Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Dumb Computer Issue
#1
Heh, just kidding. This is more of a "How's my RPing?" kind of deal. People have been posting about god-moding and such, so I figured I'd make a thread on how people evaluate other people's RPing skills, because I know I would like to hear what people think.

Scale:
1 - 10

1 being "Dude, you totally suck"
10 being "You're teh rox"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you
=_
Reply
#2
shit for me I would have to say a 5 o.O I'm not bad nor great ^_^ but things change...I think I am better then I was before I got here though..
Reply
#3
Zarbon is very elaborate with his rping and places his words with maximum effect. Honestly, I don't believe this is your first RPG, whether it is or it isn't. I'd give you a 8.5 - 9. I enjoy reading your stuff. Big Grin
[Image: OrionAug11.jpg]
Reply
#4
Spice I would probably put on a 6. Granted, I haven't read all of your stuff.

I would appreciate any comments on my own writing, as well.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#5
Alright, been unable to find this on google, so asking here since I haven't managed to solve the situation myself (in fairness I'm only casually putting effort into it before getting bored and doing something else).

I can watch youtube and other things on both monitors of my dual monitor (off one card) setup. However, if I try to play something on winamp or wmp such as a dvd or even downloaded avi and mpg files, I can watch them on my secondary crt monitor but not off the lcd. Moving the window back and forth shows it as an empty black box with no picture but full sound on one, and seamlessly moves into showing full video when I move it back to the other.

I've replaced my codecs a couple of times with different packages and been tweaking, but can't fix it. Google only finds things regarding video SIGNAL input to one monitor and not the other, which isn't quite what I need. Perhaps I'm just not googling correctly, but meh. I don't know if its a resolution thing or what, but it just started up a month or two ago and I've been tired of having to lean over to the other monitor to watch stuff.

EDIT: OWNED. Everyone else gets a SINGLE orphan post, I bust out an orphan THREAD.
[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]

"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
Reply
#6
Completely off the topic: THE WAR FOR THREADSPACE

Too many posts are being orphaned in this conflict, and it becomes noticeably worse every week. A cease-spam must be signed! Elsewise we'll be buried alive beneath the slain.

It's time to clean the OOC forums. At least 60% of all posts in CDBZ are in the asylum and questions&suggestions forums, that's just sick. Maybe get rid of some of those larger archived forums as well?
Reply
#7
So this completely gets derailed and other than hijacking the topic I get no responses?

Sad
[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]

"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
Reply
#8
Waffuru is most likely the only person that can help.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Reply
#9
Probably, I'm a bit out of options. I can't find it anywhere on google, and I've been updating codecs to test. One monitor will still show the vids, the other will show it black when dragged over.
[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]

"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
Reply
#10
Really, the only thing I can think of is to try changing your primary monitor... I think some video cards will only playback video on your primary monitor.

But I guess if it used to work and doesn't now then mostly just ??????
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply
#11
I have a solution!

Grab a sledgehammer and go wild! Problem solved!

You'll just have to buy a new computer afterward, but you'll buy it knowing that you are a computer genius.
[Image: uno.jpg]
Altyr: "its a big scary world, and I love high school"
shifobrains: I hate high school
Becca: I didnt graduate ;-;
Altyr: YOU GUYS FUCK UP GOOD ANALOGIES
Reply
#12
Have you tried reinstalling/updating your video card drivers? Also if possible you should try using another dual monitor video card.
[Image: OrionAug11.jpg]
Reply
#13
Don't have another decent dual monitor vid card, bought this one to help alleviate a problem and I am letting my friend use my old one. It was working fine and then something changed.

Reinstalling the drivers was the next thing I'm going to try, as its the only other thing I can really think of. I figure just something got corrupted one day. I can watch embedded vids (most of the time) quite well, too.
[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]

"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
Reply
#14
Reijin Wrote:Don't have another decent dual monitor vid card, bought this one to help alleviate a problem and I am letting my friend use my old one. It was working fine and then something changed.

Reinstalling the drivers was the next thing I'm going to try, as its the only other thing I can really think of. I figure just something got corrupted one day. I can watch embedded vids (most of the time) quite well, too.

If your going re-install, do you have a decent driver cleaner? GFX drivers are notorious for inbreeding if you install them over the top of themselves, it causes problems. For a problem such as this, 9 out of 10 times I would suggest using a driver cleaner, then updating to the latest drivers. (Don't use beta drivers, the bugs can cause real kick in the teeth issues, sometimes.)
"There are not fifty ways of fighting, there’s only one, and that’s to win."
[Image: druusigwip3xm8.jpg][Roster]---------------------------------------------------------[Vault]


Reply
#15
Druu Wrote:If your going re-install, do you have a decent driver cleaner? GFX drivers are notorious for inbreeding if you install them over the top of themselves, it causes problems. For a problem such as this, 9 out of 10 times I would suggest using a driver cleaner, then updating to the latest drivers. (Don't use beta drivers, the bugs can cause real kick in the teeth issues, sometimes.)
I've actually never heard of anything regarding that, to be honest.

What would you recommend in that case?

ATI Radeon 3850, I believe. Can't remember the exact numbers off my head.
[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]

"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
Reply
#16
I've never needed driver cleaners.
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply
#17
Waffuru Wrote:I've never needed driver cleaners.

Well, thats fair enough, but I've never had an install that has worked unless I cleaned the drivers. It depends if your computer loves you or not. ((Sad))

Anywho;

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

Thats the program I'm talking about, Guru3D includes a description and everything on the page.
"There are not fifty ways of fighting, there’s only one, and that’s to win."
[Image: druusigwip3xm8.jpg][Roster]---------------------------------------------------------[Vault]


Reply
#18
Well, actually, when switching to an ATi card from an nVidia card or vice versa I will run a driver cleaner.
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)