09-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Quote:PANBUUKIN
What qualities do you think a saga should have?
A saga, first and foremost, should be fun and enjoyable. If it's not fun, what's the point? People's definition of "fun" varies, so you need to strike some sort of balance to please the majority of participants. For example, some people prefer story-driven sagas, while others like competition-type sagas. While you're not going to please everybody, fun should be most important.
Another thing a saga should have is elements that make it unique. While certain general premises are used (e.g., war), there has to be something that makes it different from the rest, because nobody likes repetition.
It has to be inclusive. Everybody wants to play a part, so there needs to be a role for everyone.
Quote:BROLI
How should a staff member act towards fellow staffers on public forums?
I don't believe that just because you're staff means you have to treat them much different in public. If you're friends, you can still be buds. If you don't get along, just leave each other alone. If there's a staff-specific issue you disagree upon, it's like not bringing OOC issues to IC.
Quote:CARGO
A. Do you think you give as much effort as I did in the competition? If so, elaborate. If not, say why you should still be in Chubbs Idol.
B. If a new person is getting on your nerves by pestering you with questions and you have already told them the proper procedure and they still won?t leave you alone, what would you do?
A. I believe I did give as much effort as you. I produced products in the pre-lims that required time and thought, and I participated in the team tasks. I took to my duties as best I could in the finals, getting to whoever needed help who hadn't been helped previously.
B. You have to take this in steps. If they are persistenly asking questions and I have already explained procedure, then I would firmly assert myself: I am the authority, these are the procedures that are followed by everyone, and that is final. I would have made sure that other staff have reiterated this, and that our word is not going to change. If they still persisted after this point, a verbal warning would be in order. If they still persisted, they would get an official warning. For additional warnings, the severity of punishment would increase and fit the problem. On the very verge of a permanent ban, they would be on a probation that if violated, would result in an indefinite removal from the RPG. Throughout these steps, there would be discussion time away from the board in an attempt to get to the root of the problem and hopefully solve it without having to use warnings or bans.
Quote:NAPPA
A. Can you honestly say that you will grade/answer/help/discipline?etcetera fairly between new members, old members, popular members, unpopular members?
B. Do you plan on being as active moderating as you possibly can be, not just sitting around and doing something mod wise?like once every two weeks?
A. As for grading, answering, and helping, I would go about this based on time, working my way to the end by starting at the earliest post date. I have used this procedure when giving C&C in RPG Discussion. As for discipline, I don't see the tags you gave (new, old, popular, unpopular). I also cannot say I would discipline everyone the same. This is not to say I would be more lenient or harder on certain people, but you cannot discipline people the same. What may work for one person (warnings) may not be effective for someone who didn't care that they got warned. I'll use Kirano as an example. Kirano didn't care about being warned, so a good punishment was banning him from the asylum. It fit him better specifically, since he was a spam-freak who just kept persisting.
B. I spend as much of my remaining free time here as I can. I know activity is a big issue people would have with me becoming staff, and I have worked on that, even if it doesn't show. All I can say is that I would try my best to be active, which is all I can give.
Quote:BROLI
A. Do you think it?s appropriate to criticize a fellow staff member publicly if a ruling exists that you completely disagree with?
B. Also, how much time should you dedicate to doing your job? What does the 72-hour rule set mean to you?
A. No, I don't. Criticism will usually lead up to an argument or passive-aggressive shots at each other, so it is best to settle it in PM, IM, or the staff boards. The public boards aren't really the kind of place for that. I believe it undermines both your authorities by creating a discrepancy. It's like listening to your parents argue about what's best for you (or them). Staff are human just like the rest of us, but they are also supposed to be model members of Chubbs, the example set to everyone else.
B. You should dedicate as much time to your job as needed to get it done, or as much time as you can possibly afford. That isn't to say you can't or shouldn't donate more, but whatever will suffice for a job well done. The 72-hour rule is, to me, in place so impatient people can't just bump-bump-bump like crazy. Some people in the join forum do it on an hourly basis, which is absolutely ridiculous. Staff understand that people require updating/answering/help/etcetera, but there is only so much they can do in a day, or even two days. Supes said it's like flood control, and I have to agree with him.
Quote:PIGERO
Idols, how do you feel about the situation between Alex?s and Chubbs. What do you think we can do to stop the rivalry?
I have no problem answering this question. First of all, I don't think this is a rivalry by any means. The whole thing started very unintentionally, but once it began to escalate and people took it to a personal level, things got way out of hand. I'll just leave it at that.
The best thing we can do is take things very slowly, and try to put what has happened behind us. I believe every day that goes by when there isn't any negative tension between the two places, it's taking a step for the better. That means no insulting, flaming, spamming, or anything. Basically, the best thing we can do is try to forget this whole thing ever happened and reduce as much contact as possible so as not to stir up any bad feelings. A few people seem bent on perpetuating the problem, and they must be dealt with accordingly. One of them already has been.
I for one believe we have all made excellent progress on this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you=_
Pass you by, good-bye to you=_

