Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF
#28
Quote:KRILLIN
Continuing off from HF's question, critique each of the current Staff members, their strengths along with their weaknesses.


VEGETA JR
I don?t know him well enough to give an in-depth critique. All I know about him is what I?ve heard secondhand from other people, and what he has recently told me himself. So, I?ll simply refer to the last question I answered in place of this one, as well as, I think some of the choices that are his should be left up to the admins, because they have better knowledge and insight as to what must be done.

RADITZU
Strengths: If I were to pose the question of ?Who doesn?t like Rad?? I?d be shocked if I heard any nos. He?s a really easy guy to get along with, and makes you feel like you can talk to him about anything, which represents good communication skills. Whenever he has something to say, he usually cuts right to the chase, but is able to do so without coming off as being uptight about it. He knows the game: when to put his foot down and when to let something go. Rad has excellent leadership skills and is easily able to inspire, almost to the point of being mesmeric. If he were to say, ?Let?s do so-and-so,? there would be a large chorus of, ?Yeah! LETZ DO EET!? He?s like a hypnotoad. But a good hypnotoad.

Weaknesses: It?s difficult to think of downsides. The only thing I can really think of is that the role he often plays is the ?approval? guy, the one who puts the stamp on it to make it official, but has little to do with the actual thing. This isn?t always the case, but it feels like it some of the time. He may simply work behind-the-scenes more often than not.

REIJIN
Strengths: He has a lot more self-control than people might realize, and whether it?s his actual job or having been staff on Chubbs for so long, he manages to be able to put up with a lot of shit. He also puts a lot of thought into his actions, thinking of their possible outcomes and is always making sure he is doing the right thing. When dealing with people, I know he tries really hard to see the good in them, and would rather work with someone to bring out their potential than try and shut them down. I don?t think he likes having to be the bad guy. If he makes a mistake, that?s usually the last time he?ll ever make it. Rei is another who is more than willing to help out if you need a solution to a problem, and is a pretty nice guy.

Weaknesses: I?ve only heard of his legendary stubbornness, and when he makes up his mind, it?s hard to change it. People say every now and then that he acts in his own best interest. The only thing I?ve really seen for myself is that when he finally just loses it?get out of his way, because he?ll be on a warpath. His outbursts are usually done out of anger and he doesn?t mean it, but that doesn?t mean it won?t have consequences.

ANDROID 18
Strengths: She is a nice, giving person, who is often willing to lend a helping hand and sacrifice her free time to do so. If you ask her opinion, she?s very honest and points out specific things. I believe Eighteen has a lot of heart, and wants to spread the <3. She also will lend you a genuine sympathetic ear if you have a serious problem, which is important for anyone of a leadership position to be able to have.

Weaknesses: I?ll reiterate what I stated in my previous answer: less staff calls, constantly indecisive, and takes things personally. I understand not every situation is the same, but sometimes the atmosphere feels like walking on eggshells around you: if somebody says something you don?t want to hear, you?re at their throat almost instantly. I?ve never personally been on the receiving end, but I?ve seen you fling daggers. I truly believe this comes from a self-esteem issue and that you have a low mental picture of yourself. I think if you built yourself up a lot more, this wouldn?t be a problem.

BURTER
Strengths: This guy is a self-motivated go-getter. Whenever he sets his mind to something, he does it, and does it well. He is constantly observing and thinking to himself, ?Okay, now how can I make this better?? or ?What can I do that is fun for other people?? A number of projects pop into my head that he has either created or taken the helm of and made it enjoyable for the masses. His concerns are always for the members and making sure they are having a good time, and he often sacrifices a lot of his own to do it. A large population agrees that his sagas are absolutely a blast. He plans very thoroughly, making sure to cover every last detail and create a wide variety of aspects, and then pulls it off well. No one can say he?s not dedicated, and I?d say he?s left more than a permanent mark on this RPG. He has also been more than willing to help out, and I?ve come to him many times with things I needed help or advice on, and he takes care of it.

