09-22-2006, 08:11 AM
Although it has nothing to do with the competition, and I agree partially with Bardocks point that Im not fully needed to let the Staff run the rpg, I'd like to clarify my job position as the owner. 
How did I become the owner? When Chubbs, the original owner, left, I was busy with implementing the training system and he felt I was a good choice. I accepted the responsibility when he asked me.
Why is there a copyright on the website with my name on it? This is actually a technical point, and also brought up last year in the Staff board. Last year, someone used a security loophole in the News system and uploaded a Phishing website that made people think they were on PayPal and let them fill in their login information. Since I own the server, I was contacted by my host to ask to take it down and figure out what happened. I was the one who was responsible for the website as a whole. If the situation hadnt cleared up, the site wouldve been taken down and PayPal would have probably taken legal actions towards me. That fact, together with that there is a lot on the website that is just my intellectual property(not all, the whole staff has contributed throughout the years), and that I have to be the one who contacts someone else's host if they have copied chubbs, is the reason of the copyright on my name.
In practice however.. It doesnt really matter because its not like I plan to do something with it.
What's my current job as the super admin? In the direct eyes of the members - not much, since we have multiple ranks on the staff who do most of the work. Currently, I manage the servers, any coding problems or the implemention of a coding thing if and when needed. Furthermore, when the Admins have opposite opinions and are fighting about something, Im the one to sort it out. I've done so in the past, but as I said to Rad and Rei yesterday, Im XTREMELY smirking how their opinions arent opposing eachother like they used to.

How did I become the owner? When Chubbs, the original owner, left, I was busy with implementing the training system and he felt I was a good choice. I accepted the responsibility when he asked me.
Why is there a copyright on the website with my name on it? This is actually a technical point, and also brought up last year in the Staff board. Last year, someone used a security loophole in the News system and uploaded a Phishing website that made people think they were on PayPal and let them fill in their login information. Since I own the server, I was contacted by my host to ask to take it down and figure out what happened. I was the one who was responsible for the website as a whole. If the situation hadnt cleared up, the site wouldve been taken down and PayPal would have probably taken legal actions towards me. That fact, together with that there is a lot on the website that is just my intellectual property(not all, the whole staff has contributed throughout the years), and that I have to be the one who contacts someone else's host if they have copied chubbs, is the reason of the copyright on my name.
In practice however.. It doesnt really matter because its not like I plan to do something with it.
What's my current job as the super admin? In the direct eyes of the members - not much, since we have multiple ranks on the staff who do most of the work. Currently, I manage the servers, any coding problems or the implemention of a coding thing if and when needed. Furthermore, when the Admins have opposite opinions and are fighting about something, Im the one to sort it out. I've done so in the past, but as I said to Rad and Rei yesterday, Im XTREMELY smirking how their opinions arent opposing eachother like they used to.

