09-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Quote:Originally posted by Cargo
I'm not trying to be cocky with this question but:
Do you think you give as much effort as I did in the competition? If so, elaborate. If not, say why you should still be the Chubbs Idol.
and also:
If a new person is getting on your nerves by pestering you with questions and you have already told them the proper procedure and they still won't leave you alone, what would you do?
1) It would depend on the round. Early on, yes, I think so. Possibly a little bit more, if it's okay for me to say that. At the beginning, I had more time on my hands to commit to Chubbs Idol, so I could put in far more effort. In the team-based round, I would say that you and I probably put in an equal amount of effort, as we each fulfilled our duties in our different positions. In the final round, however, you had me beat, almost completely. You got to questions, joining pages, and moderation quicker than I was capable of. I also didn't have nearly as much time as I did at the start, and I still don't now, so when I was able to do something, it wasn't enough to compare to how much you were doing. I don't know what quests you designed, so I can't compare mine to yours, in that aspect.
Why should I still be Chubbs Idol? Because you people love me. =P
Honestly, because when I have the time to, I can put a lot of effort into something, and I do my absolute best to make something as good as I can possibly make it, when I am able. I also know how this place works, pretty much. I haven't been around as long as several of the staffers have, but I'm heading towards my second year here, so I hope that I've graduated from n00bdom by now. That's of course, still up for interpretation, but I tell myself that to go to sleep at night. =P
I'm also very good at sorting out disagreements. As a matter of fact, I actually ENJOY it. Mediation is something I love to do, and finding compromises is something I've just found to be naturally good at. But I don't want to keep rambling about why I should be Chubbs Idol. It makes me feel like a stuck-up prick for trying to explain why I'm "good" at something.
2) Remind them again, and offer to help them. Unless they're intentionally pestering me on purpose, I really wouldn't mind. I'll do my best to lead them in the right direction as far as I can. If I've done all that I'm capable of to help them and they still don't get it, I'll probably ask another staff member to help them out as well, if they could.
Sorry for not putting all this together, but I'm taking each question as I go, more or less.