Weaknesses: When Burt?s upset, he can be an abrasive jerk. There?s a distinct difference between when he?s being disciplinary and when he?s a jerk, and it shows. While he starts many a-project and does many a-saga, I feel there is also a flip side to that. When he has a lot to do, he spreads himself a little thin, leaving not as much detail to attention to everything. One small example of this is during his sagas, he starts off with ?popularity ratings? that everyone looks forward to, but after one or two, they stop. Or he?ll get involved in something and then just stop all of a sudden. When he gets wiped, it?s pretty easy to tell. If he says ?tomorrow? it might very well be two or three days instead. Even though Burter does a good job with things, it would be nice to see a saga done by another staff member. Lastly, sometimes I feel like he?s a little full of himself. One occasion would be when he originally switched to Burter Jr, and he made a thread titled ?The Future of Burter? and marked it as important or an announcement or something, when I (and others) didn?t feel it was that significant. I was happy, however, to see that when he switched back, it was just done as a regular update.

HELLFIGHTER 17
Strengths: Hellfighter is one of the biggest turn-around stories in my memory. When he started, he was such a n00b that I didn?t think he was ever going to fit in. But here he is: a super mod. HF, to make another reference here, ?makes Speedy Gonzalez look like Regular Gonzalez.? He?s constantly zipping around the board and taking care of everything. He?s like a frickin? meter maid. He?s got a great sense of humor that he integrates into everything, even when he?s telling you to not do something, but you can tell he?s being serious. He?s very analytical and not only can he give you a yes or no answer, but he can thoroughly and comprehensively tell you why. He?s helpful and has enough experience that he can give you good advice. And he?s crazy smart.

Weaknesses: I?ve never seen Heffers run a saga before, and I think his actual roleplaying is better than his saga posts. The storylines look like they?ve been typed up in about ten minutes, and aren?t really riveting. You?ve got to be inspiring, man!

BRA
Strengths: Aside from being totally flipped out, crazy, coo coo la banza, Bra pays attention to details, and is very good at familiarizing himself with a situation. He reads each post in a thread, and addresses the concerns of those who may have been looked over. Whenever he doesn?t know something, he isn?t afraid to ask questions, and I believe he always makes informed decisions, because it shows that he does his homework. When something needs updating, Bra is usually one of the people who?re all over it. He?s one of the greatest people to get into a conversation with. Like HF, he has a great sense of humor, even if it?s a bit?off the wall. Not only is he able to remain an active staffer, but he also balances roleplaying on a regular basis and converses in the Asylum quite often, which is a rare combination, as it is usually lacking in one place or another.

Weaknesses: Can?t say I?ve noticed too many weaknesses, other than the fact that he sticks to a few areas of staffing versus others (e.g., updating). I haven?t seen him on too many disciplinary issues, which may or may not be a weakness. Oh, and did I mention he was crazy?

KRILLIN
Strengths: Ah, the Apprentice. He?s come a ways from the kid who ?just wanted to see how far he could get.? Krillin is very good at making quests. When someone is like, ?Hey, can I have a quest on such-and-such planet?? he simply pulls one from his pocket and goes ?Oh sure, I happen to have one right here.? Maybe not exactly like that, but it?s pretty damn close. I?d say he?s one of the more creative staff members. He updates quite often, and it is to my understanding he does a lot of spar and quest grading. Like HF, he?s pretty smart, and can often be seen reasoning out his opinions. Oh, and I love the humor in his roleplays (second only to Garlic Junior =o).

Weaknesses: Like I said before, he is (for some reason or another) taking the low ground on a lot of issues, and is pretty argumentative when he gets upset. I know he didn?t used to be as bad, he?d simply lock the thread or state very clearly ?this is what you?re doing, now stop.? Lately it seems to be more along the lines of ?stfu? and then proceeds to pick apart the person in question. It?s a little unbecoming of staff.

TRUNKS
Strengths: All-around nice guy. I?ve never seen him lose his temper or be harsh to anyone. I think he definitely is very creative, as evidenced with his personal roleplays and the premises behind his sagas. He?s one of the more active roleplayers on staff, if not the most active. He is also a regular updater, taking very good care of new joiners. I believe (if memory serves) at one point he was a Super Mod.

