Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
HD
#41
Amazing how I felt the need to look at this thread after just three months.

That monitor is all white and dead, so looking into buying a new monitor at the moment to replace it (and may as well get an HD one) in case I end up ordering a Blu-Ray drive at some point (which funny enough, the god damn dvd burner I was using just died as well). Did a bit of research, but slightly annoyed at the lack of selection up at the moment.

So far, I think what I'm looking at is one of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6824994007

Attached to one of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6824001278

But not sure if I'm entirely happy with all the specs on that one, so might instead go for: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6824236047 which is slightly bigger than the recommendation on the stand, but within the weight limit (which most people say is the only really important part). Some people mentioned buying a stand like mine in there for this monitor, but I'm not exactly seeing where the OEM stand is removable from that monitor (similar problem with my current LCD). I'm considering it though, despite the price. Someone did mention that the manual helps out all the people complaining about VESA issues with showing them how to remove the back panel to do so.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
#42
Well, they are both TN panel monitors which are usually favored as "gaming" monitors due to very low response time. Samsung (along with LG) manufactures some of the best panels for monitors, so they are almost always a solid bet.

I think they'd both be good, they both have a 1000:1 contrast ratio and a low response time. After that it's price, screen size and native resolution. The ASUS monitor has a larger screen size and reso if that's what you're after. It would probably be what I would pick if the price wasn't a huge concern.

I have a lower-end Ergotron LCD arm and it worked out pretty well though my monitor was a larger size but still did not exceed the weight limit and I had issues with getting the monitor to stay where I put it. Hopefully that one wouldn't have the same problems since it is nicer model than the one I had.
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply
#43
Alright, yeah, I'm thinking the ASUS monitor, it just comes down to talking to my wife about it. She uh... Told me "Absolutely not under any circumstances are you ordering that monitor. *Pause* I don't see you coming over here and dropping to your knees to beg and grovel for it yet, so I guess its not important to you. *Pause* Yep, must obviously not be worth begging for or anything."

My response: "I'm sorry, were you talking (she was in the kitchen making dinner at the time)? I was busy loading that monitor into my cart and hitting purchase."

I got hit in the back of the head with a chopstick right after that.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)