Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Free flights to Japan?
#1
http://www.skyscanner.net/news/articles/...ghts.html?

YES. To try and reinvigorate tourism, the Japanese government are giving away 10000 free return tickets to Japan. I was actually planning to head there this year but fucked up on money, so I am defs applying when it opens. We should totally all try and get tickets and have a Chubbs Japan meetup. MIRITE?!
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#2
That's amazing. I'll apply.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#3
Same. I'll definitely be applying.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply
#4
1-17 Feburary I am already going to be there.

EDIT: That's before they would likely be starting this, sadly. Alas.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This lil' thing is thanks to Jarka!
Reply
#5
Fuck you, Kuwait.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply
#6
That's kinda cool.
A man in a wheelchair with a rocket launcher can make a big explosion once, then he's as weak as any other cripple.
-Some dude on the SWTor Forums
Reply
#7
I've always wanted to go there so I'd definitely sign up.
[Image: soifonf.jpg]

Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Reply
#8
I won't be signing up, so that should give even more incentive for the rest of you.
[Image: jd-1.jpg]
"I would happily blow 20 guys in an alley with bleedy dicks so I could
get AIDS then fuck a deer and kill it with my AIDS." - Louis C.K.
thanks waff
Kaden Wrote:I wish being ten John Does made me feel better than it actually does.
Reply
#9
Hell yeah, I'm in
[Image: Teemer2003.png]
Reply
#10
It's not a free trip guys, just a flight. So yeah, would cut your costs down but hotels aren't cheap either.
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply
#11
yeah but you can all pitch on a PARTY ROOOOOOM
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply
#12
Stop being a PARTY POOPER, Waffuru.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If life gives you lemons, hand them to me!
I've got a great recipe for lemon meringue pie.

Reply
#13
Depending on where you are, expect something like 3000-7000 yen per night per person at a hotel or traditional inn, and that usually doesn't include food. Also will have to factor in if you are travelling around at all, as travel in Japan seems to be pretty expensive (150ish for a train trip to Tokyo from Kyoto was a number my friend threw at me), or you can get the gaijin only train passes that are about 260ish+ for a week (both those figures are Aus$).

Then there's food, passport, travel insurance, etc. Honestly, flights to Japan right now are actually pretty cheap, so while this is super awesome and all, still be prepared to fork out a good lot of cash. The round trip for me is around 800 Aus which is insanely cheap, but I'm still ensuring I have at least 2.5 or 3 grand to take with me for two weeks.

Anyway, not to be a party pooper, just pointing out things! If anyone wants all the info I've got about travelling there then let me know and I'll hook you up with links. The friend I'm going with has a bunch of friends in Japan so we've been able to get some really good info pretty easily.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This lil' thing is thanks to Jarka!
Reply
#14
You just pooped on the party. Way to go...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply
#15
Well the more you know the more you can plan for!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This lil' thing is thanks to Jarka!
Reply
#16
Someone else linked this to a friend of mine the other day. If the costs seem feasible, I might consider it.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
#17
Anzekay Wrote:Depending on where you are, expect something like 3000-7000 yen per night per person at a hotel or traditional inn, and that usually doesn't include food. Also will have to factor in if you are travelling around at all, as travel in Japan seems to be pretty expensive (150ish for a train trip to Tokyo from Kyoto was a number my friend threw at me), or you can get the gaijin only train passes that are about 260ish+ for a week (both those figures are Aus$).

150yen is about 2 dollars american, and 3000-7000 is about $40~$90.
Reply
#18
Sounds about right, I wasn't sure if the US to Yen exchange rate was similar to the Aus to Yen rate. But since it's roughly 1:1 between Us and Aus right now (we're slightly higher last I looked) I guess it makes sense for it to be about the same.

That said, those numbers were only for Kyoto, and only certain parts of it (there was some that were as high as 9000, and this way all for 2 or 3 people per room, it's more for a single person). We haven't ironed out our trip completely yet so that's the only figures I've looked at so far, may be different elsewhere.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This lil' thing is thanks to Jarka!
Reply
#19
My hypothetical plans largely depend on whether the tickets are fixed-date or open return. If it's open, I'll stay for a few months and WWOOF as per my previous plan. I'll be saving just in case.
Reply
#20
If you can you should totally go later in the year so I can go for another trip there while you are.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This lil' thing is thanks to Jarka!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)