Posts: 25
Threads: 176
Joined: Aug 2004
I dont know if the staff will take up on my idea and pin this thread, but I think it would be nice. This thread is ment for postage of quest ideas.
Necrocons Last Flight
Planet: Vegeta-sei
TP Rewards: 5
Zeni Rewards: 600
Description:
Requirements: Power Level of 1,000,000
Difficulty: Moderate
The Necrocon is a legendary gun (air)ship and was the pride of the Saiyan Royal Fleet. Together with its tough captain, who was with the ship since the beggining, it has carried out over 150 succesful missions. A year ago it was captured by the Rebels, but even under their service the ships battle record was preety impressive. Now after long years of service, the legendary but aged ship has been deemed obsolete by the Rebel command and is ready, despite the protests of the captain, to be scrapped from service. The crew of the Necrocon seeks a gunner/support fighter. Will you be able to help the ship enough to survive its last flight as it embarks to send supplies to surrounded rebel warriors?
Sage Wrote:Holy shit. The knives and everything.
Posts: 154
Threads: 759
Joined: Nov 2005
We appreciate it, but we're in no dire need of quests
Posts: 25
Threads: 176
Joined: Aug 2004
I realize that, but if you will ever need more quests you dont need to make them up. All you have to do is check which quests were suggested by the members
Sage Wrote:Holy shit. The knives and everything.
Posts: 154
Threads: 759
Joined: Nov 2005
You arn't following me. We don't need quests by members. That's a large reason we have staff members.
We appreciate the thought.
Posts: 35
Threads: 203
Joined: Jun 2004
What?? Why do only staff members get to think of ideas for quests and stuff, sounds just a little pigheaded, mainly because that quest idea sounds better then a majority of the quests we actually have? I don't see why we aren't allowed to chip in ideas, unless its the ever-more apparent idea around this place that staff, well some staff, think they are gods of everything and better then the rest of us.
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
Or maybe because it's our jobs on here and some staff are starting to have a lack of stuff to do. Be careful of how you phrase stuff, Mino, and don't jump to conclusions. Some staff may use ideas of members, but we'd prefer to take it upon ourselves.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
Posts: 133
Threads: 1,465
Joined: Jul 2002
Yes, Mino, please don't lash out at the staff. If we need member made quests we'll ask for them.
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Posts: 35
Threads: 203
Joined: Jun 2004
Then you may aswell watch how you phrase yourself. Because recently it's coming off that some staff think they are better then anyone else. Which is annoying when someone gets a powertrip from an online writing forum.
Posts: 80
Threads: 680
Joined: Dec 2002
Simmer down now.
Staff are staff for a reason. If people wish to volunteer their ideas, that's fine. However, we're under no obligation to throw up every idea that someone gives to us. If you do not like the quests that we currently have availible, you most certainly do not have to do them.
Now, before you go badmouthing staff members any further, I would like to remind you that all of us give up our time and energy and recieve absolutely no compensation. So, if you are not happy with the way things go... well... I don't really know what to tell you. All of us work to make things as enjoyable as possible simply because we want to, There are no ulterior motives, and nothing to be gained. I'll overlook any insults for now, but please be more respectful of the people working for the benefit of everyone here.
"It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
Posts: 154
Threads: 759
Joined: Nov 2005
Quote:Originally posted by Minoshia
What?? Why do only staff members get to think of ideas for quests and stuff
...Because we're staff members. That's our job.
Posts: 60
Threads: 575
Joined: Nov 2004
So basically, my question is this. Why do we have a Suggestions thread if we are now being told not to make suggestions? I'm not trying to argue, but I do see Mino's point. If there is a need for a suggestions thread, then obviously our ideas have been asked for, it there is no need, delete the thread, it's that easy.
I like the quest Jackie post, and I would seriously think about doing it, if I were alive, being that I'm not, oh well.
Ok, through all of this rambling, am I to take it that our suggestions should stay to ourselves from now on, or is this just on the whole quests issue?
Posts: 133
Threads: 1,465
Joined: Jul 2002
What suggestion thread?
We accept suggestions, but we may not use all of them.
We liked Gotens suggestion of Breakball, and used it. We don't want member made quests, so we don't use them.
No one is saying you can';t suggest, just expect that you may be declined.
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Posts: 80
Threads: 680
Joined: Dec 2002
Everything that's suggested is taken into account.
Its entirely possible that, the next time someone is adding quests, they'll remember this thread and impliment Jackie's idea.
Reagrdless, no one ever said we don't want your suggestions. We said we don't need more people adding quests. We still have quests from The Apprentice that have yet to be added to the Quests page. That aside, its not a terribly difficult task to create quests. Please do not misconscrew what Burter said. Suggestions are always welcome.
"It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
Posts: 60
Threads: 575
Joined: Nov 2004
I meant the Suggestions forum...
"Questions/Suggestions/Updates".....
But i think I understand now. I was reading too deeply into it and I apologize. My mistake. I thought you guys/girls were saying that whatever we think is trash and we should just bite our lips, but now I see that you're saying, be better than us and maybe we'll let your idea soar...which seems fair to me! (no sarcasm what so ever)
Ok, enough OOC for me...I'm out of here...once again, sorry though.
Posts: 10
Threads: 585
Joined: Nov 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Android-18
We liked Gotens suggestion of Breakball, and used it.
...Right after hating Krillin's similar idea, and leaving it to rot. =D
Anyway, here's the deal. I actually like making up Quests. I could easily make up about twenty in twenty minutes, each along the lines of A Wash and a Scrub (for originality, anyway), no big deal. The only real reason we would use one of the Quests is if we loved the idea behind it.
Just drop me a PM with Quest ideas. I can't promise I'd use them, but there's no hurt in sending them. Just remember, we don't really update the Quest section too often, so even if we do decide to use them, it might take awhile for them to show up.
Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Posts: 133
Threads: 1,465
Joined: Jul 2002
For the record I didn't even know what breakball was until it became official, Krillin.
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Posts: 10
Threads: 585
Joined: Nov 2004
Meh, I'm just saying. Nothing against you personally, I'm just a bit peeved about the whole thing. Nobody's fault.
I kinda need to get over it anyway and just enjoy it.
Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
I've read it on the staff board, Krillin, and it's only alike in concept (RPing in OOC). The actual game itself is completely different, along with a different feel to how it would be deployed. Just thought I'd say that.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
Posts: 25
Threads: 176
Joined: Aug 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Raditzu
Suggestions are always welcome.
Then why annoy staff members by sending them suggestions through PMs if we can do it all in a single thread. Yes, NOT all quests will be deemed appropriate...but these are quest SUGGESTIONS, not quest demands. This would also benefit you since it would make your job a lot easier.
HF17, your saying that many staff has nothing to do? Well that I find suprising cause quite frankly I see a thing or two which could have been dealt with.
Sage Wrote:Holy shit. The knives and everything.
Posts: 154
Threads: 759
Joined: Nov 2005
What Rad means, is suggestions are welcome.
But not quest suggestions.
When we need it, we'll ask for it, but we've got plenty now and have lots of people on staff to do it ourselves.
|