Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Dragon Ball Online
#1
Just thought I'd bring this up again since obviously there's been some developments since March 2007. =P

From Wikipedia, on Gameplay:

"As with other MMORPGs, players control a character avatar within a persistent game world, where they will be able to explore the landscape, search for the Dragon Balls, train to compete in the Tenkaichi Budokai, aspiring to become like the warriors of legend, as well as interacting with NPCs as well as other players. As in most MMORPGs, players will be able to obtain money and experience which will allow them to level up and obtain new abilities. Players will also be able to participate in "Timemachine Quests", in which they will receive guidance from Time Patrol Trunks (タイム・パトロール・トランクス, Taimu Patorōru Torankusu?), in order to travel back in time and take part in notable aspects of the Dragon Ball history.[6]

To date, three playable races have been announced: Human, Namekian, and Majin.[1] Saiyans no longer exist in the world as of Age 1000, and will not appear as a playable race.[1] Players will also be able to create their characters as children, allowing them to age over time, much like characters in the Dragonball series. A wide variety of skills appear to be available, including energy attacks such as the Kienzan or the Kamehameha. Players will additionally have access to weapons, including gloves, guns, and staves as well as to Bukujutsu, the ability to fly using chi energy (Gameplay video - 1:47).[7]"

So. First off, Time Patrol Trunks sounds lame. Just putting that out there. =P

Secondly, no Saiyans ftw.

Thirdly, Kamehameha ftl.

Fourthly, children sounds... interesting.

Fifthly, guns ftw.

Lastly, Bukujustu FTWxMAXIMUM.
[Image: Zangcopy.jpg]

When you're dancing her dance, you don't stand a chance
Her grip of romance makes you fall!
So you think, might as well dance a tango to Hell
At least I'll have tango'd at all!
Reply
#2
No Saiyans?

Umm, pretty sure that's fail.
Reply
#3
I'm so there.
Reply
#4
Sazuaa Wrote:No Saiyans?

Umm, pretty sure that's fail.

Have to agree with you there but the good thing is the MMORPG won't be full of saiyans. I'm likely going to see if the allow the Majins to resemble Uub. If not I'd probably go with a Namekian or Human.
Reply
#5
Personally, I'll probably just make a human child. The whole growing up aspect is interesting, and I want to try it out. As for class, Spiritualist; if I go with Majin (my second choice) I'll make a strange Buu.
[Image: Zangcopy.jpg]

When you're dancing her dance, you don't stand a chance
Her grip of romance makes you fall!
So you think, might as well dance a tango to Hell
At least I'll have tango'd at all!
Reply
#6
Sazuaa Wrote:No Saiyans?

Umm, pretty sure that's fail.
Let's say Saiyans were allowed, as much as it clashed with every bit of storyline history that has been established as this takes place after Z (ignoring GT). Just a wild guess, what percentage do you expect the various races to be from choices? My guess: 0.5% Human, 1.5% Namekian (everyone named a misspelled Piccolo Picollo Pickleo etc) and 98% Saiyan (Goku, Gokuu, Gouku, Gokou, Songoku, Sangoku, Lolgoku, Gokupwns, Ssjultimatetrunks, etc)
[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]

"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
Reply
#7
He's saying it's fail because he'd be part of that 98 percent (most likely ssjultimatetrunks)

But yeah, there were maybe twelve or thirteen saiyans that didn't end up dead by the end of Z. Let's count (this includes half-saiyans)

Goku
Gohan
Goten
Pan
Vegeta
Trunks
Bra

Wow. Seven. Less than I thought. Have fun creating hundreds of thousands based off of the four people left to pass off the Saiyan line by Z's end (Bra, Trunks, Pan, Goten still hadn't had children).
[Image: Zangcopy.jpg]

When you're dancing her dance, you don't stand a chance
Her grip of romance makes you fall!
So you think, might as well dance a tango to Hell
At least I'll have tango'd at all!
Reply
#8
Zangya Wrote:He's saying it's fail because he'd be part of that 98 percent (most likely ssjultimatetrunks)

But yeah, there were maybe twelve or thirteen saiyans that didn't end up dead by the end of Z. Let's count (this includes half-saiyans)

Goku
Gohan
Goten
Pan
Vegeta
Trunks
Bra

Wow. Seven. Less than I thought. Have fun creating hundreds of thousands based off of the four people left to pass off the Saiyan line by Z's end (Bra, Trunks, Pan, Goten still hadn't had children).
Now lets assume that due to the large number of humans, the Saiyan genes can essentially be "bred out" through simply being that dissipated around. So we can definitely remove Gohan, Goten, Pan, Trunks, and Bra from that list. That leaves direct descendants of Vegeta and direct descendants of Goku left to keep a pure untainted Saiyan. That can logically only happen once before you have to assume new blood is brought in, (ignoring a struggle against retardation in the family by continuing to incestally breed).
[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]

"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
Reply
#9
Yeah, no saiyans is a plus.

Otherwise, as stated, everyone'd be one.

As for the game itself ...Interesting. But it might suck as hard as every other DB game.

...Although Hyper Dimensions was decent.
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
[Image: BuraSig.jpg]
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Reply
#10
Only 3 races? That's hardcore fail. There were way too many races throughout the DB universe, how do you end up with 3? Are they putting emphasis on other areas of the game instead?

Hyper Dimension and Legend of The Super Saiyan I liked. Yes, the latter was annoying as fuck, but it was still fun. Haven't played any of the Budokais, I hear they are actually decent games, but DBZ fans are just getting tired of the same old shit.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Reply
#11
The fact that there's no saiyan's makes me even more eager to play it.
Reply
#12
Bra Wrote:But it might suck as hard as every other DB game.

Check out Dragonball - Advanced Adventure. One of my favorite GBA games that isn't an RPG.
Reply
#13
Bojack play Budokai 1 and 3 before I kick you in the nuts. Also play Tenkachi 1 and 2. Or else I'll kick you in the nuts.
Reply
#14
The Budokais aren't so bad, but as someone once said (I wanna say Greg, but I can't remember), they're just stock fighting games with DBZ mapped on top of it. The Tenkaichi series is where it's at.
Reply
#15
Okay, yeah the majority of people would probable be Saiyans, but 98% is just a ridiculous figure, IMO. And I wouldn't have been a Saiyan, because I'm not/wasn't gonna be playing the game whatever happens. I just think it's strange to have a DBZ MMO, and not have Saiyans as an available race to choose from. Honestly I don't think many people would care that being able to be a Saiyan would clash with the shows storyline.

And only 3 races is pretty gay. You would have thought they'd atleast throw in androids...
Reply
#16
The game is currently unfinished fyi
[Image: Zangcopy.jpg]

When you're dancing her dance, you don't stand a chance
Her grip of romance makes you fall!
So you think, might as well dance a tango to Hell
At least I'll have tango'd at all!
Reply
#17
Zangya Wrote:To date, three playable races have been announced: Human, Namekian, and Majin.

Since some of you can't seem to read.

Just because three have been announced doesn't mean there won't be more.

EDIT: Oh, and Sazuaa, your opinions are wrong.
Reply
#18
Care to elaborate?
Reply
#19
Nope.
Reply
#20
xD

God you're such a fag.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)