09-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Quote:Originally posted by Krillin
Continuing off from HF's question, critique each of the current Staff members, their strengths along with their weaknesses.
Vegeta Jr: It's not fair for me to critique him. I think I've seen him post maybe about ten times in my time here on Chubbs. I know he pays for our servers and deals with legal problems, like the phishing scam that occurred a while back. However, he simply isn't here that much, which causes problems... serious problems sometimes. This was evident to me when staff were wanting to make some serious changes to the main site, but were incapable to because they lacked access to anything but the news. I don't really know what his personal strengths and weaknesses are, but if I have to call it like I see it, his strength is keeping Chubbs around for all of us to remain on, and his weakness is not being here enough to allow it to move forward as quickly as some people would like.
Raditzu: He made up his own word: XTREME. You really just can't beat that. He's an amazing writer to boot, as well. Not to mention he appears to me to be extremely smart and knows what he's doing. As I can't see the staff forum, I don't know who has been responsible for what around the site, and how much he really has done behind the scenes. He doesn't do much moderating, but that's not his job in the first place. His strengths to me are his leadership capabilities, his creativity, and his open-mindedness. His weaknesses would probably be that I haven't really seen him make any personal input into the site lately. He may have been behind the scenes, but to outside appearances, he's just the man in charge. I'd like to see him put some of his own ideas into motion, unless he already has, and then my point is moot. I don't know, he's just the person who you expect to be Admin, because he excells in that position.
Reijin: He seems to have the misfortune of being called "the other admin." Or, at least he was in the Apprentice, if I remember. He obviously has put a whole lot of heart and soul into this place, and has sacrificed a lot to contribute to Chubbs. I can simply see this because he'll occassionally post threads detailing his current situation, which ususally is pretty rough. The fact that he still continues to remain on Chubbs through all he's going through is a testament to his commitment and persistence. His strength would definitely be just that, his commitment, his perseverence. He also is a brilliant writer as well, and I know he has definitely done his share to put his ideas forth into the site, as I remember that there was apparently a bit of a disagreement between him and other staffers over telekinesis. His weakness would probably be that he's not on all to often, and he's not terribly active on the IC or OOC boards. It may be because he's doing a lot behind the scenes, or he's just trying to make it through real life, which always comes first. Perhaps it's just because I'm measuring his activity against Rad's, which is very high. He, like Rad, is in the staff position he excells best in.
Burter Jr: If there ever comes a day that Rad or Rei have to leave Chubbs, I hope that he's the one who becomes the next administrator. I've never seen anyone devote some much time and energy to this place, it's insane. Whenever I get on, he's almost always there, performing his staff duties, and putting forth an incredible amount of effort. And I'm under the impression that he ran FoF2 completely by himself. As I'm currently running my own saga on FoF the RPG and am struggling to time manage and keep things moving, I respect him even more for pulling it off so amazingly well. Strength: Absolute commitment. He puts so much into this site. Weaknesses: He has been in several disputes with members in the past, such as with him and the old Recoome, him and the old Bojack, and several other members. He's just a little too quick to jump on people sometimes.
Android 18: She's a great writer and artist, and very kind towards practically everyone. She's also very honest, except for that one time she and HF collaborated to make me think she was HF, and I was like "What the hell is going on here?" Yeah, anyways, her strength would be her empathy. She's the "nice" person on staff. However, on the downside, she's not nearly as active as the other staff members, and as I think both Super Buu and Bardock have already itterated, she's just too indecisive and inactive. I think she could be a good moderator if her activity makes a comeback, but as a Super Moderator, she just isn't here enough, and isn't as firm as she needs to be in her decision making. That could, of course change, but that's how I see things right now.
Hellfighter 17: Can you say active much? And I'm not being sarcastic there in the least. His ascension to Super Mod status was evident a mile away. As a moderator, he was faster than the speeding bullet in updating things and answering questions and the like. Also, he's taken over the lead role in PC3. While it remains to be seen how the saga will pan out, right now, he's doing a great job in keeping things moving and making it interesting. His strengths would probably his ability to connect well with any member as he's very easy to get along with, and his past showing as a staff member shows he's committed, and also very adept at taking on his position. However, I'm not sure about his leadership abilities. This saga will show his ability to organize something alone, but I'm not sure if he'd be a great person at leading others and getting them to work well as a team.
Bra: Knows a lot about cars. Almost so much it can be intimidating sometimes. But that's beside the point. He's not on as much as he used to be, but he still gets the job done as a moderator when he is here. He also has contributed a lot to Chubbs, as is evident from our new "Ships" system. I'm under the impression that he did a lot of that work, and looking at all that, it's very impressive. However, his drawback is that I haven't seen him do all that much as a moderator, at least not as much as other staffers, but that may be because HF is a machine at that stuff. His activity level is probably his weakness, in my opinion.
Krillin: I thought he was going to take over Chubbs a while ago. He won the Apprentice, as a "n00b" too. Joined just one day after me, and beat all those other people who had been here longer than him. At the time, he was committing a lot to the site, and putting forth a huge amount of effort. But then college time rolled around, and his time to be here has been severely limited. He still perfoms his duties when he is capable, but right now it's his level of commitment that's his weak point. Oh, and if you know what's good for you, don't EVER play him in chess, unless you want to be dominated.
Trunks: I was going to make him the Super Mod to take Android 18's place on my staff list until recently. His life has gotten busy, and he just can't commit as much time to Chubbs as he used to. He's obviously very creative and intelligent, as he wrote the storyline for PC3, and started it out very well, too. His strengths would be his creativity, and the "down to earth" vibe I get from him. You sometimes forget that he's a staff member, and in a good way, not a bad way. However, his weakness would be his loss of time to commit to Chubbs, like the other Moderators and Android 18.

