Posts: 53
Threads: 144
Joined: Mar 2004
Seeing as how the Christmas holiday is coming up, I was wondering rather to snatch a copy of Black and White or Black and White 2. Checked out the reviews and apparently B&W is better then the second though I don't know what I'd be missing out on if I didn't pick up the latest game of the series.
I'm in need of a RTS game, something along the lines of the Civilization series without turn based and would adhere to building an empire and later destroying others with a gruesomely sexy all out army vs. army like in any Total War game... thought this might be the one.
Posts: 74
Threads: 160
Joined: Apr 2006
RTS?
Does that mean Real Time System?
Age of Empires III
Battle for Middle Earth1
Battle for Middle Earth 2
Those are for computers though.>_>
First and current League Champion: Holder of the Torrent badge of Earth.
Reb: ya know
Reb: I think you're a fucking moron OOC
Reb: but I have to hand it to you
Reb: you've turned into a really good writer
Posts: 28
Threads: 61
Joined: Nov 2006
Quote:Originally posted by Retane
RTS?
Does that mean Real Time System?
Age of Empires III
Battle for Middle Earth1
Battle for Middle Earth 2
Those are for computers though.>_>
Real Time Strategy. B&W is for PC too.
Any of the afore mentioned games are all good though.
![[Image: Gramps.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/makshido/Gramps.jpg)
ありがとう人造人間18号
Posts: 53
Threads: 144
Joined: Mar 2004
Mmhm, heard the Middle Earth games were good. Screen shots look amazing for Age of Empires.
Posts: 38
Threads: 576
Joined: Jun 2004
BFME2
Profile
"Things change. People change. You. Me. Every one of us... Every day of our lives. The day ya' stop changin'... is the day ya' die."
Roster
Posts: 37
Threads: 342
Joined: Feb 2004
Age of Empires and that series in general is the only pure RTS I can really get into.
Sinners make the best Saints
![[Image: tobiasyu5.jpg]](http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5609/tobiasyu5.jpg)
Posts: 35
Threads: 176
Joined: Oct 2004
I have played B&W2. In fact, it's right beside me. Great game. I actually liked it a bit better than the original. They did a marvellous job of combining battle and a god game. Though, I was liked the 'impressiveness' method more.
As for other RTSes, Rise of Legends was pretty good.
Posts: 53
Threads: 144
Joined: Mar 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Zarbon
I have played B&W2. In fact, it's right beside me. Great game. I actually liked it a bit better than the original. They did a marvellous job of combining battle and a god game. Though, I was liked the 'impressiveness' method more.
As for other RTSes, Rise of Legends was pretty good.
That was what first grabbed my attention, the whole "Alright, you're God, now install some wrath."
Considering I've absolutely no idea for any other thing, I might be taking your's and Garlic's advice... Never really been one for Middle Earth-based games. >.>
Posts: 74
Threads: 160
Joined: Apr 2006
Meh My computer is to outdated to play AoE3
I've played two and enjoyed it. My stepbrother has my AoE3 playing it on his laptop and he enjoys it.
ANd LotR is the shit no matter how you look at it =(
First and current League Champion: Holder of the Torrent badge of Earth.
Reb: ya know
Reb: I think you're a fucking moron OOC
Reb: but I have to hand it to you
Reb: you've turned into a really good writer
Posts: 4
Threads: 95
Joined: Jun 2006
I played AoE3 and I didn't like it. It's too way different from AoE 1 and 2. Dunno why, but I didn't like it... =\
Also, BFME2...I tried getting that, but it comes on a dual-layer DVD, and...my dad wouldn't get it for me... =\ No clue why...
Posts: 13
Threads: 41
Joined: Jul 2006
Starcraft!
It's old, but it's a classic.
Posts: 10
Threads: 560
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 20
Threads: 100
Joined: Aug 2004
Well, I should warn you about BFME though. After a while, it gets repetitive as mission objectives are preety similar. For good RTS games, any of the following will do:
Warcraft 3
Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne
Command & Conquer: Generals
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
Starcraft
Age of Empires 3
Black & White
Any else I can`t comment as I haven`t played them.
Posts: 0
Threads: 80
Joined: Nov 2006
Quote:Originally posted by Jackie Chun
Well, I should warn you about BFME though. After a while, it gets repetitive as mission objectives are preety similar. For good RTS games, any of the following will do:
Warcraft 3
Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne
Command & Conquer: Generals
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
Starcraft
Age of Empires 3
Black & White
Any else I can`t comment as I haven`t played them.
I second that, I have it and play it on a daily basis. =o
Also, Black and White 2 is great.