09-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Quote:Originally posted by Nappa
Can you honestly say that you will grade/answer/help/discipline... etc fairly between new members, old members, popular members, unpopular members?
Do you plan on being as active moderating as you possibly can be, not just sitting around and doing something mod wise... like once every two weeks?
1) I do my best to be fair to everyone. I may inwardly think some people are just annoying as hell, but I still treat them fairly, as I would anyone else. However, I must confess that I probably am weak in dealing with people who I am friends with. I don't like saying "no" to people, as Zarbon would probably tell me. I can do it, but I dislike it. However, in the event that an important decision was being made, and not something simply regarding how they want to write something in a saga, I'd be unbiased. When something is very important to get right, I'm going to make sure that I'm as unbiased as I can possibly be.
2) I'd like to say yes. I would hope to be able to answer that with a yes. Can I guarantee that? No. Why? Because I simply value real life over Chubbs. If that makes me lose this competition, then so be it. Real Life > Chubbs is the golden rule here, I believe. I would do my best to perform my duties, but when life calls, I'm going to have to answer. And right now, life is exceeding its monthly usage limit.
Quote:Originally posted by Kakarot
What's wrong with this picture?
http://cdbzrpg.dracondev.com/forum/threa...21612&sid=
I can't really say. I was under the impression that OOC accounts would be banned for 24 hours in the event that they got a warning. I'll admit, the whole situation does seem a bit odd, with the banning and all, but it seems to follow the rules concerning OOC accounts as far as I can tell. They're more experienced members of staff than me, so unless there's been a rule change that I'm unaware of, I'm going to assume that they know what they're doing. Posting a warning wasn't necessary, but I don't see any harm coming from that.
Quote:Originally posted by Broli
Do you think it's approppriate to criticise a fellow staff member publicly if a ruling exists that you completely disagree with?
Also, how much time should you dedicate to doing your job?
Depends on what type of criticism we're talking about here. Outright saying something along the lines of "that's dumb, you're dumb, I'm right," is not good. Noting that you disagree and want to argue the ruling is, so long as it's respectful. If there's something I vehemently think needs to be changed, I'll make it known. In the event that it's something small or just slightly incorrect, I probably won't say anything other than "Well, I don't agree with you, but it's your call."
How much time? Do you mean as doing my job as a staff member vs time as a regular member (to put it simply, following regular IC needs)? Or do you mean out of real life? On the first, I'd put staff before my character in most cases, as long as it hasn't gotten to the point that me not roleplaying my character is holding other members up. But, if you mean real life, I just can't answer that. I get on when I am able, and "when I am able" fluctuates day to day. Sometimes I have 2-3 hours I can be on during a day. Sometimes I have 15-30 minutes. And sometimes I can't even get on at all.
Quote:Originally posted by Broli
To expand on my second question concerning time spent working as a moderator:
What does the 72 hour rule set mean to you?
To me, it means that I have to get to an update or whatever it is within 72 hours. I'll put other people who have waited longer into the 72 hour period longer. I won't put stuff off because I have 72 hours. If real life or other Chubbs responsibilities get in the way, it may have to be put on the back burner, and it may take me the full 72 hours to get to it. Hopefully not any longer, but I can't predict the future.
Quote:Originally posted by Pigero
Idols, how do you feel about the situation between Alexs and Chubbs. What do you think we can do to stop the rivalry?
OR (If that's not appropriate)
What do you think makes an active staffer/member?
Such as... what is being active to you?
The situation with Alex's RPG? In all honesty, there is nothing we can do past this. Alex (assuming that's the RPG owner's name), is more or less, idiotically stubborn. Pardon me for saying that, but it's true. Based off of Reijin's conversation with him, even I'd have a hard time continuing to stay calm with him. Reijin presented irrefutable evidence to him, and he still scoffed at it, and basically told him "well, I'm off to slander your RPG on mine, and build myself up to be the RPG owner looking out for the 'little guy' from big bad Chubbs." His RPG is no longer of any concern to me. We've done all we can on our side, and there's nothing left for us to do. I'd like to say that there was a way we could negotiate to end this unilateral "bad blood," but he doesn't want the rift to close. And so long as he doesn't want it to close, it's not going to. We'll do our share to stay civil and not say anything bad about them. But if we're indifferent to them, and they hate us (which I don't think many members do, save the owner), we can't do much else.
