Posts: 19
Threads: 414
Joined: Jul 2004
Which do you prefer playing? Hero or villain? It doesn't necessarily have to be a goody-two shoes or a maniacal super baddie. The lines can be gray. You could be the classic anti-hero that destroys just as much as they save, or a misguided head case that just happens to kill...a lot.
EDIT: For the ambiguous lot, there is a fence-sitting position.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=So wake me when it's through
I don't want to feel the things that you do
Don't worry, I'll be fine
I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_
Posts: 80
Threads: 680
Joined: Dec 2002
I'll assume, since this is the RPG discussion forum, that you're just asking about what we like to play on Chubbs.
I did the villian thing with Rad and, frankly, it wasn't very fun. Not for me anyway. There were a lot of "heroes" on the site at the time, though, so that might have been part of it. Basically I could interact with people by them trying to kill me or me trying to kill them. Not much middle ground.
While I wouldn't call Rad a "hero" in the tights and cape kind of way, he usually ends up doing "good" things, but only because its what he ends up wanting to do. If it came down to doing something evil to, for example, protect 18, he wouldn't think twice about it.
"It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
Posts: 154
Threads: 759
Joined: Nov 2005
With Burter, it was fun being an asshole. With BJ, I enjoy being the good guy.
Posts: 19
Threads: 414
Joined: Jul 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Raditzu
I'll assume, since this is the RPG discussion forum, that you're just asking about what we like to play on Chubbs.
Correct.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=So wake me when it's through
I don't want to feel the things that you do
Don't worry, I'll be fine
I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
A bit of both is always fun. However, I think you should have IC reasons for how your character acts, either way
Buu has never been a great guy, but he's trying (has been for a while, with sorta-success) to change for the better.
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 56
Threads: 218
Joined: Nov 2004
I still prefer that grey area in between. No one is ever completely righteous, or always tries to do the right thing, and no one is truly just evil the majority of the time. Most people serve interests they think is for the best, in their eyes, and are usually fairly moderate, although they may lean slightly one way over another. It makes a character seem more human this way, in my opinion.
Posts: 154
Threads: 759
Joined: Nov 2005
The closest thing to a villain we have is Minoshia, I think. Mino is just a sadistic asshole. But he, like anyone else, has a softer side
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
Mino has the excuse of being completely unhinged. Like, when he poisoned Goku Jr in DA, he was deluded and thought that GJ was the one who killed Tapion. His voices tell him to do stuff, and unfortunately, the evil voice is more commanding. So yeah, he can plead insanity in the courtroom.
We have quite a lot of anti-heroes, but none of them are ever 100% evil. I don't particularly believe in good and evil, just opposing sides. Like 20 was saying.
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 23
Threads: 148
Joined: Aug 2005
I play it back and forth. It's not so much because of PD having two personalities...Randomly, but I have a storyline set for explaining why.
So...Yeah. Hitting the fence. I find it more fun to be a good guy, but being evil sometimes is neat too.
Posts: 18
Threads: 366
Joined: Jan 2006
Vi used to be a coldblooded killer back in her Red Ribbon days. Now...she's just a bleeding heart looking for some love. In the meantime, however, she enjoys the occasional bloodbath, especially when she can literally bathe in it. ^_^ That evil streak is a bitch though. >>
Vad: Found my dicks btw
Vad: *DISCS
Kaz: XD!!!!XDXDXD!!
Kaz: oh man
Kaz: that was an awesome typo!
Vad: I MEANT ROUND CYLINDRICAL THINGS
Kaz: XD XD XD
Kaz: HAHAHHHAHHHAHA
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
Quote:Originally posted by Violet
Now...she's just a bleeding heart looking for some love.
Off-topic, but ... you realise that every single n00b on the site who sees this is now going to pester you on AIM with 'yo culd violent be my ic gf?? plx il make admin on my dbz rpg?' >_>
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 0
Threads: 182
Joined: May 2004
I love Minoshia's character. He is border-line insane. Evil in his heart and in his head make him do things and go evil but he is truely a good kid. But he would do anything if Tapion died and he found out who it was...
Edit:
And I was the good guy but I'm slowly going into power hungry and joining Mino in darkness.
