Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Got My ACT Results
#1
So on April 12th, I step into a room ready to take the ACT for my first time. Not only is it my first time, but I also signed up to do the extra writing portion on it because I figured it would look better on college applications. Before I list everything, I thought you should know my GPA is a 2.67 because I don't do anything at all in school. I learn the stuff and retain it, I just don't do homework and I hate reviewing things I already know and want to move on. The counselor is thinking about putting me in advance online courses for next year so that my GPA goes up so that I can do work at my own pace. Anyway overall for the ACT, here we go:

Ok so the extra writing portion is at the end and it was on a scale of 2-12 accorded to the paper in the mail.

Copied from actstudent.org, the website for ACT where I signed up for it.

Composite Score : 26
Subject Test Score
(1–36) Subscore (1–18)
ENGLISH 25
Usage/Mechanics 14
Rhetorical Skills 12
MATHEMATICS 24
Pre-Algebra/Elem. Algebra 16
Algebra/Coord. Geometry 11
Plane Geometry/Trig. 11
READING 27
Social Studies/Sciences 14
Arts/Literature 14
SCIENCE 26
Subject Test Score
(1–36) Subscore
(2–12)
COMBINED ENGLISH/WRITING 25
Writing 09

Comments on Your Essay:General statements in your essay were well supported with specific reasons, examples, and details. Your essay was well organized, making it easy to understand logical relationships among ideas.






Now, on the paper in the mail it says "Rank: Approximate percent of ACT-tested students at or below your score"

In Your State: 83%
In the U.S.: 85%


This was just a time to tell you all about how I'm doing in school. I'm now 17 and finishing up my junior year in high school. For a first time, I hear this is a good score. I'll shoot for 28 my next time. I'm also planning on taking my SAT soon, so I'll let you all know on that, as well.
Reply
#2
[Image: Cookie.jpg]
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Reply
#3
I got a 30 on my ACT, but no one wanted to take it. Which was somewhat annoying.

I liked the ACT a lot more than the SAT, overall.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#4
Way to show me up =(
Reply
#5
That cookie is looking good as hell right now. Foiled again!
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Reply
#6
The Not Cool Not Tapion Wrote:Way to show me up =(

Errr... sorry, that wasn't my intent. I was trying to point out that the ACT is (or at least was when I took it) highly underrated.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#7
I never did ACT, just the SAT. I got a little less then 1000, which I'm told it about average
[Image: BurterJune08.jpg]

Want a cookie?
Reply
#8
I hear 26 is good for a first time of ACT and you usually go up the more times you do it so I'm shooting for 28 for next time.

I plan on finding out the dates for the SAT and taking that as well.
Reply
#9
Never took ACTs but got a 1040 on SATs.
[Image: curvedcopy.gif]
Reply
#10
I got a 1200 on my SATs. The only reason I didn't retake for a higher score was because I got 600 math and 600 verbal.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#11
Raditzu Wrote:I got a 1200 on my SATs. The only reason I didn't retake for a higher score was because I got 600 math and 600 verbal.

Are you...a genius? O_O
[Image: curvedcopy.gif]
Reply
#12
Pfft... no. 1200 isn't really something to brag about. I probably could have gotten better if I had bothered studying even a little bit, but the schools I was applying to didn't have very strict "requirements" (for lack of a better word) and I figured I test well enough to just go in and wing it.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#13
ACT > SAT in all cases, unless you really like math, in my opinion. Got a very good score on my first go at the ACT, SAT was a little more bumpy. Just endlessly take the practice SATs you can find, and it will really help you out come test time.

Oh, and for the SAT, one word: BACKSOLVING. Doing that will save you so much time.
Reply
#14
Ruhiel Wrote:one word: BACKSOLVING.

That's good advice, right there.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#15
If you don't include the writing section of the SAT (which many universities don't care about), I got 1280.
Raditzu Wrote:I got a 30 on my ACT, but no one wanted to take it. Which was somewhat annoying.

I liked the ACT a lot more than the SAT, overall.
I think it depends where you go. When I was looking into US universities, there were some that required you to have the ACT; some didn't even care about the SAT, just the ACT.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
Reply
#16
I didn't even know the ACT existed until my senior year. I was all "wtf there are two test?"
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#17
I only took the SAT, which I got a 1450 on.

I didn't take the ACT because I really didn't have to. xD Neither is more important than the other, if you ask me. Just...the SAT requires more logic, while the ACT is more mechanical. At least that's my understanding.
[Image: bujin.png]
Quote:SpotConspiracy (11:26:20 AM): I pretty much do any saga.
SpotConspiracy (11:26:30 AM): "HELLO KITTY SAGA!? COUNT ME THE FUCK IN."
Reply
#18
This is like...a US thing, right?
[Image: A18Oct.jpg]
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Reply
#19
ns, Abel.

It would be interesting to try taking those tests again now.

And I guess they're only US. I've never really thought about whether or not they're used outside the states.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#20
Well, we don't have ACT or SAT. We have QCS.
[Image: OrionAug11.jpg]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)