09-22-2006, 07:32 AM
Situation: Tom
Staffer: Rei
I think banning him was handling that situation well. There was no way around it. While not one staffer decided his fate, how I would have done it better was take away the privileges he came here for. He was essentially OOC, made sigs, and talked a lot of trash. I would have more frequently banned him from the Asylum or the Workshop, and removed him from situations where he could cause a ruckus. I don't know how many times he ran off at the mouth to people in IM, especially the members of Alex's, but it would not have happened a second time with me.
The list is as stands:
Here's my list:
You'll notice three names no longer on there: VJ, Eighteen, and Trunks. I remove VJ simply because has minimal participation in the board. Yes, he pays the servers and allows us to be hosted here, but finding an alternate home for Chubbs wouldn't be a problem. I don't know all of what else he has done for the site, or why everything is copyrighted to him, but we've proven able to function without him, and have had difficulties staying in communcation for decisions not allowed or not capable of being made alone.
Eighteen, love ya, but you yourself admit you make less staff calls than anyone else. You've been getting better with that in recent memory, but a lot of the decisions you make are tentative (a "yes" or a "no" with an "I'm not sure, ask so-and-so" tacked on the end). You tend to take a lot of things personally, and although you do a good job of keeping that where it doesn't belong, I believe it affects your ability to work with some people. You make signatures and do coding, and I understand you have a life and personal issues, but unless you're doing something behind the curtains that I can't see, I don't feel you do enough to be a moderator, much less a Super Moderator. Don't kill me.
Trunks also has a lot on his plate in real life, and although can sometimes go on a whirlwind of updates, doesn't seem to have a lot of time. He contributes creatively, but so does Kakarot, and he's not staff. Trunks can still give what he can as a regular member and as part of the Demod Squad.
I bumped up Bra to Super Moderator because he was the only one left to be able to fill the position (aka, default). I left Krillin down at Moderator not because he couldn't do a good job, but because sometimes I think he takes the low ground on issues (e.g., the bad kind of arguing) and can be a little immature.
Oh, and I put me and Supes in mod positions because as I stated in Krillin's question I feel we're the top two contenders and would both do a very good job.
Staffer: Rei
I think banning him was handling that situation well. There was no way around it. While not one staffer decided his fate, how I would have done it better was take away the privileges he came here for. He was essentially OOC, made sigs, and talked a lot of trash. I would have more frequently banned him from the Asylum or the Workshop, and removed him from situations where he could cause a ruckus. I don't know how many times he ran off at the mouth to people in IM, especially the members of Alex's, but it would not have happened a second time with me.
Quote:HELLFIGHTER 17
Take all of the current staff (including VJ) and the remaining idols, and organize the staff rankings as you see fit. You can cut whoever from staff and add whoever from idol to whichever position. Give reasoning for each change, subtraction, and addition.
The list is as stands:
Quote:SUPER ADMINISTRATORADMINISTRATORS
- Vegeta Jr
SUPER MODERATORS
- Raditzu
- Reijin
MODERATORS
- Android 18
- Burter Jr
- Hellfighter 17
- Bra
- Krillin
- Trunks
Here's my list:
Quote:ADMINISTRATORSSUPER MODERATORS
- Raditzu
- Reijin
MODERATORS
- Bra
- Burter Jr
- Hellfighter 17
- Bardock
- Krillin
- Super Buu
You'll notice three names no longer on there: VJ, Eighteen, and Trunks. I remove VJ simply because has minimal participation in the board. Yes, he pays the servers and allows us to be hosted here, but finding an alternate home for Chubbs wouldn't be a problem. I don't know all of what else he has done for the site, or why everything is copyrighted to him, but we've proven able to function without him, and have had difficulties staying in communcation for decisions not allowed or not capable of being made alone.
Eighteen, love ya, but you yourself admit you make less staff calls than anyone else. You've been getting better with that in recent memory, but a lot of the decisions you make are tentative (a "yes" or a "no" with an "I'm not sure, ask so-and-so" tacked on the end). You tend to take a lot of things personally, and although you do a good job of keeping that where it doesn't belong, I believe it affects your ability to work with some people. You make signatures and do coding, and I understand you have a life and personal issues, but unless you're doing something behind the curtains that I can't see, I don't feel you do enough to be a moderator, much less a Super Moderator. Don't kill me.
Trunks also has a lot on his plate in real life, and although can sometimes go on a whirlwind of updates, doesn't seem to have a lot of time. He contributes creatively, but so does Kakarot, and he's not staff. Trunks can still give what he can as a regular member and as part of the Demod Squad.
I bumped up Bra to Super Moderator because he was the only one left to be able to fill the position (aka, default). I left Krillin down at Moderator not because he couldn't do a good job, but because sometimes I think he takes the low ground on issues (e.g., the bad kind of arguing) and can be a little immature.
Oh, and I put me and Supes in mod positions because as I stated in Krillin's question I feel we're the top two contenders and would both do a very good job.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you=_
Pass you by, good-bye to you=_

