Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
11-08-2008, 09:51 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2008, 10:06 PM by Super Buu.)
We have a scale, and on one end is 'amazing graphics at 1FPS' and on the other is 'shitty graphics and no performance issues whatsoever'. Most people will find a happy medium, but I'm curious about where that happy medium is for most people. Obviously this is theoretical since sometimes you can have shitty graphics and performance or its opposite.
I will always have PC games at the lowest graphical setting where there are no performance issues whatsoever, or just the lowest graphical setting if that's not possible. The exception to this is draw distance in large, open games and other issues which noticeably affect how visible some things are.
I kind of assumed that was the norm for a long time (like I do with a lot of things I assume are the norm) but over the years I've been exposed to more people who are closer to the other end of the scale than me. So now I wanna know to what extent I am/was wrong.
Btw, I'm not looking to debate about what setup people 'should' use. But if you want to elaborate on your reasons, feel free.
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 5
Threads: 61
Joined: Oct 2008
My average fps in FEAR is 17.
Posts: 1
Threads: 234
Joined: Feb 2004
I just play at whatever setting means I dont have to play a slideshow.
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Posts: 80
Threads: 680
Joined: Dec 2002
I'm almost always willing to sacrifice a bit of performance for graphics. Light chunking is tolerable.
I don't really know why or when I developed this preference, but I just don't like graphics looking muddy or low-res. It bugs me. Moreso than a laggy mouse does, at least.
"It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
Posts: 115
Threads: 680
Joined: May 2003
I'm not slanted either way. If it won't run well with medium settings, I'll drag it down till it works. However, I will push the settings up if I can get better graphics while still getting same playrate.
Posts: 23
Threads: 372
Joined: Jun 2004
36 FPS all High Age of Conan. With slight twitching. Works for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Posts: 62
Threads: 370
Joined: Oct 2001
Baldwin Glendale Wrote:36 FPS all High Age of Conan. With slight twitching. Works for me.
I think the shocker here is not that you manage to attain that amount of FPS on that game, but the fact that someone is still playing AoC period.
Posts: 23
Threads: 372
Joined: Jun 2004
Reijin Wrote:I think the shocker here is not that you manage to attain that amount of FPS on that game, but the fact that someone is still playing AoC period.
I'm not. Quit in August. School started in September. 54 Assassin going through Old Tantaria. Yeah. ZzzzzZzzz
My entire guild left so I did. We still talk though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Posts: 0
Threads: 55
Joined: Oct 2006
I use to be the type of low graphics, max performance, but that was for WoW.
Than I went to AoC and EQ2 and decided to shell out the cash for better PC parts.
Now I'm all graphics, and take the slight lag for performance.
Posts: 0
Threads: 119
Joined: Jun 2007
I lean towards performance usually. Although, I always start at the highest settings and work my way down until I find the settings where the game runs smoothly in action.
Though to be honest, I usually just buy new hardware when I can't run a game at near max settings. Always seems like a good excuse.
![[Image: 22173.png]](http://internetometer.com/image/22173.png)
Give waffuru an internets today!
![[Image: 1324033725.png]](http://speedtest.net/result/1324033725.png)
Posts: 9
Threads: 945
Joined: Jan 2004
I hardly notice graphics unless it's really bad, or really good. If it's inbetween, I don't even mention it