Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Saving Grace
#7
The problem isn't really one that can be 'addressed.' Most of us agree that we like roleplaying - or would like to see more - but it doesn't seem to be #1, #2, or even #3 on most peoples' lists.

Part of it is just that I'm older now. I was just starting college when I joined back in '05, still a teenager and with more creative energy than I knew what to do with. Since then I've gone through college, graduated, gotten some jobs and fallen into a lot of other projects. I just don't have as much time as I once did, and the same probably goes for a lot of people. Roleplaying and writing used to get me excited; now it just feels like obligatory work that I have to get out of the way to satisfy some inner need I have to think of myself as some kind of writer, rather than something I really desire.

I've come to the realization that I'm not very good, and being a prideful person, it's hard for me to put something out there that I know is going to be inferior: especially when I have no real idea on how to improve. When given the choice between investing hours in that or playing from a slew of distracting games, it's not really a surprise to me that I've chosen the latter.
[Image: Bellesig6-1.jpg]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Saving Grace - by Dehan - 05-19-2012, 12:31 AM
Saving Grace - by Jonathan Meer - 05-19-2012, 02:02 AM
Saving Grace - by Waffuru - 05-19-2012, 06:45 AM
Saving Grace - by Ashe - 05-20-2012, 06:46 AM
Saving Grace - by Undrask - 05-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Saving Grace - by Kayne - 05-21-2012, 04:38 AM
Saving Grace - by Belle Hibiki - 05-21-2012, 05:38 AM
Saving Grace - by Alexander Trafford - 05-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Saving Grace - by Kayne - 05-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Saving Grace - by Rose - 05-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Saving Grace - by Undrask - 05-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Saving Grace - by Alexander Trafford - 05-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Saving Grace - by Android 17 - 05-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Saving Grace - by Vad - 05-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Saving Grace - by Pinky - 05-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Saving Grace - by Jonathan Meer - 05-22-2012, 03:53 AM
Saving Grace - by Undrask - 05-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Saving Grace - by Mal Nova - 05-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Saving Grace - by Vad - 05-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Saving Grace - by Dehan - 05-27-2012, 03:37 AM
Saving Grace - by Tyr - 05-28-2012, 02:33 AM
Saving Grace - by Maruset - 05-29-2012, 03:10 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)