm kinda losing interest. Has the big fight between Shignami and Ancarar happened yet?
No, but they introduced Mayuri and Gin when they were children/teens, and they're pretty badass.
Posts: 52
Threads: 144
Joined: May 2006
They're still flippin doing that flashback scene.
Posts: 32
Threads: 35
Joined: Oct 2006
Yeah but it's needed to explain the vaizard's which will be essential for SS during the Winter Wars
Posts: 0
Threads: 58
Joined: Apr 2007
Josh, do you still have that link to a list of online-view manga?
This thread reminded me of Basilisk and I want to read it again :O
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
Warako Wrote:Also if anyone here watched Death Note, I suggest you atleast read the last chapter of Death Note Manga, it's an epilogue that the anime left out but other than that the anime was pretty identical to the manga. Good epilogue too imo
You have a link you can provide me with that has the epilogue in it? I want to watch th real action movie since I finished the series about two weeks ago but want to read the epilogue first.
Posts: 32
Threads: 35
Joined: Oct 2006
Dehan Wrote:You have a link you can provide me with that has the epilogue in it? I want to watch th real action movie since I finished the series about two weeks ago but want to read the epilogue first.
Get on MSN for it, don't want to get in trouble for putting the link on the forums.
Also is the Death Note movie out in english or subbed? Never saw it yet.
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
The last manga I really read was GantZ. It's... crazy. Really entertaining, mind you, just a little out there. I also read DearS, but that's pretty similar to the anime.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 37
Threads: 342
Joined: Feb 2004
04-20-2008, 01:42 AM
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2008, 03:36 AM by Tobias.)
My past favorites are, in order read,
DBZ
Rourouni Kenshin
Trigun
Hikaru No Go
Shaman King
Berserk
Death Note
recently I've read,
Ares
Biomega
Air Gear
D.Gray-man
King of Thorns
and enjoyed myself. Well recently is in the past year, lately I haven't had the time to read any.
http://www.mangafox.com/ is a good place to read online.
Sinners make the best Saints
![[Image: tobiasyu5.jpg]](http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5609/tobiasyu5.jpg)
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
I only read (that's past-tence, unfortunately) Initial D. It's about this kid who winds up becoming an unnaturally (and, to some degree, impossibly) good drifter. It takes place in Japan (oh, wow, quel surprise!!) and, therefore, focuses almost exclusively on Japanese cars.
It's a fun read, at least for me, even if a lot of the technical information pertaining to the vehicles it deals with range from slightly flawed to total bullshit.
Speaking of which, if Toby's pathetic manga fox monster doesn't have this thing, I demand a source who does!!
I had one that had the complete series but I lost it when I had to reformat my computer. And I was on like chapter ~250 I think. I'll fucking have to wade through stuff I've already read to figure that out.
*Sigh*
That Death Note one seems pretty neat. Interesting concept, anyway.
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 32
Threads: 35
Joined: Oct 2006
Mangafox has it, but I also suggest onemanga.
If you can't find a manga on the one, than the other will have it.
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
Gyahaha!
Legitimate acquisition has never been so gray!!
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 52
Threads: 144
Joined: May 2006
Warako Wrote:Yeah but it's needed to explain the vaizard's which will be essential for SS during the Winter Wars
I suppose.
Posts: 16
Threads: 135
Joined: Jul 2006
Huh, I've never read manga before. I've been looking through some Dragonball manga, it's pretty interesting.
Posts: 37
Threads: 342
Joined: Feb 2004
Sinners make the best Saints
![[Image: tobiasyu5.jpg]](http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5609/tobiasyu5.jpg)
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
No it sucks. It only goes partway on the only manga I read. Jerk.
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
|