Posts: 59
Threads: 188
Joined: May 2006
Okay, so I did the whole graduation from high school thing today. It was great; happy moment.
Then, I got home, still happy. I looked in the mail; there was a letter from University Maryland Eastern Shore. It's a pretty good college in MD. I opened it. And OMFG! I was accepted.
Just a kid from Fayette and Monore, one of the worst neighborhoods in West Baltimore, going to fucking college. Someone with a goddam 72.3 GPA. Sure, an 1880 on the SATs. . . but a fucking 72.3 GPA. I made it.
This is the happiest day of my life.
God may never be on schedule, but damn is he always on time.
All thanks go to the man above for keeping my mind sane and my body fit. He gets all of the glory. And I give this day to him. Thank you God, thank you.
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Posts: 45
Threads: 69
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 0
Threads: 80
Joined: Nov 2006
Dude.
If you don't have the net I'm gonna kill you ='(
Posts: 16
Threads: 135
Joined: Jul 2006
Quote:Originally posted by Android 16
congrats dude.
Posts: 4
Threads: 119
Joined: Sep 2006
Quote:Originally posted by Ballofire
Dude.
If you don't have the net I'm gonna kill you ='(
Fo realz.
When do you start?
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Posts: 59
Threads: 188
Joined: May 2006
Right before September.
And thanks guys.
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Posts: 0
Threads: 80
Joined: Nov 2006
He has the net, I'm not emo anymore.
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
Rock!
I'm glad, dude. Planned a major yet?
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 16
Threads: 102
Joined: May 2006
That's awesome.
My graduation is on Saturday.
I hope it is as great as that!
Posts: 0
Threads: 11
Joined: Jan 2007
I'm stupid, so I don't get to graduate this year.
But, to more on-topic matters: As I said on MSN, that kicks ass. Best of luck.
Greg0rz (3:16:14 PM): if you cut Michael Moore, he would bleed cheese and bacon grease?
UltimoDemon (3:16:26 PM): I think that is very likely, yes.
Greg0rz (3:16:34 PM): *scribbles down*
Greg0rz (3:16:45 PM): do you mind if I quote you?
UltimoDemon (3:16:49 PM): Not at all.
Posts: 33
Threads: 344
Joined: Nov 2004
Congrats. Planning to hit up the Terps' JV basketball team?
Posts: 101
Threads: 407
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 129
Threads: 151
Joined: Jul 2004
Way to go, dude.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you=_
Posts: 7
Threads: 3
Joined: May 2007
Quote:Originally posted by Gokua
Okay, so I did the whole graduation from high school thing today. It was great; happy moment.
Then, I got home, still happy. I looked in the mail; there was a letter from University Maryland Eastern Shore. It's a pretty good college in MD. I opened it. And OMFG! I was accepted.
Just a kid from Fayette and Monore, one of the worst neighborhoods in West Baltimore, going to fucking college. Someone with a goddam 72.3 GPA. Sure, an 1880 on the SATs. . . but a fucking 72.3 GPA. I made it.
This is the happiest day of my life.
God may never be on schedule, but damn is he always on time.
All thanks go to the man above for keeping my mind sane and my body fit. He gets all of the glory. And I give this day to him. Thank you God, thank you.
Congrats XD
Posts: 1
Threads: 20
Joined: Oct 2006
Yay.
I love when people don't waste their lives.
=D
Posts: 59
Threads: 188
Joined: May 2006
Krillin: I suck at basketball. xP
Lucifer: Thanks
Everyone else: Thanks.
Cargo: My major that is set right now is Criminal Justice, but I may switch to either Political Science or English.
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Posts: 33
Threads: 344
Joined: Nov 2004
Then what the hell are you doing at Maryland? EVERYONE there can play basketball, from what I've heard. It's bleeding from their frickin' ears.
Posts: 59
Threads: 188
Joined: May 2006
Oh. You have the wrong UM. University of Maryland Eastern Shore is what I was accepted into. I didn't apply to Univeristy of Maryland College Park.
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Posts: 33
Threads: 344
Joined: Nov 2004
Oh.
Eastern Shore's better anyway.