Posts: 18
Threads: 366
Joined: Jan 2006
Quote:Originally posted by Super Buu
Quote:Originally posted by Violet
Now...she's just a bleeding heart looking for some love.
Off-topic, but ... you realise that every single n00b on the site who sees this is now going to pester you on AIM with 'yo culd violent be my ic gf?? plx il make admin on my dbz rpg?' >_>
And I shall tell them like I told Old Jeice/Nikki and Old bebi, and a few others. No. I already have my map of lover(s) or potetnials for Violet planned out, and the choice I made would further both her and the other's storylines, and add a little meat to it (no pun intended). In all actuality, Supes, if this is a thing against me for being asked to be staff of FoF or DBR, you're mistaken in your reasononing. I never accepted on the basis of becoming someone's IC girlfriend. I was asked to because they saw me as someone they could trust to keep a level head. =\
Back to topic, I have some plans coming up for Vi that will shift her from being mostly a good person, to pretty much all the way villan, and going back to RR to reprise her assassin role. Now that I gotsa ship, that'll make the glactic kill count that much bigger.
So yeah. Evil is definitely more fun than being a goodie, I think. =)
Vad: Found my dicks btw
Vad: *DISCS
Kaz: XD!!!!XDXDXD!!
Kaz: oh man
Kaz: that was an awesome typo!
Vad: I MEANT ROUND CYLINDRICAL THINGS
Kaz: XD XD XD
Kaz: HAHAHHHAHHHAHA
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
Quote:Originally posted by Violet
In all actuality, Supes, if this is a thing against me for being asked to be staff of FoF or DBR, you're mistaken in your reasononing.
It wasn't. o_0 It was a joke based on the internet in general.
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 25
Threads: 176
Joined: Aug 2004
Hero....I just can`t imagine Jackie being a bad guy. Somebody else perhaps, but not Jackie.
Sage Wrote:Holy shit. The knives and everything.
Posts: 62
Threads: 370
Joined: Oct 2001
Reijin is more of the anti-hero type. He was originally a complete villian, but I had to modify that b/c everyone on the site is all good guy and I couldn't interact with anyone. Like, at all. "Hi, how's it *BANG BANG BANG*" would be conversations. He's set though that I can have him do all of that still without some random reason, as he's a task oriented guy; he sets his mind to it and will any and everything necessary to accomplish it. The only reason he moved into anti-hero territory was b/c of the Videl encounter.
Posts: 35
Threads: 203
Joined: Jun 2004
While Minoshia is a sadistic nutjob, he, for some reason of the other, ends up doing a good thing amidst all the blood he sheds. For Instance, he ended up joining the resistance, after a stint where he killed like a dozen PC's.
Edit: but, he is very much more the evil character in the choices. and thank you to everyone who mentioned me, calling me the biggest villian we have.
Posts: 0
Threads: 94
Joined: Mar 2006
I enjoy playing a... well, not evil in the sense that most people think, but he's definitely not a good guy.
Quote:Originally posted by Burter Jr
Lack of change. He was always an asshole. Even when he had a hint of kindness, it was with bad intentions.
I don't expect him to become Mr. Nice Guy, but even his thoughts, always, were about being a jerk.
Posts: 80
Threads: 680
Joined: Dec 2002
Quote:Originally posted by Reijin
Reijin is more of the anti-hero type. He was originally a complete villian, but I had to modify that b/c everyone on the site is all good guy and I couldn't interact with anyone. Like, at all. "Hi, how's it *BANG BANG BANG*" would be conversations.
Ya, that's what I was talking about. It gets old.
I've actually been toying with the idea of trying to get Rad into the Dojo of Light. That would definitely bump him into the "good" category if I managed to pull it off. I actually mentioned it to Rei on AIM one time, fuynny reaction:
Rad: Can you see Rad joining the Dojo of Light?
Rei: No.
Rei: Well...
Rei: yeah
That's how I reacted to the thought myself. I just can't decide if I want to go through with it or not.
"It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
When I joined, I was going to try to make him a bad guy, but he naturally turnewd into a good guy. He's not the type of person that saves the day, but the kind that gets the kitten outta the tree. For now. =o
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
|