To answer your second question, being active is not going MIA. >.>
Nah, you need to be able to roleplay often enough not to go MIA of course, but you do kind of need to interact with other people on the site here. But that's just as a regular member.
As a staffer, you have to follow those two above, plus undertake your respsective responsibility based on your position on staff, and do it within that 72 hour time span, so long as you are able. Or, if it's not a 72 hour thing, simply get it done, or as close to done as you can, within a time limit that you've set.
Quote:Originally posted by Waffuru
What do you think is the most important part of the job?
What do you think the jobs of the other staff (Super Mods, Admins) should include?
1) Keeping the members happy. If they aren't happy, it doesn't matter if you've gotten all your work done in a timely manner, or done whatever. The members are the lifeblood of the RPG. Sometimes you have to make a few of them mad for the greater good. The members are the RPG, and we're here to help them have an enjoyable time writing and talking with one another. If that's not happening, there's something we're not doing right.
2) Super Mods: Putting personal input into decisions involving the RPG as a whole, continuing to update/moderate, oversee the moderators in their duties, help enforce what the Admins are putting into action, and contributing new ideas towards the RPG
Admins: Make all the important decisions. They can still do some moderating, if necessary, but that's mostly for the moderators and super moderators. They need to make sure the staff functions together well, and that everyone is communicating. Also, they need to be listening to what the members are saying, and making adjustments and additions based off of that. They also need to oversee the work that all the other members of staff are doing as well.
Quote:Originally posted by Gohan
What makes you guys think that you'll get the job?
I have no idea. No, really, I don't. I know that I've been around for a while, and I don't think I'm on anyone's "must kill!" list. I've also shown that I'm capable enough to be a staff members, albeit through my experience at FoF, I shouldn't try to ever take on an entire saga all by myself again. I don't know, I think I've itterated my qualities that would make me a good staffer before. But honestly, Bardock and Super Buu are both extremely good candidates for the position, and they were 2 of the 3 I honestly thought were going to win. Just as a side note, that 3rd person wasn't me. They've both shown over time that they most certainly have what it takes to become staff.
Quote:Originally posted by Violet
Lets say you were promoted to mod. Everything is going peachy, you're updating like mad, keeping the peace the best you can, everything is smooth sailing. Suddenly, something comes up that takes you away for about, say, a weekish. You don't give much warning. Do you think this will effect your position, and if you lost it, how would you feel?
Also, if you became staff, how would that effect your IC roleplaying duties?
1) It'd have been my fault. If I didn't give warning, and I lost my job because I was away, I'd be maybe a little irritated inwardly, and I'd probably be like "I was only away for a week. Come on, can't you cut me a little slack?" But past that, I wouldn't question the issue any more. It was my fault, and that's all there would be to it.
2) I believe my IC activity would falter. Just based on what's happening on FoF, when I became staff, my once skyrocketing activity dropped steadily lower and lower the more responsibility I took on. I still remain active IC, just not nearly as much so as I once was. I'll still remain active IC here, in the event I become staff, but it will probaby drop lower, I'm afraid.
Quote:Originally posted by Panbuukin
Say a member posted in the Q/S/A stating that he never recieved his weekly tp's, and had somewhat feasible proof that it was true. Yet, this member has isn't exactly the most trust worthy in the past with the Staff..
How would you deal with the situation? Would you give the member his tp's, or would you handle it another way?
I don't know jack about coding. I don't have a darn clue how the training program works, because it accuses me of hacking it about every other week. I'd probably have to ask another staffer how to check if they are telling the truth, or ask another staffer if there was some way they could check on it. If there was no way of finding out, I'd probably give him the tps, and trust that there's no reason why someone should have to lie on an online RPG to get an extra week's tp.
Quote:Originally posted by Bulma
How well do you think you'll do as mods? Honestly.
I really don't know. I've always been better at planning and coming up with ideas, but I can update. I'd probably be pretty decent, nothing outstanding, because I'm not online for all that long most of the time. I'd say I'd do pretty well.
Drac Man, that's a hell of a lot of questions right there. I'll get to yours in just a bit.

