Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Comic Book Discussion/Image Swapping
#1
Couldn't find the old thread, so oh well. Discuss comics here. Also I've started saving my favorite images and cropping them so I'll share some as I make them. Feel free to make requests if you don't want to bother finding your own fun stuff.

This is the latest, and I think might be the coolest pin-up I've seen in Uncanny X-Men. It's from #503.

[Image: pixiego9.jpg]
Reply
#2
Street Fighter II from UDON. Read it. DONT read Street Fighter, it was terrible as fuck. II was pretty good though, it's ongoing now I think, but the first two arcs are done.

Did you hear about Captain America? I don't know how to feel about that...
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
#3
Captain America died like two years ago. Get with the times.

=o
Reply
#4
[Image: 1225223148087lz7.jpg]

I dunno
[Image: v4339d.png]
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Reply
#5
Burter Wrote:Captain America died like two years ago. Get with the times.

=o

I meant his replacement, f00!
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
#6
[Image: SD_T1_19-1.jpg]

Sky Doll. Pretty weak story, but I think it's worth a read for the art.
[Image: rsz_jqvaz_1.jpg]
Reply
#7
I still have to finish Preacher, get into 100 Bullets, aquire more Punisher, Hellboy, and start Wanted. Hellblazer I have too, but I haven't read any of it. I've read some at Borders (same with 100 Bullets), and what I read was pretty awesome.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
#8
What's the cheapest way to get into comics?

I really want to pick up some Batman/Superman/etc., but I don't care to buy tons of individual issues. Are there, like, anthologies, or online alternatives?
[Image: av50fd.png]

Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Reply
#9
TPB's are story arcs (like 6 issues collected into one book), that's mainly what I do. They are usually like 20 bucks a piece, most of the time I just read them at the store though.

There are "online alternatives". Get CDisplay and figure out the rest on your own. =o

Marvel has a digital comic service but I haven't looked into it at all.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
#10
I'm not too into Marvel/DC as of late. The only 'superhero' comic I even read anymore is Invincible from Image.
[Image: v4339d.png]
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Reply
#11
Tobias Wrote:I'm not too into Marvel/DC as of late. The only 'superhero' comic I even read anymore is Invincible from Image.

I'm off superheroes too. It's like wrestling, when youre a kid it doesn't occur to you why they all talk into mics and why the cameras are conveniently around when someone gets randomly beat up backstage.

People always in costume and being called their superhero names by lifelong friends got way too hard for me to swallow.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
#12
Cheapest way to get into comics? Torrents.
Reply
#13
I'd rather buy a comic that way I could pass it down. Or them down to the kiddos in the family.
Reply
#14
I lost about 100 dollars worth of comics in the moving process, stuff I had been collecting for about 3 years.

Fuck buying comics. ;_;
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
#15
Bojack Wrote:I lost about 100 dollars worth of comics in the moving process, stuff I had been collecting for about 3 years.

Fuck buying comics. ;_;

That sounds like a lot of comics to just up and misplace. What, did you lose a box or two in the moving process or something? Did someone just find them and chuck 'em?
[Image: CringleSignature-Base-Final.jpg]
Reply
#16
I left the box behind and when I went back they were gone.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
#17
Oh dude, what a fucking waste. I hope the person who stole them got paper cuts carrying the damn box.
[Image: CringleSignature-Base-Final.jpg]
Reply
#18
No, I think the landlord just threw them out. =/

He didn't like us.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
#19
Bojack Wrote:No, I think the landlord just threw them out. =/

He didn't like us.

Dick.
[Image: CringleSignature-Base-Final.jpg]
Reply
#20
... Since when does Pixie = X-Man?
[Image: Bellesig6-1.jpg]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)