Weaknesses: History has told me that Trunks often has a tendency to become overwhelmed. In his saga ventures, he often feels like he?s bitten off more than he can chew, and has expressed this. I think he has time constraints in his personal life that keep him from doing all he would like to do on Chubbs, which is unfortunate, but a staffer needs to be able to have time to give.

Quote:BURTER
How do you define Super Admin, Admin, Super Mod, Mod and Story Guide?

SUPER ADMIN
In our particular instance, it?s an ownership thing, someone who deals with other sites, takes care of technical problems, makes sure we have a board to post on and a server to be hosted on, and break a tie in case the admins can?t agree on something. If it were possible, it would be great if they could be the ?ultimate overseer? and be more familiar with everything and everyone. A super admin holds authority over everything, but I don?t count this in my chain of command.

ADMIN
I begin the chain of command here, and the admins are the top link. They hold higher authority than anyone, and can overrule any decision made by the lower chains (even if they have majority). Not only that, but they can quell any dispute. The admins act in the best interest of the site, supervising all activity and making sure everything is going smoothly. Any major decision has a lot of thought behind it. Whatever they are too preoccupied to do, the lower levels take care of. Admins require a lot of knowledge about the site and its inner workings, and must be well informed at all times?or at least be able to pretend they are. While they?re not doing that, they probably have a hand in some production or other that?s going on behind the scenes.

SUPER MOD
The second link in the chain of command, super mods answer only to admins, but hold authority over the lower ranked mods and story guides. They must be well versed in the site as to be able to answer whatever inquiry may pop up. Super mods have usually been mods for a while (some starting at story guide), and so they?ve worked their way up the ladder, meaning they have experience in the grunt work and have excelled at their previous position. Members and staff alike often seek their opinions and influence, because they are held in a high regard. This level is a heavier balance of site content and normal mod duties, as they should be able to handle both and do them well. They?re not afraid to act independently of other staff (within reasonable bounds), and should be able to take charge of a situation and be the authority.

MOD
The third, and usually bottom, link in the chain of command, although they do hold higher authority over members (and story guides if the occasion calls for it). Mods are essentially the out-and-out worker bees, updating and grading and towing the line to make sure the members don?t get too rowdy. They are still involved in site content, and indeed end up creating quite a few things when they?re not doing their worker bee tasks. Their attention is mostly on the little things that make up the big picture.

STORY GUIDE
Technically the lowest you can go. I see this as more of ?mod-in-training.? They have the potential to become mods, but they?re just not quite there yet. It?s like when you have a couple of assistant managers; you always want one ?in the hopper? just in case the position was to suddenly become vacant (or you surpass them in the ability to do the job). Story guide is the halfway point between member and staff. Their duties are like those of a mod, except they hold less authority.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you
=_
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Burter Jr - 09-21-2006, 01:35 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 01:45 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Burter Jr - 09-21-2006, 01:46 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 02:08 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Bardock - 09-21-2006, 04:50 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Reijin - 09-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Bardock - 09-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Bardock - 09-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Krillin - 09-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Ruhiel - 09-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Ruhiel - 09-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Bardock - 09-22-2006, 05:44 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Bardock - 09-22-2006, 07:32 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Vegeta Jr - 09-22-2006, 08:11 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Super Buu - 09-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Krillin - 09-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Ruhiel - 09-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Super Buu - 09-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Burter - 09-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Burter - 09-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Super Buu - 09-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Bardock - 09-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Ruhiel - 09-24-2006, 05:34 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Ruhiel - 09-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Ruhiel - 09-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Bardock - 09-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Raditzu - 09-26-2006, 04:48 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Krillin - 09-26-2006, 04:52 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Super Buu - 09-26-2006, 09:48 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Krillin - 09-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Super Buu - 09-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Super Buu - 09-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Burter - 09-26-2006, 06:21 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Raditzu - 09-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Raditzu - 09-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Super Buu - 09-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Bardock - 09-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Raditzu - 09-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Bardock - 09-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Raditzu - 09-27-2006, 09:30 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Reijin - 09-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Bardock - 09-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Krillin - 09-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Super Buu - 09-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Raditzu - 09-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Burter - 09-27-2006, 06:35 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Ruhiel - 09-27-2006, 11:21 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - STAFF - by Reijin - 09-28-2006, 03:31 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)