10-11-2009, 02:34 AM
If anyone is ever in the mood for a decent suspence filled horror film, I recommend The Strangers. Just finished watching it.
|
The Recommend A Movie Thread
|
|
10-11-2009, 02:34 AM
If anyone is ever in the mood for a decent suspence filled horror film, I recommend The Strangers. Just finished watching it.
10-11-2009, 03:01 AM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/14906/black-ho...f-infinity
Voiced by Liam Neeson with a very well done representation of relativity.
10-11-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm gonna have to reccomend the movie Ghost World. I'll say nothing else, except it's about this pair of teenage girls who pretty much hate everything. But I promise it has a good story! Oh, and it's based on a graphic novel.
With great quotes like: Enid: Josh. Rebecca: Josh. Enid, Rebecca: Josh! Enid: God, I'll bet he's in there jerking off. Rebecca: I'll bet he never jerks off. Enid: Yeah, he's beyond human, and stuff like that. Rebecca: Should we leave him a note? Enid: Sure. You got a pen? [Rebecca pulls out a pen, Enid takes it] Enid: [writing] Dear Josh, we came by to fuck you, but you were not home. Therefore... you are gay. Signed Tiffany, and Amber. and: [observing Seymour's order from across the diner] Enid: Oh my God. He just ordered a giant glass of milk. Josh: ...That's a vanilla milkshake. So yeah, go watch it and stuff! ![]()
10-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Milk Bubble Wrote:I'm gonna have to reccomend the movie Ghost World. I'll say nothing else, except it's about this pair of teenage girls who pretty much hate everything. But I promise it has a good story! Oh, and it's based on a graphic novel. Story of my life D;
10-11-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't think quoting the movie counts as saying nothing else.
Just... mentioning. ![]() "It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
10-11-2009, 02:26 PM
If Thora Birch and Scarlett Johansson weren't so gotdang hot I would have fallen asleep during that movie.
Unf Scarlett Johansson. Unf Ewan McGregor.
Thus: Unf The Island. ![]() When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Booo. BOOOOOO. I have a raging hardon for Jonhansson and a mancrush on McGregor but the Island was a silly remake. Better to just watch the original THX.
I never said it was a good movie.
edit: Which is not to say I didn't enjoy it. ![]() When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
10-11-2009, 06:11 PM
casshern, if anybody still hasn't watched that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emYqURahU...=rec-HM-r2
10-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Rod Hardwood Wrote:casshern, if anybody still hasn't watched that Oh sure, you watch Casshern but you don't watch The Skull Man even though its essentially the story of the guy who fights Casshern.
10-11-2009, 07:04 PM
the plot of skull man wandered around and bored me to sleep. tell them to put in more explosions into the next remake and i'll give it another shot.
10-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Rod Hardwood Wrote:the plot of skull man wandered around and bored me to sleep. tell them to put in more explosions into the next remake and i'll give it another shot. Nah don't worry about it. Skull man is from Cyborg 009 not Casshern, same kind of genre different stories. You should check out Casshern Sins though.
10-11-2009, 10:22 PM
"Loneliness has followed me my whole life, everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man."
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
10-11-2009, 10:45 PM
^Taxi Driver quote
thought i put that in there Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
10-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Black Hawk Down was possibly the best action movie I have ever seen. Really on par with pure action movies like Predator and First Blood. No love interests or real character depth, just a 2 hour long firefight. The body count was like over 1000, it was insane.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
10-12-2009, 08:38 PM
The Dreamers. Such a good movie. Really sexually charged, in a weird incesty way. Stars Michael Pitt (who starred in murder by numbers with Sandra Bullock, another good film), and Eva Green, who's naked for about half the movie. And if that's not a good enough reason to check it out, then I give up on you people.
I wonder if anybody takes on board these recommendations and actually checks out some of the movies people have suggested... For my part I've been tempted to look up a couple of the films people have mentioned that sounded interesting. Also I think I watched Taxi Driver on the back of somebody's recommendation in this thread, can't remember whose.
10-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Cerion Wrote:Independance Day. Yeah. Superb movie. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
![]() ![]() Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|