Posts: 62
Threads: 370
Joined: Oct 2001
So for computer monitors, do you need one specifically that's HD, like your TV? The reason I ask (I haven't researched it yet) is because I'm considering grabbing a Blu-Ray drive for my comp (My tv isn't HD, and the sound is horrible, so no reason to invest there), but am not sure if I'd have to change monitors to notice any real difference.
Posts: 23
Threads: 372
Joined: Jun 2004
01-08-2009, 10:32 PM
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2009, 10:33 PM by Vad.)
Reijin Wrote:So for computer monitors, do you need one specifically that's HD, like your TV? The reason I ask (I haven't researched it yet) is because I'm considering grabbing a Blu-Ray drive for my comp (My tv isn't HD, and the sound is horrible, so no reason to invest there), but am not sure if I'd have to change monitors to notice any real difference.
If you want Plasma TV, Blu Ray Drive quality set up, you'll need an HDMI port with your graphics card. Then just buy a small HDMI compatible TV, about 22" or so. The model my friend has accepts VGA and HDMI.
EDIT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6824001278
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Posts: 0
Threads: 119
Joined: Jun 2007
You should be able to spot the difference between a Blu Ray and a DVD on just a standard LCD monitor. You'd notice a bigger difference if you are outputting in 720p/1080p though, and for that your graphics card needs to specificity support it.
edit: Maybe this will help show the difference? Screens from DVD and Bluray on PC But of course, your milage may vary.
![[Image: 22173.png]](http://internetometer.com/image/22173.png)
Give waffuru an internets today!
![[Image: 1324033725.png]](http://speedtest.net/result/1324033725.png)
Posts: 62
Threads: 370
Joined: Oct 2001
Hmm, took actually trying to see the difference to notice a difference on that pic you linked Waff.
Posts: 80
Threads: 680
Joined: Dec 2002
Look at the cloth "texture" on his shoulder, or his hair if you're still having trouble seeing it.
"It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
Posts: 53
Threads: 60
Joined: Sep 2006
Or the face...or anything else in that picture, really. =x
Posts: 80
Threads: 680
Joined: Dec 2002
I don't really see it in anything else.
Though I have a documented medical reason for not seeing stuff... good. Dunno what other people's excuses are.
"It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
Posts: 62
Threads: 370
Joined: Oct 2001
Kaden Wrote:Look at the cloth "texture" on his shoulder, or his hair if you're still having trouble seeing it.
That's exactly what I looked at, the shoulder and hair.
But it took me actually paying specific attention to see it.
Yet if I see an HD tv and someone playing a 360 game, I see this enormous depth and quality that just blows me away.
Posts: 80
Threads: 680
Joined: Dec 2002
I'm inclined to say "don't believe the hype."
"It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
Posts: 0
Threads: 112
Joined: Sep 2006
Are you guys blind?
(You don't have to answer Mario)
The resta yas, wtf? I can actually see the shades of his makeup.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Posts: 62
Threads: 370
Joined: Oct 2001
Bil Baer Jaxx Wrote:Are you guys blind?
HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO INTERPRET THIS? CALM THE FUCK DOWNNN!
=D Cynical, yes.
Quote:The resta yas, wtf? I can actually see the shades of his makeup.
The point in the image was to see if my monitor really showed much of a difference. Sometimes it seems like there's a major difference if I actually look at a correct setup in stores, but looking through my monitor, its such a minor difference for the somewhat large cost.
Posts: 0
Threads: 112
Joined: Sep 2006
Oh.
Well, if it makes you feel any better, an HD setup on my computer would look amazing.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Posts: 80
Threads: 680
Joined: Dec 2002
Reijin Wrote:HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO INTERPRET THIS? CALM THE FUCK DOWNNN!
See, now that is how you obviously joke around.
"It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
Posts: 0
Threads: 114
Joined: Jun 2007
Trust me if you watch a movie in HD you will tell the difference, maybe it's hard with those pictures but there is a scary difference in quality.
*Has 32-inch LCD with 1080p*
Posts: 23
Threads: 372
Joined: Jun 2004
Reijin give me the model number and company of your monitor. I work better with specifications. Because my 19" AOC monitor, REALLY picked up on the difference. It was almost blinding how much the right looked better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Posts: 0
Threads: 112
Joined: Sep 2006
My aunt has a 720 I guess, it's crap.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Posts: 0
Threads: 119
Joined: Jun 2007
Josh Wrote:*Has 32-inch LCD with 1080p*
I use a 1080p 32" for my computer monitor and there's a pretty huge difference between standard and HD. I think I only output in 420 or 720 through the VGA but yeah. My old monitor wasn't good enough to pick up the differences that well.
![[Image: 22173.png]](http://internetometer.com/image/22173.png)
Give waffuru an internets today!
![[Image: 1324033725.png]](http://speedtest.net/result/1324033725.png)
Posts: 23
Threads: 372
Joined: Jun 2004
I use DVI since the card I have doesn't have a VGA port. But the monitor is VGA, so I just convert it with a simple sex/species change piece.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Posts: 0
Threads: 114
Joined: Jun 2007
Waffuru Wrote:I use a 1080p 32" for my computer monitor and there's a pretty huge difference between standard and HD. I think I only output in 420 or 720 through the VGA but yeah. My old monitor wasn't good enough to pick up the differences that well.
Nah it's not for my computer, it's just my bedroom tv.
But yeah trust me, watching stuff in 720p or 1080p is like a huge difference, it's insane.
Playing Tales of Vesperia in high definition makes me happy in the pants.
Posts: 62
Threads: 370
Joined: Oct 2001
Vad- I'll probably need to pull out my monitor box, so I'll get back to you on that.
Apparently when I sat up earlier, I pulled the shit out of my lower back, so after a long time of laying on the floor (like an hour) I managed to lean against shit enough to get my thermal back thing and heat it up, take a few tylenol, and grab something to drink.
I won't be getting back up for a while. Won't=can't.
|