11-30-2006, 10:27 PM
I've been playing this game for a while now (eight months), and yet still this video totally blew me away. I don't care if it's propaganda for GoonFleet; it's still wicked.
Anyone else play?
Anyone else play?
![[Image: Bellesig6-1.jpg]](http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff137/catseye543/Bellesig6-1.jpg)
|
EVE Online
|
|
11-30-2006, 10:27 PM
I've been playing this game for a while now (eight months), and yet still this video totally blew me away. I don't care if it's propaganda for GoonFleet; it's still wicked.
Anyone else play? ![]()
11-30-2006, 10:38 PM
No, I don't. But I need to, this game looks insane. Is there an info site for it?
11-30-2006, 10:47 PM
http://www.eve-online.com
Be warned though, this game has a very steep learning curve. The tutorial itself takes some people a couple of hours (although I hear it's been improved), and you're barely scratching the game there. And by barely scratching, I mean you're taking a quarter and running it across Atlas' big toe. There's seriously that much here. I'm still learning things each and every day. (I'm a miner in low security space, by the way. So I have to watch out for player pirates.) The thing I really like about this game is that it doesn't penalize you for having a life. You simply select a skill to train (there are no character 'levels', just proficiency in skills), and based on your statistics the server will begin counting down an amount of RL time. For instance, I have Industry IV; if I want to train it to Industry V (highest rank!) it would take me about four and a half real-life days. I set the skill, log out, don't play EVE for that amount of time, and when I come back the skill is done. The only real downside to not playing a lot is that you obviously won't make as much money as other people. But this is itself lessened in impact by the fact that even a Frigate can contribute greatly to a Fleet op, because it's almost fucking impossible for a Battleship with Large guns to hit one. It's cool. ![]()
10-24-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm going to have to decide between this and WoW. Will be hard.
What's the big differences? Other than the learning curve, obviously. I finished the tutorial and a couple of missions, still getting a feel for it. Navigating space via stargates is a pain in the ass. Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Is it free?
Edit: nvm Is there a monthly fee?
10-25-2008, 02:27 AM
Don't play EVE. I was infatuated with the game until I realized how much effort it would take to keep playing. Don't be fooled by the 'skills train even when you're offline!' crap. Even if you have the battleship skill, you still need the MONEY for the battleship, which takes time to get. Boring time. Boring ass missions and/or mining and/or courier missions. Boring. Utterly. It's a JOB that you PAY FOR. MONTHLY.
I can understand the game's appeal. I can appreciate its intricate, oftentimes arcane complexities. I totally understand how the idea of a single persistent universe tickles the fancy, and how the (heavily embellished) stories of fleet-vs.-fleet combat might send a shiver down your spine. But it's not FUN. ![]()
10-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Yeah. xD
But so far he's right. I played EVE a few hours yesterday, and then I played some WoW and there really isn't any comparison. Endgame maybe, the fleet vs. fleet stuff looks pretty fun but, meh. Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
10-26-2008, 04:16 AM
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|