Poll: What was your top three favorite sagas?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dante's Abyss '06
0%
0 0%
Vegeta-sei Saga
0%
0 0%
Friend or Foe II
0%
0 0%
Takeover Saga
0%
0 0%
Dante's Abyss '04-'05
0%
0 0%
Prophecy's Child
0%
0 0%
Friend or Foe
0%
0 0%
Lookout Saga
0%
0 0%
Last Man Standing
0%
0 0%
Fusion Revival
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Staff Saga
#41
If I had ever played or seen a single scene of FF in my life, I might be able to make a comparison. =x
[Image: OrionAug11.jpg]
Reply
#42
Quote:Originally posted by Trunks
If I had ever played or seen a single scene of FF in my life, I might be able to make a comparison. =x

Shit...drunk and passed out you get a game of FF in.

I suck at games and I've played a couple FFs.
[Image: Yamusig3copy.jpg]

Dante's Abyss 2007 Runner-Up
Reply
#43
Quote:Originally posted by Burter Jr
You can't possibly tell me DA doesn't fit somewhere in there, jerk

I only get to pick my top three and I've been around for more sagas than most of the other people who have posted.

=(
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#44
You were referring to the Heinz Saga at one point. The first Saga where all the Saiyans got Oosaru and we went from Earth to Namek and then Vejita in it.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
#45
I was actually talking about the one where Goku Jr. got taken over by the parasite dude, and the dude jumped around bodies for a while, then MK pwned him into the Dead Zone. Later on, the parasite guy came back as a Namekian and tried to kill Guru, but he was stopped by Selipa, MK, and me, though I just kind of got kicked in the balls a lot.

Hmm... I might actually be mixing up a couple sagas in my mind... not sure.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#46
Karn.

I remember b/c I always found an uncanny resemblance of Josh's Karn character to the name Karn, Silver Golem from Magic.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
#47
HA! Yes, thank you. I was trying to think of a name that started with an "s" for some reason. Not even close.

I thought that was a great little follow-up on Namek. Its nice to see recurring themes like that.

I think the Heinz saga was the saga where I was first killed by Piccolo. =(
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#48
Reminds me of my old Namekian NPC Tack. I may have to bring him back one day, although he was primarily grouping with FT. Meh.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
#49
I never had an NPC back in those days. =(

I tried once and it was really dumb, so I just pretended it never happened and I don't think anyone noticed.

>.>

Anyway, you guys needs to add some of these old sagas to the poll so I can vote for them.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#50
Dante's Abyss
Takeover Saga
Vegeta-sei Saga

The ones I was in, I had a decent impact on the Takeover as Bujin w00t for teh Equal Ki Ball =D
[Image: 2n7nouq.png]
Xbox Live GT: GoDzLeftHanD
Reply
#51
Quote:Originally posted by Raditzu
I never had an NPC back in those days. =(

I tried once and it was really dumb, so I just pretended it never happened and I don't think anyone noticed.

>.>

Anyway, you guys needs to add some of these old sagas to the poll so I can vote for them.

You're the minority, friend. =D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=So wake me when it's through
I don't want to feel the things that you do
Don't worry, I'll be fine
I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_
Reply
#52
I must say I didn't read much DA 2k6 but I liked the 2k5 edition, even though it went much slower than planned when some staff quit, and The Lookout Saga was a good read from a few posts. I also liked PC; Some great writing there.
Reply
#53
All sagas have great writing. Some just suck you in more than others. This begs the question: what is better? Competitive sagas or storyline sagas?

It's all about preference.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=So wake me when it's through
I don't want to feel the things that you do
Don't worry, I'll be fine
I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_
Reply
#54
Storyline Sagas where the characters spark internal conflict.

Those are the best.

Fusion Revival is a perfect example.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#55
Honestly, I think I liked FoF2 the most not off my winning, but honestly b/c I like the way the characters steered the event and it brought out an enormous amount of good writing within people.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
#56
Lookout for me, just the pimpness of Vejitzu overwhelms my muscles with intensity!

*flexes*
~Semper Fidelis~
Reply
#57
Man, if you compare the LMS saga rewards with FoF2 this year's DA ... there's really been some inflation when it comes to prizes Tongue

I voted FoF2 and DA06. I've only been in two sagas - Vegeta-sei Rebellion and DA06, but I followed FoF2 a lot (as I joined whilst it was in progress). So it really comes down to those three. Vegeta-sei could have been great but I think most of the participants were bordering on MIA. Some of the people who won techniques did about 5 posts, sadly =( FoF2 in my opinion was fantastic. I'd love to see another story-based saga which isn't about the power levels. DA06 probably topped them all. There was no storyline, but the fact that it was, in a way, a strategy game mixed with writing made it awesome. The only thing that brought it down was the top-heavy reward scheme.

Difficult to compare FoF2 and DA06, since one is story-driven and one is strategy-driven. They both have their strengths and flaws, and I could carry on analysing them all day so I'll say they're about equal.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#58
I've never been in any saga Yay. Sad I voted DA. '06.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A decade ago, I never thought I would be, at twenty-three, on the verge of spontaneous combustion. Woe-is-me.
Reply
#59
Quote:Originally posted by Lucifer
We need a free-range saga soon, because competitive ones are really, really boring.

I wouldn't say boring, but they can be stressful. Vegeta-sei was alright, but it was pretty much only for saiyans, which meant not everyone could participate. The problem with completely free-range sagas is that people often go inactive in them since there's less drive to compete.

I'd say a saga without eliminations, but where rewards at the end are still judged on your writing/activity would be the way to go. So everyone makes it to the end, basically, unless some die for story reasons. Just people get rewards that fit their participation.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#60
I voted DA 2005.

Only because it's the only saga I've been in from start to finish.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)