Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS
#42
Quote:Originally posted by Dracula Man
1.) Can you honestly say that you could handle a difficult situation between someone you personally dislike and someone who is your best bud, without playing favoritism? I am not quite sure how much of a requirement that is, but this is one of my biggest questions I ask all of my staff at DRRPG before I even consider letting them join my team.
Yes. There are a few occasions on the forum that I've openly disagreed with people who are my friends. Some people like to talk to me for that very reason - they know I won't lie to them because I'm their friend. Whoever it is, I prefer blunt honesty (though I try and go easy on people I don't know well). That's also something I've been criticised for in real-life; I'm always honest with people I know well, though blurting out "that dress makes your ass look fat" isn't so relevant here. Tongue

And as I said before, I tend not to bring my personal opinions of people into right/wrong debates. Sometimes I'll defend a person I dislike, and they'll openly state they're surprised I did so. The thing is, I don't have a 'loyalties' system as such. This can be seen as a good or bad thing, depending on where you're coming from. I'm not patriotic, and I don't back up my friends unless I actually agree with their standpoint (both things that a lot of people wouldn't understand). But on the contrary, it gives me a very neutral standpoint, and I would never change that. I like how I am. Big Grin

Quote:Originally posted by Dracula Man
2.) If you had to deal with someone who was widely disliked, but had good intentions, can you honestly say that you would have what it takes to treat that person without bias, and defend them if they are in the right, even if it puts your OWN reputation on the line for defending them?
As I stated for the above question, if I think someone is in the right, I'll stand up for their point of view, regardless of who they are. I'd rather have a reputation for doing that than try to preserve my reputation by not doing it.

'Good intentions', however, wouldn't matter to me besides perhaps being more gentle in disagreeing with the person in question. Robert Yerkes had 'good intentions' when he designed intelligence tests for the US Army, but they were grossly biased, and the results of the test ended up being a weapon against allowing people to immigrate into America. Consequently, thousands of Jews who could have sought asylum in America during the war were turned down, and ended up dead. I'm sure that wasn't Yerkes' intention with the tests, but regardless, his own cultural fixation meant things ended up that way where they could have been different. That was a huge example, but I wanted to show how good intentions aren't necessarily good in practice. Wink

Quote:Originally posted by Dracula Man
3.) If approached by a much higher-ranking member, ie: Reijin, Raditzu, Burter Jr, and told that you had made a wrong decision when handling one of the above situations, yet you STRONGLY felt that you had done the right thing, how would you go about expressing that? Furthermore, would you pursue it if you felt there was a chance you were right, or would you just let it go?
I'd try to put my point across, but if the other staffer remained as obstinate as I did, then I'd get some other opinions. After all, people aren't always right, and if it's just two people arguing, then its simply their word against the other. If the other person/people I asked agreed with me, then I'd argue my point more. If they agreed with the other staffer in that I was wrong, I'd drop it.

How much I would press my point depends on how big the topic was. If it was something huge, like approval of a new piece of content, or deciding whether or not to ban someone, then I'd be pretty forceful with my opinion. But if it was, say, "should we give this spar a 2tp 50zeni reward, or a 1tp 100zeni reward," I'd be more inclined to drop the issue. Tongue
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Burter Jr - 09-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Spencinator - 09-21-2006, 01:43 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 01:57 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-21-2006, 01:57 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Jinpo - 09-21-2006, 02:01 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Dantes - 09-21-2006, 02:07 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 02:18 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Drake - 09-21-2006, 02:26 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-21-2006, 02:42 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 02:44 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-21-2006, 02:49 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 02:51 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Drake - 09-21-2006, 02:58 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 03:05 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-21-2006, 03:53 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 05:01 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Old Pigero - 09-21-2006, 05:18 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-21-2006, 08:06 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Vegeta - 09-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Toshiro - 09-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Violet - 09-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Spencinator - 09-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Kirano - 09-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Ruhiel - 09-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Ruhiel - 09-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Burter Jr - 09-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Ruhiel - 09-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Kirano - 09-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Jinpo - 09-22-2006, 01:30 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-22-2006, 04:54 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-22-2006, 06:52 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-22-2006, 07:14 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-22-2006, 07:32 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-22-2006, 07:34 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-22-2006, 09:07 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Ruhiel - 09-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Jinpo - 09-23-2006, 12:23 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Minoshia - 09-23-2006, 03:26 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Burter - 09-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-24-2006, 01:23 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-24-2006, 04:29 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Burter - 09-24-2006, 06:34 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-24-2006, 06:41 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Minoshia - 09-24-2006, 02:01 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Jinpo - 09-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Tami - 09-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Burter - 09-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-27-2006, 04:55 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)