Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Beijing 2008
#1
Anybody catch the opening ceremonies? That thing with the blocks replicating waves rippling in a pond was amazing.

Tried to watch Judo last night but fell asleep.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/index.html
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
#2
I saw like 10 mins of the opening ceremony. That's all.
[Image: soifonf.jpg]

Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Reply
#3
I saw the block waves, China coming in, and the lighting of the flame. That guy running on that wall like fifty million feet high thing rocked so hard!

[Image: picture.php?albumid=31&pictureid=126]

Bio: Juno | Active Thread: The Invasion - Bad Medicine
Reply
#4
USA just crushed Japan in the face in Volleyball.
Reply
#5
I reckon the Aussie's will dominate the swimming department.
[Image: soifonf.jpg]

Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Reply
#6
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing

Excellent way to keep track of results
Reply
#7
Kirano Wrote:I reckon the Aussie's will dominate the swimming department.

Uh, Michael Phelps ftw?

[Image: picture.php?albumid=31&pictureid=126]

Bio: Juno | Active Thread: The Invasion - Bad Medicine
Reply
#8
Burter Wrote:USA just crushed Japan in the face in Volleyball.

Never thought I'd say it, but this volleyball is pretty intense.
Reply
#9
Apparantly USA hasn't won a gold medal in volleyball in 16 years.

And I agree. This is ridiculous. They are insanely talented. Like robots. From Japan.
Reply
#10
For Olympic talk, my AIM is Rebinator =o
Reply
#11
For the record, I also like beach volleyball.

But for very, very different reasons.
Reply
#12
I like the USA has a Japanese-looking coach
Reply
#13
w00t!

USA > Japan
Reply
#14
An up to date link for the UK

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/olympics/
[Image: soifonf.jpg]

Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Reply
#15
Wait, how many sets are they doing? I was under the impression it was best 2 out of 3
Reply
#16
Burter Wrote:w00t!

USA > Japan

=D

But you're totally right about their talent. I'd say that I could do better, but then I'd just get smashed in the face by a spike.

And lose any dignity and pride I might have had.
Reply
#17
Is there anywhere online to view this stuff? I have a feeling that NBC will only show events USA is in, and I want to see ALL of it
Reply
#18
Direct TV has some all-Olympic channels. Don't know otherwise.

EDIT: And I think the team that wins three sets first wins.
Reply
#19
Ah crap. I missed the weighlifting. I'll watch the heighlights.
[Image: soifonf.jpg]

Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Reply
#20
Oh, so 3 out of 5? Okay.

And damn. I have brighthouse.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)