09-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Quote:Originally posted by Dracula ManFirst off, I'm fairly used to this concept - when you become a staff member, you 'represent' the RPG, so to speak, and sometimes simply being a staff member is a source of dislike for some people. If numerous people had a problem with me, I'd take a good look at how I was handling things. Nobody is perfect, and sometimes we unintentionally do things that aggravate people. As well as what I said above, sometimes people will take your words more seriously because you're staff. So if you jokingly told someone to stfu, then they might be more likely to get mad, purely because you were staff.
If you became staff and noticed an extreme decline in the amount of people who liked/tolerated you and your decisions were greated with distate and anger, but the higher ranking staff did not feel it was worth neither you nor them taking action for, how would you handle it? By that, I mean that the higher ranking staff told you it wasn't worth a Warning or disciplinary action, but the players in question were continually ragging on you and getting on your case, day in day out, IM, PM, Boards, etc.
I would ask them why they disliked me, and try to explain myself and work out the problem. If, after talking to them, I did see something was wrong with the way I'd been dealing with things, I'd make changes to my own behaviour if necessary. But if I didn't agree with them, and after giving it my all couldn't get through to them, then eventually I'd just drop it and say "you think your way, I think mine." I would block them from AIM/PM if necessary.
If they continued to berate me on the boards with no provocation from myself, I would give them a verbal warning, telling them to drop it otherwise I'd issue a real warning. With any luck, it could be resolved by simply avoiding one another. When it came to solving updates, questions, staff issues and the like, I'd deal with them as any other member, just doing my job. Just because I dislike someone or they dislike me doesn't mean I can't answer their questions regarding the site. But if they continued to harass me where I'd publicly told them no more arguing on the issue, it would lead to a warning, and possibly a ban eventually. You could argue the point forever and it wouldn't solve things. There comes a time when you just have to put your foot down.
All up-to-date on member questions, now. I hope the answers I gave were satisfactory.
![[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]](http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3128/superbuuelectricityne4.jpg)
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.

