07-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Kaden Wrote:Because it uses code that persistently tracks posts.
What this Rank thing does isn't that. It wants to survey XP gain over a period of time that has already happened. They're 100% different. I completely understand that they sound like they should be similar processes, but I've been assured that they are not and I 100% believe it.
If we did just use the bar that's already there, people's Rank would be changing on a weekly basis, and that's totally not what we're going for.
I just saw this, and as you were THE largest contender to when I suggested similar regarding the bar, and seem very supportive, I'm honestly confused at what I'm not seeing about this proposal that makes this large of a difference. I'll re-read through Belle's post in greater detail when I can, but I'm not quite understanding the difference at this time.

