Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Here We Be
#1
A little spiritual poem I wrote while imprisoned in a Hyatt hotel. Personally, I think this is some of my best work as a poet ever. I'm considering entering it in a Christian competition through my church that, if I make it to regionals (which I did for piano last year), I could get a $1000 scholarship. Therefore, I want your harshest, most brutal critiques of every jot and tittle. Don't hold anything back.

-------------------------------

Here We Be

Here we be, trapped in a setting Atlantis,
Of metal, wood, fire, and sand.
No stone left untrod.
God?

Here we be, shaken in a sinful, weighted tumbler.
Struck by Hate?s embittered hand.
Broken at his nod.
God?

Here we be, ravaged by our own bright blindness,
Cursed by our deafening band.
By self-made sod.
God?

Here we be, freed from life?s fatal roulette,
Saved by his Compassion-Hand,
Mended at his nod.
God.
[Image: av50fd.png]

Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Here We Be - by Jonathan Meer - 08-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Here We Be - by Hellfighter 17 - 08-15-2005, 05:18 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)