Posts: 62
Threads: 370
Joined: Oct 2001
Saz Wrote:Oh oh oh, I just remembered another one. Anchorman. I CAN NOT recommend this film highly enough, it's pretty much my favourite comedy film. Go watch it if you haven't already srsly.
Office Space, Fifth Element, and Robin Hood: Men in Tights.
Posts: 23
Threads: 372
Joined: Jun 2004
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
I haven't watched all of Anchorman.
Posts: 18
Threads: 366
Joined: Jan 2006
Apocolypto and Braveheart. Nevermind that Mel Gibson turned into a total douche, but he does make some kick ass movies.
Vad: Found my dicks btw
Vad: *DISCS
Kaz: XD!!!!XDXDXD!!
Kaz: oh man
Kaz: that was an awesome typo!
Vad: I MEANT ROUND CYLINDRICAL THINGS
Kaz: XD XD XD
Kaz: HAHAHHHAHHHAHA
Posts: 16
Threads: 135
Joined: Jul 2006
So I just watched WALL-E and I have to say, it's gotta be up there as one of the best movies I've ever seen. It was brilliant. I had put off watching it for a while, just because of the look of it and the basic premise of this waste disposal robot on Earth alone, it didn't really sound that interesting, so I'm really glad I decided to watch it as I could have oh so easily have just ignored it and ended up missing out on a great, great film.
Posts: 0
Threads: 97
Joined: Jul 2006
Ashe Wrote:Robin Hood: Men in Tights.
That and The Princess Bride.
Posts: 62
Threads: 370
Joined: Oct 2001
Angelo Wrote:That and The Princess Bride.
I had actually fully intended to include that. My fault.
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
Kazuya Wrote:Apocolypto and Braveheart. Nevermind that Mel Gibson turned into a total douche, but he does make some kick ass movies.
I'm kicking myself in the groin for not mentioning Apoclolypto. Also Curse Of The Golden Flower is awesome(subtitles, I hear there's a dubbed version which likely sucks). Now I want to watch it again, been a few months since I have seen it.
Posts: 62
Threads: 370
Joined: Oct 2001
I also recommend the various movies that have come out over the last ten years or so involving Jet Li and others. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - although I've yet to manage to see it myself. House of Flying Daggers is always amazing, and quite sad at the end. Even sadder and yet so visually impressive at the same time (and thought provoking) is Hero with Jet Li. I'll fully admit to never being able to contain tears during the penultimate fight between the two lovers out of the group of assassins and the outcome from it. Its an extremely moving scene if you have ever in any way created an emotional bond with something and then imagined how you'd feel if you were somehow responsible for the loss of it. Or if you're human.
Posts: 32
Threads: 303
Joined: May 2006
09-25-2009, 06:09 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2009, 06:12 PM by Celena.)
And Justice for All. Al Pacino does a phenominal lawyer scene at the end.
JFK. That film is amazing from start to finish.
Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Posts: 0
Threads: 112
Joined: Sep 2006
I'm not a Jet Li fan. The Kingdom blew regardless of how you feel about Jackie Chan or Jet Li.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
For martial arts films, Ong-Bak and Warrior King/The Protector (depending on where you live) are both fantastic. Tony Jaa got me interested big-time in muay thai.
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 0
Threads: 112
Joined: Sep 2006
Rose Wrote:For martial arts films, Ong-Bak and Warrior King/The Protector (depending on where you live) are both fantastic. Tony Jaa got me interested big-time in muay thai.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Posts: 101
Threads: 407
Joined: Nov 2001
Tony Jaa is the preeminent bad ass.
Posts: 1
Threads: 101
Joined: Apr 2007
09-26-2009, 07:31 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2009, 07:32 PM by Pinky.)
As for the Chan/Li movie, after all the years of waiting (since 2001?) it was a huge letdown. I generally hate it when either of them do Hollywood movies, and bringing in that kid from Transformers as a tag-along simply because he is (was?) the flavor of the month was painful and will only prevent the movie from becoming a time honored classic, despite that the story is fundamentally just that. I almost cried out of rage. It's one of the few times when epic fail is the only proper description.
Posts: 16
Threads: 135
Joined: Jul 2006
Gonna give La Vie En Rose a try, watch about 20 minutes and if I can't get into it or it's just not interesting I won't bother. Also Tropic Thunder starts airing on Sky this week, looking forward to finally watching that.
Posts: 32
Threads: 303
Joined: May 2006
09-26-2009, 08:16 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2009, 08:16 PM by Celena.)
Bil Baer Jaxx Wrote:![[Image: 1250375589569.gif]](http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/supahypahmegad00d/1250375589569.gif)
Don't you just hate it that the small fish are so stupid in action films? He could have easily avoided getting his head kicked in. It's called swinging your bloody sword.
Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Posts: 16
Threads: 135
Joined: Jul 2006
Heh. Made me think of the big fight scene in Kill Bill between the bride and the crazy 88. There'd be like, 20 fighters surrounding her just standing in one spot, everytime she'd kill one another would jump in, I just thought, fucking hell just all go at her at once. Fuck that Bushido bullshit.
Posts: 0
Threads: 112
Joined: Sep 2006
09-26-2009, 10:16 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2009, 10:18 PM by Jack.)
Zena Wrote:Don't you just hate it that the small fish are so stupid in action films? He could have easily avoided getting his head kicked in. It's called swinging your bloody sword.
He recovers just in time to see a barechested asian man backflipping off an elephant's trunk. He was obviously amazed/shocked to the point of temporary paralysis.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
Not to mention he leaned his head down as if he saw the guy drop a quarter in mid-air.