05-06-2008, 04:13 AM
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2008, 04:22 AM by The Not Cool Not Tapion.)
So on April 12th, I step into a room ready to take the ACT for my first time. Not only is it my first time, but I also signed up to do the extra writing portion on it because I figured it would look better on college applications. Before I list everything, I thought you should know my GPA is a 2.67 because I don't do anything at all in school. I learn the stuff and retain it, I just don't do homework and I hate reviewing things I already know and want to move on. The counselor is thinking about putting me in advance online courses for next year so that my GPA goes up so that I can do work at my own pace. Anyway overall for the ACT, here we go:
Ok so the extra writing portion is at the end and it was on a scale of 2-12 accorded to the paper in the mail.
Copied from actstudent.org, the website for ACT where I signed up for it.
Composite Score : 26
Subject Test Score
(1–36) Subscore (1–18)
ENGLISH 25
Usage/Mechanics 14
Rhetorical Skills 12
MATHEMATICS 24
Pre-Algebra/Elem. Algebra 16
Algebra/Coord. Geometry 11
Plane Geometry/Trig. 11
READING 27
Social Studies/Sciences 14
Arts/Literature 14
SCIENCE 26
Subject Test Score
(1–36) Subscore
(2–12)
COMBINED ENGLISH/WRITING 25
Writing 09
Comments on Your Essay:General statements in your essay were well supported with specific reasons, examples, and details. Your essay was well organized, making it easy to understand logical relationships among ideas.
Now, on the paper in the mail it says "Rank: Approximate percent of ACT-tested students at or below your score"
In Your State: 83%
In the U.S.: 85%
This was just a time to tell you all about how I'm doing in school. I'm now 17 and finishing up my junior year in high school. For a first time, I hear this is a good score. I'll shoot for 28 my next time. I'm also planning on taking my SAT soon, so I'll let you all know on that, as well.
Ok so the extra writing portion is at the end and it was on a scale of 2-12 accorded to the paper in the mail.
Copied from actstudent.org, the website for ACT where I signed up for it.
Composite Score : 26
Subject Test Score
(1–36) Subscore (1–18)
ENGLISH 25
Usage/Mechanics 14
Rhetorical Skills 12
MATHEMATICS 24
Pre-Algebra/Elem. Algebra 16
Algebra/Coord. Geometry 11
Plane Geometry/Trig. 11
READING 27
Social Studies/Sciences 14
Arts/Literature 14
SCIENCE 26
Subject Test Score
(1–36) Subscore
(2–12)
COMBINED ENGLISH/WRITING 25
Writing 09
Comments on Your Essay:General statements in your essay were well supported with specific reasons, examples, and details. Your essay was well organized, making it easy to understand logical relationships among ideas.
Now, on the paper in the mail it says "Rank: Approximate percent of ACT-tested students at or below your score"
In Your State: 83%
In the U.S.: 85%
This was just a time to tell you all about how I'm doing in school. I'm now 17 and finishing up my junior year in high school. For a first time, I hear this is a good score. I'll shoot for 28 my next time. I'm also planning on taking my SAT soon, so I'll let you all know on that, as well.


![[Image: RadOct.jpg]](http://frozendust.com/sig/raditzu/RadOct.jpg)
![[Image: BurterJune08.jpg]](http://frozendust.com/sig/dbz/BurterJune08.jpg)
![[Image: curvedcopy.gif]](http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Spazz678/curvedcopy.gif)
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
![[Image: bujin.png]](http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q218/Aerogfx/sigs/bujin.png)
![[Image: A18Oct.jpg]](http://frozendust.com/sig/A18/A18Oct.jpg)
![[Image: OrionAug11.jpg]](http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/captain_civic/OrionAug11.jpg)