Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Allaince forums.
#1
I wouldn't worry about it. Rad and Rei are the only ones capable of doing it, and you can trust them to keep anything they see to themselves rather than posting on their own board with, "You wouldn't believe what (insert alliance) is planning!!"
#2
Well as of now the only alliance forums being checked are one's without staff members in them since it is up to the staff members in that alliance to keep their forum under control and that is what is in effect now.

Majin Buu I know what your talking about but it was all sorted out and no harm was done, there is nothing to worry about. Plus important alliance information can always be disscussed over aim *wink*
#3
I would also like to point out I understand the view point on privacy, I really do, but as a moderator I also know that it is just stupid to let the members have a board all their own with no supervision of any kind, we still are responsible for maintaining the rules, the alliance forums are just a little less strict so to say but still need to be monitored every now and again.

And no MB, pink dough is not my thing Wink....
#4
Damn, there go my chances of scoring with Uub...

On-topic, I'm pretty sure moderators remove their privileges after setting up an Alliance's forum. That's what we were told anyway Tongue They wouldn't use any IC information they found against you, otherwise the jig would be up for them.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
#5
No mod's can not make forums, I think Super Mods can I'm not sure, and no I can't nor can any other regular moderator look in an alliance forum not their own. But we still maintain our powers in our own forums so that we can keep everything under control. The only alliance forums that are looked at briefly are one's that have no staff members in them. Alliances with staff members are expected to keep their own forums under control. As for the other alliances with no staff members nothing will be used against you, it's just a quick search for spam not anything important. And only Rad and Rei can do it.

If your afraid of vital information being leaked, plan "important" things through pm or aim.
#6
Well, we shouldn't have to go to Aim or PM, but to allay your fears... Only admins can read the alliances. We aren't even able to by default. We have to go change the setting to give ourselves permission just to do a spam check, which I personally have yet to do. I've heard that Super Mods have been given the access, but I know nothing of it really. If there was a flag, I'd be putting it on every post b/c to me none of the posts are anyone's business.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
#7
Quote:Originally posted by Super Buu
I'm pretty sure moderators remove their privileges after setting up an Alliance's forum.

Correct.

EDIT:

And Super Mods CAN make forums, smart one =o
#8
BJ made my forum, and checked it one day. So yeah, Super Mods do have da power!
#9
Like I said, There will be checks by the upper staff like Rad and or Rei, or Burter to make sure there is no spam and the forums are being used properly. When they do it is up to them I've no say in it, really nor does any other moderator. Just make sure you all use your forums correctly.
#10
We checked forums once, and it was only Civil Unrest and Rising Fighters because they had no mods in them. The other forums, that have mods in the alliance, are assumed to be looked over
#11
Now everyone knows, all is well, Privacy for alliances with no staff members is a little far fetched if that's what everyone wants. We can't have members unwatched doing what they want in a forum nobody else can see. Remember that Rad, Rei, and Burter are staff for a reason, they are trusted to use the right judgement so nobody has to worry about anything.
#12
Uub, stop repeating yourself =P You've posted the same stuff like three times

Tongue
#13
Have I, maybe I have =O oh well. 8)
#14
Try to watch out for in the future. It's happened before =P
#15
And in the meantime we can all enjoy a nice glass of... uh... beer, or something, and move on to a thread that isn't done.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)