Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Like Toy Soliders
#1
No.

=/
[Image: BurterJune08.jpg]

Want a cookie?
#2
Sorry, I only listen to good music.
[Image: Dirty_Harry.png]
#3
I saw the video, it's actually pretty good. Good point to it.

Then again, Mosh is also a good video. Very political. And for those punk listeners out there that listen to only things that haven't gotten radio play, I'm sure you've gotten your end of the political punk.
[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]

"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
#4
Who actually listens to shit on the radio these days?

Besides poor people.
#5
Quote:Originally posted by Koola
poor people.
[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]

"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
#6
Quote:Originally posted by Gohan
Quote:Originally posted by Kami
Sorry, I only listen to good music.
Well said

Yes...

But technically, I would not classify rap as being music, per se. Rap is more like people talking with sometimes music in the background. Music has range. Rap is like writing a book using only the words "uh", "yeah" and "mmm".
#7
rap is 'music' but they aren't songs... in order for something to be a song, you have to sing... given the name.
#8
Music is organized rhythems and beats, there you go.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
#9
Music is organized noise.

Rap was better back when it was happy, now it's just degrading to everyone. I don't want to listen to som eguy sing about his bitches, big car, drug deals and rape charges, I don't give a shit about him. Like that fucknut who had his jaw wired shut or something and he's like "I write this so everyone could feel my pain." Fuck that, you're a dick and you deserved it. Nobody cares but you and your homies.

I'd rather listen to happier, more realistic content, like Angry Anthem by the Forces of Evil. Beer, by Reel Big Fish, and many many more. Point is, rap really is not my genre, I have a hard time relating to it, and after all these years I really don't enjoy it at all. McHammer was the last rapper I listened to, and I was like 4 years old. Rap had a point, it had a purpose (back when it originated) and even then some people didn't like it, I know I probably wouldn't, and I still don't like it. To me it just sounds...bad.
[Image: Dirty_Harry.png]
#10
Quote:Originally posted by Recoome
Rap used to be cool, back when it started... now its just about stupid shit and stupid people trying to sound 'wise'. ::hates Mosh:: Of all people, Marshal Mathers talking about politics?

And I dont know who Enimine is, sorry. Please dont try again.

Rap is good when they rap about things worth listening to.

The last thing I want to hear when turning my radio on is "Pimps and Hoes" twenty times over.
[Image: BurterJune08.jpg]

Want a cookie?
#11
Way I see it, there are diffrent form's of rap.

Black rap (not meant as a racial insult), where it has most stuff worth listening to.

Gangsta rap, total crap that just does it for the publicity (think about 50 Cent)
Profile

[Image: marcus.png]

"Things change. People change. You. Me. Every one of us... Every day of our lives. The day ya' stop changin'... is the day ya' die."

Roster
#12
Quote:Originally posted by Furiza
Or the broader generalization of all rap.
Think of crap minus the first letter.

No, not too true. Think "8-Mile." That rap is good. That rap means something. That rap is about real things, real people, and its meant to settle disputes. Its like poetry for poor people.

However, the 'rich' rappers are the ones who suck. As I said, I dont give a shit about "Pimps and Hoes"
[Image: BurterJune08.jpg]

Want a cookie?
#13
Quote:Originally posted by Furiza
I can't tolerate rap. They want to be musicians, they should go learn to play an instrument or sing.

I guess I can see that perspective, but pretty much its a skill like any other. Some people are very good, some people are very bad. Some people actually rap good things, some people rap shit.
[Image: BurterJune08.jpg]

Want a cookie?
#14
Quote:Originally posted by Recoome
Maybe its just me, but these days every rap album is about the same thing once you get down to the core. I hate Eminem because he just wants publicity... I remember a freestyle he did about raping aliens and some garbage, thats when I stopped listening to that whackjob. Nobody has a mind that sick... well, maybe Freiza...

I think I stopped walking down the 'rap' aisle when I saw an album called "PIMPOLOGY 101"

-.-
[Image: BurterJune08.jpg]

Want a cookie?
#15
You guys should really not post here if you don't like it. It's a more mellow rap than a lot of it and it has a lot of deep thinking written into it. A lot of emotion.

I think it is very well done and it shows that the east coast west coast beef is really stupid.

The only thing that I think was stupid to say was something like "I didn't come into this rap game for this" or something. Talking about the beef.

I thought that was stupid because if it was anybody else that was new to the rap game or somebody like Vanilla Ice people would call that rapper a pussy and that the rapper should deal with it. But it's well done.
#16
I think what it comes down to is that I hate the mindless masses that simply soak up whatever shit is slapped on the radio and mindlessly go along with it thinking it's cool because they saw it on MTV.

*is done*
[Image: Dirty_Harry.png]
#17
MTV should die. They don't play music at all. I like Toy Soldiers because it has a great beat to it and Eminem raps about something that is almost important.
#18
Quote:Originally posted by Tapion
You guys should really not post here if you don't like it.

Well people have opinions and they are welcome to share them even if they are opinions you don't agree with. Sorry!
#19
Except for the fact that he asked what you guys thought of Like Toy Soldiers by Eminem. Not what you think of the rap community and not "Let's descriminate all rap!"

Have you heard it and what do you think of it. Simple as that.

Sorry!
#20
Quote:Originally posted by King Vejita
Besides, everyone bitches about rap, what about Country? O_o That's beyond stupid.

Good point. They kinda follow the same thing. You have to be complaining about something to get anywhere in either of them.
[Image: Ruhiel.png]


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)