Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I missed this memo...
#1
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168511

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]

"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
Reply
#2
Another remake.

Whoo.
Reply
#3
This won't be the last remake, either.

Get used to it, I suppose.
[Image: bujin.png]
Quote:SpotConspiracy (11:26:20 AM): I pretty much do any saga.
SpotConspiracy (11:26:30 AM): "HELLO KITTY SAGA!? COUNT ME THE FUCK IN."
Reply
#4
Remakes are alright, don't get me wrong, but this is really more of a grooved-up port.

When I think remake, I think Final Fantasy VI on the PS3. THAT would get me jizzing.
Reply
#5
This isn't a remake, it's a port of a port. Really this is just ridiculous they are basically trying to rip people off of 40 dollars, I mean seriously, Chrono Trigger was awesome but they could at least touch it up if they wanted to charge us that much.

Hell, at least when they released the PSOne version, it was with Final Fantasy 4 and 5 and they actually added the cut scenes.
Reply
#6
Nice to see this is still in people's minds. Maybe a sequel is afoot?

I'd settle for a remake with current gen graphics, actually.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Reply
#7
Bojack Wrote:Nice to see this is still in people's minds. Maybe a sequel is afoot?

From what I've heard, not bloody likely. =(
[Image: OrionAug11.jpg]
Reply
#8
Didn't they already make a sequel for Chrono Trigger?
[Image: A17June08.jpg]
Reply
#9
Sorta. Chrono Cross, I think. I think it was a prequel-esque game, but I guess prequels are hard in the time travel genre?
[Image: OrionAug11.jpg]
Reply
#10
It is actually a sequel.
[Image: BurterJune08.jpg]

Want a cookie?
Reply
#11
Burter Wrote:It is actually a sequel.
This.

I'm pretty sure given how drastically it jumps off the path of being one though has left them wanting to make a "true" sequel, as they've mentioned it a number of times. The only thing Cross actually has in common is a SLIGHT "other world" theme, and a few forced in references to previous characters and the events, but the times when these are mentioned seem to really have no purpose for being there other than to attempt to spray superglue in and bind them.
[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]

"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
Reply
#12
Chrono Cross is actually a sequel to Radical Dreamers, which was created to tie up any loose ends from Chrono Trigger.
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply
#13
I like hearing about ports and remakes just to see which games stand the test of time. Obviously, nobody's going to remake horseshit, and there are very few remakes of games that I did not enjoy the first time around.

Now, if only someone would get crackin' on Tales of Destiny already.
Reply
#14
It's not the quality of a game that dictates a remake. It's money.
Reply
#15
Not really profitable unless it's a decent game.

You're both winners!
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Reply
#16
Bojack Wrote:Not really profitable unless it's a decent game.

You're both winners!

Not true! I'm sure all those Hannah Montana games made tons of bucks.
[Image: Zangcopy.jpg]

When you're dancing her dance, you don't stand a chance
Her grip of romance makes you fall!
So you think, might as well dance a tango to Hell
At least I'll have tango'd at all!
Reply
#17
Zangya Wrote:Not true! I'm sure all those Hannah Montana games made tons of bucks.

Those are just a merchandising ploy for a fad. None of those games will have any lasting power. Games like Chrono Trigger will be played over and over again throughout the course of several years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you
=_
Reply
#18
I was making a point. =P
[Image: Zangcopy.jpg]

When you're dancing her dance, you don't stand a chance
Her grip of romance makes you fall!
So you think, might as well dance a tango to Hell
At least I'll have tango'd at all!
Reply
#19
Not really.

We were talking about remakes.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Reply
#20
I understood you to say 'A game is not profitable unless it is decent.' This is highly untrue. Am I mistaken in my interpretation?
[Image: Zangcopy.jpg]

When you're dancing her dance, you don't stand a chance
Her grip of romance makes you fall!
So you think, might as well dance a tango to Hell
At least I'll have tango'd at all!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)