09-22-2006, 04:54 AM
Quote:VIOLET
A. Lets say you were promoted to mod. Everything is going peachy, you're updating like mad, keeping the peace the best you can, everything is smooth sailing. Suddenly, something comes up that takes you away for about, say, a weekish. You don't give much warning. Do you think this will effect your position, and if you lost it, how would you feel?
B. Also, if you became staff, how would that effect your IC roleplaying duties?
A. The general consensus is that "real life > Chubbs." So, no, I don't think it would effect my position. If I've given the impression that I work hard, and will continue to work hard, it shouldn't be a problem. If I lost my position after said hard work for merely a week of absence, I would be upset, because I think that'd be a little ridiculous. The only choice I would see would be to try and understand why, and if given the chance to defend myself, I would, but if nothing was going to help my case, I'd leave quietly and just keep most of my frustrations to myself. I don't see a week's absence as a legitimate reason to fire/demote me.
B. To be honest, I don't roleplay often, and it shows. I lost Bardock once due to that reason, although there were some personal issues that contributed. My activity usually sparks around saga time, because I have more fun roleplaying in sagas than outside of. There is a good possibility my activity could slope further downward, to the point where I become another Goku (no offense). I would try to put up a roleplay every now and then, but I make no promises until I know better what my workload would be.
Quote:PANBUUKIN
Say a member posted in the Q/S/A stating that he never recieved his weekly tp's, and had somewhat feasible proof that it was true. Yet, this member has isn't exactly the most trust worthy in the past with the Staff..
How would you deal with the situation? Would you give the member his tp's, or would you handle it another way?
The situation, to me, depends on what has made them not trustworthy. If it was making promises and then breaking them (e.g., saying they'll stop spamming and then continue to do so), they're still a liar, but it's a different kind of lie.
However, if in this instance he was the kind of person who would lie about TPs, as long as he presented some proof that could hold up and was confirmed to not have been in MIA status prior to or around Sunday, there would be no reason to withold. I wouldn't leave it at that, though. I would try to figure out the root of the problem and see why the TPs didn't go through (e.g., a coding problem). If it happened again, and that member came to me asking for TPs, I would start taking screenshots each week to make sure they weren't trying to weasel some free points as insurance, and continue the investigation of the vanishing TPs.
Quote:DRACULA MAN
A. Can you honestly say that you could handle a difficult situation between someone you personally dislike and someone who is your best bud, without playing favoritism? I am not quite sure how much of a requirement that is, but this is one of my biggest questions I ask all of my staff at DRRPG before I even consider letting them join my team.
B. If you had to deal with someone who was widely disliked, but had good intentions, can you honestly say that you would have what it takes to treat that person without bias, and defend them if they are in the right, even if it puts your OWN reputation on the line for defending them?
C. If approached by a much higher-ranking member, ie: Reijin, Raditzu, Burter Jr, and told that you had made a wrong decision when handling one of the above situations, yet you STRONGLY felt that you had done the right thing, how would you go about expressing that? Furthermore, would you pursue it if you felt there was a chance you were right, or would you just let it go?
A. I don't play favorites. I won't play favorites. The only proof of that is my word. That's all I can say.
B. Unfortunately, if they are disliked, it colors everything a dozen shades of gray. Members and staff can rationalize the way they handle or treat this person as being deserved, while the person themselves can have the complex that they are always being treated unfairly or cannot/will not see what they are doing wrong in the first place. A good chunk of the time, I stay out of something that does not involve me and simply ignore it, although you can bet I've formed an opinion on it. However, if it grinds on my nerves long enough, I will step up. If I personally see someone as being treated unfairly, I will say so, but if I also see that the person is simply being difficult, I will call them on that too. So, to answer your question, if I see someone in the right, I will defend them, regardless of the stake of my personal reputation. However, in the same turn, I won't be afraid to throw my personal reputation around to confront someone, either. I know a few people could stand up right now and vouch for that. I do what I think is right, just like anyone else.
C. If I strongly felt I was right, I would make that perfectly clear, and go about the list of reasons why I thought so. Would I pursue it or not? Depends. As I said above, I would be willing to put my reputation on the line, but I would evaluate if a pursuit in an instance would make any difference (you usually do this by talking it out with the person[s] involved). If it won't, there's no point. If I feel I can, I will pursue it. You have to learn to pick your battles. Not every one of them will be "fight until you die."
Quote:BULMA
How well do you think you'll do as mods? Honestly.
I feel I can fully handle the job, and perform it as well as any of the current mods. I would admit there are a few things in question of my ability (namely, activity, and if you count it, my being too old), and are valid points. I can admit that I've made mistakes and stumbled, but the more support I receive in learning from them, the more confidence I can take in saying I won't repeat them. I'm not saying I'll be perfect, but I'll be everything I need to be.
Quote:CARGO
What one quality would make you a unique addition to the staff?
My charming good looks. Actually, honestly, there's not a quality I have that isn't displayed in some measure by current or past staff and therefore would make me unique. I guess if I had to pick something I don't...argue...a lot? And by argue I mean the bad kind?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you=_
Pass you by, good-bye to you=_

