05-21-2012, 06:25 AM
That last paragraph is a tad ridiculous Belle. You've been one the best writers on this site for years, so I don't understand where that's coming from. If that's one of the reasons you're not writing anymore, then that's plain silly. I hope that's not actually how you feel.
The problem is exactly the same as it has been, which Belle has already mentioned - we got older. We're not 15-16 years old anymore. At the height of our activity we were a bunch of teens with too much energy and too much free time and wild imaginations that were being channeled by video games and anime and Chubbs. Now we have jobs, and relationships, and responsibilities, etc. We don't have that energy, or the time, anymore. When I get a free two hours, do I want to write? Or would i rather watch a sports game, have a beer, and put my feet up. I'm picking the latter every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
One of the things that I think could spur some minor writing activity (maybe 5-12 active members, posting once, maybe twice a week each) would be a game set in a world that we're still interested in, like Game of Thrones or something. I've said a few times we should create a mini-rpg, with a singular, large, quasi open-ended plot (like the War of the Five Kings, with the possibility of Targaryen or White-Walker invasion, etc. (I'm not saying copy this, but just an idea)) in an appealing world. This would give the world focus, but we'd keep it open enough to do your own thing in the context of that larger plot line. I could be a farmer in the north trying to collect my harvest and stave off the wolves before winter, while finding a knight to squire my eldest boy to. Maybe I could be the Lord of a small, nearly irrelevant house that serves as a Bannerman to a higher lord who's preparing for war. Maybe I could play a vicious assassin from Braavos or something, who's trying to avoid detection and escape to north of the wall.
Whatever, create a mini-rpg with a world we're actually interested (not dbz), with an overarching story and enough freedom to maneuver.
The problem is exactly the same as it has been, which Belle has already mentioned - we got older. We're not 15-16 years old anymore. At the height of our activity we were a bunch of teens with too much energy and too much free time and wild imaginations that were being channeled by video games and anime and Chubbs. Now we have jobs, and relationships, and responsibilities, etc. We don't have that energy, or the time, anymore. When I get a free two hours, do I want to write? Or would i rather watch a sports game, have a beer, and put my feet up. I'm picking the latter every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
One of the things that I think could spur some minor writing activity (maybe 5-12 active members, posting once, maybe twice a week each) would be a game set in a world that we're still interested in, like Game of Thrones or something. I've said a few times we should create a mini-rpg, with a singular, large, quasi open-ended plot (like the War of the Five Kings, with the possibility of Targaryen or White-Walker invasion, etc. (I'm not saying copy this, but just an idea)) in an appealing world. This would give the world focus, but we'd keep it open enough to do your own thing in the context of that larger plot line. I could be a farmer in the north trying to collect my harvest and stave off the wolves before winter, while finding a knight to squire my eldest boy to. Maybe I could be the Lord of a small, nearly irrelevant house that serves as a Bannerman to a higher lord who's preparing for war. Maybe I could play a vicious assassin from Braavos or something, who's trying to avoid detection and escape to north of the wall.
Whatever, create a mini-rpg with a world we're actually interested (not dbz), with an overarching story and enough freedom to maneuver.
![[Image: alext.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/waffuru/alext.jpg)

