09-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Quote:Originally posted by Dracula Man
Quote:1.) Can you honestly say that you could handle a difficult situation between someone you personally dislike and someone who is your best bud, without playing favoritism? I am not quite sure how much of a requirement that is, but this is one of my biggest questions I ask all of my staff at DRRPG before I even consider letting them join my team.
Quote:2.) If you had to deal with someone who was widely disliked, but had good intentions, can you honestly say that you would have what it takes to treat that person without bias, and defend them if they are in the right, even if it puts your OWN reputation on the line for defending them?
Remember, this is not just in the ideal scenario. This is what you feel you would most likely do, so honesty counts for more than a 'pretty picture' answer.
Quote:3.) If approached by a much higher-ranking member, ie: Reijin, Raditzu, Burter Jr, and told that you had made a wrong decision when handling one of the above situations, yet you STRONGLY felt that you had done the right thing, how would you go about expressing that? Furthermore, would you pursue it if you felt there was a chance you were right, or would you just let it go?
Oh, and now that I noticed, Panbuukin's question also applies.
Quote:Originally posted by Panbuukin
Say a member posted in the Q/S/A stating that he never recieved his weekly tp's, and had somewhat feasible proof that it was true. Yet, this member has isn't exactly the most trust worthy in the past with the Staff..
How would you deal with the situation? Would you give the member his tp's, or would you handle it another way?
1) I do my best to follow this. Inwardly, I may want to favor someone I like better than someone I dislike, but I do try my best to remain unbiased in my actions. I can't really think of any situations off the top of my head to give as an example of me following this, as there aren't too many people I dislike, save maybe one or two. But, yes, I think I can honestly say that I would do my best to remain an unbiased arbitrator in any situation, as, after all, I intend to go into law eventually, and I need to make sure I always remain fair at all times.
2) That would depend. The situation you described is an "ethical dilemma," you see, because I value the fact that the needs of the members comes first. If they aren't happy with something, we as the staff need to adjust or change something to make it work. However, if the person who is disliked is "in the right" I can honestly say I'd defend them. They're the ones who would be correct, and not the rest of the members. It's a tough situation, but I think I'd side with the person who was actually right.
3) It depends on the severity of the situation. If the issues listed in #1 or #2 were small little things, I'd probably say "well, I don't really agree with you there, but hey, you're the boss." However, if it was a something serious or important, I'd probably have this kind of an answer: "Sorry, but I just can't agree with you there. I want to discuss this with you, so I can see where you're coming from in this." I'd state my points, and if I was convinced by said admin that they were correct, I'd reverse my decision. However, in the event that I still felt unconvinced, I'd argue my points, and see if they would change their mind. However, if they refused to, I'd have to concede, as they are the administrator.
4) I answered this one earlier when Panbuukin originally posted it. However, I'll restate it: I'd try to find out if they were telling the truth, and ask another staff member to help me find out, because I don't know anything about coding. If we couldn't find any evidence saying that they did get their tps, then I'd probably give the tps to them, hoping that there wasn't any reason to lie just to get one week's worth of tp.
Quote:Originally posted by Cargo
What one quality would make you a unique addition to the staff?
Heck, I don't have a clue. Uniqueness is hard to come by these days. If I had to pick one, I'd probably say it'd be my demeanor. I'm very, very erm... "lawer-ish" in coming to decisions. I base any important decision on what the rules say, off of precedent, and if all else fails, off of what seems "right" to me. I guess that would make me unique in the way that I'd probably be very good at settling disputes between members, between members and staff, between staff and staff, etc.
Quote:Originally posted by Broli
Why do any of you bother with this competition? Why do you want to be a moderator? I mean, obviously, there must be some reason that has led you three to dedicate as much effort as you have to get this far. So, what is that reason?
Because I feel I need to help. I sort of "want" to help. I don't have any "awe-inspiring" reason for wanting to become staff, and if I'm supposed to, I'm sorry, but I just don't. I simply think I could help out, and would like to contribute to Chubbs and continue to make it better.
And since you said you'd like to hear the other competitors answers to your earlier specific questions:
Quote:Originally posted by Broli
What are your thoughts in terms of reliability and efficiency as a moderator if you were to have a multitude of these unexpected occurrances that take you away from Chubbs?
If these disappearances are a regular occurrence, then I should be give the proverbial boot. If I'm simply disappearing for long periods of time regularly, without much warning, then I shouldn't be a part of staff. If it's just a temporary condition, I'd probably say that I would be able to maintain efficiency and reliability once I've gotten back into being more consistent.

