Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My first writings
#1
I'm no good at C&C but I am used to writing a character who despises other people and races. Now that you laid the groundwork of your Namekian hate don't bring too much attention to it or it will override your character's other attributes. Characterize his 'racism' through the little things, like a snarl as one walks passed. An off hand comment to a nonnamekian about how you can hardly stand to stay on Namek because of the stink. Purposely sitting down far away from he inhabitants without ever mentioning why.

Your readers are smart, there is no need to write the equivalent to saying "hay he's sitting over there because he hates namekians" or "Man he hates them dar Nameks look at him pick on that guy." If you have Ginyu argue with a green guy about something completely trivial and nonracial your readers will pick up on the fact that its because he hates the mans people not that he did anything wrong.

Now when you go into a big saga or start a new big storyline it might not hurt to be a bit more obvious at first, only because there will be people who never looked at you sideways reading your work and you don't want them clueless.

I'm saying this because there have been alot of people who have come and gone who wrote about a racist rather character that has racism and I don't want you falling into that trap. There are plenty more area to explore, but have that concept in the background and it'll work wonderfully.

I hope thats comprehensible, I tend to babble.
[Image: v4339d.png]
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)