Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS
#64
Quote:MINOSHIA
What do you think needs to be changed and why? How would you change it, and why do you think your abilities help you deal with the problem?

Actually, I have to agree with Supes. The mentality is that staff discourages writing for reward whenever possible, so I feel personal roleplays are somewhat exempt, but the fact that you get more for doing quests than spars is kind of dumb. Like, you could get 10 billion TP for saving someone?s cat than for trying to beat the shit out of someone. Exaggeration, but still: theoretically, a fighter can become stronger by actually practicing their craft than by some other type of task. For example, the quest ?Read the Manual!? on Earth-sei gives you a TP reward of 4 with a zeni reward of 600. I?m sure the logic behind the zeni is that the man is ?rich.? An easy quest nets you an average of 0-4 TP and 100-600 zeni by fulfilling low requirements, while a spar is 1-3 and 50-150 zeni, and that?s by jumping through flaming hoops that have rotating blades. The TP reward is about the same, but the effort required is very different. Sparring is harder.

A new system should be implemented that has some sort of post count:quality ratio, and set levels of quality (Poor, Average, Good, Excellent, etcetera). There could be fixed TP and zeni amounts for each level. Other factors should include stats. The weaker should receive slightly more (there could be a discrepancy involving the quality, but that should be a case by case basis), as they theoretically benefit more than a stronger person would. Also, how far did the fighters go in the spar? Did any of them use a power-up? Did they perform at their absolute best, or were they holding back? I understand that?s a bit complicated, but a formula could be worked out. I don?t have an exact one in my head, but I am pretty good at that kind of stuff. I can?t point out specific skills that would help; all I can do is state my ability to do so.

-OR-

If you prefer I give an original response, I have a problem with the whole ?Known Universe? section. It can be considered just a map of reference for players (but honestly I don?t know of anyone who?s ever incorporated it). The ?Known Universe? is just a bunch of places, and that?s it. I would want to try and develop those places and give them a little more background, possibly create a quest or two that?s specific to that area. In general, try to give those places more meaning than just a spot on the map. And, since it is a map, someone (I would be willing to, though quality may not be ultra spectacular) could actually draw it out onto a Paint or Photoshop picture and maybe give it some detail (distance, elevation, topographic, etcetera). If the specific locations are unknown, there?s nothing preventing us from making it up based on an educated guess. I feel I am very creative (and was able to better flesh out Heaven and Hell) and would be able to accomplish this.

While it?s not the most important thing in the world, anything that will better inspire roleplayers or develop parts of the content that are lacking are important to me.

Quote:CARGO
What would you change about yourself in order to be a better staffer?

When I make a decision, or when I look at a situation, I sit down and give it a lot of thought before coming to a conclusion, trying to factor in multiple parts to it and look at things from different angles. While this helps my reasoning, usually I always miss one or two key oversights that I do not discover until hindsight reflection and would have had some sort of impact on how things turned out. People could throw out ?hindsight is 20/20,? but these are things I overlook that could have been discovered during initial thought process. I feel that this is crucial, especially because it affects decision-making and reasoning?for instance, when I would be taking disciplinary actions (which are very delicate matters) or trying to create a better something-or-other. I am always trying to improve upon this, and it?s something I?ve not yet accomplished.

I may or may not be able to answer any questions after this, as the impending deadline is drawing near and I will have difficulty getting on a computer due to work and the like.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you
=_
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Burter Jr - 09-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Spencinator - 09-21-2006, 01:43 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 01:57 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-21-2006, 01:57 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Jinpo - 09-21-2006, 02:01 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Dantes - 09-21-2006, 02:07 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 02:18 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Drake - 09-21-2006, 02:26 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-21-2006, 02:42 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 02:44 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-21-2006, 02:49 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 02:51 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Drake - 09-21-2006, 02:58 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 03:05 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-21-2006, 03:53 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 05:01 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Old Pigero - 09-21-2006, 05:18 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-21-2006, 08:06 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Vegeta - 09-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Toshiro - 09-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Violet - 09-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Spencinator - 09-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Kirano - 09-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Ruhiel - 09-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Ruhiel - 09-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Burter Jr - 09-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Ruhiel - 09-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Kirano - 09-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Jinpo - 09-22-2006, 01:30 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-22-2006, 04:54 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-22-2006, 06:52 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-22-2006, 07:14 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-22-2006, 07:32 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-22-2006, 07:34 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-22-2006, 09:07 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Ruhiel - 09-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Jinpo - 09-23-2006, 12:23 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Minoshia - 09-23-2006, 03:26 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Burter - 09-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-24-2006, 01:23 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-24-2006, 04:29 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Burter - 09-24-2006, 06:34 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-24-2006, 06:41 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Minoshia - 09-24-2006, 02:01 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Jinpo - 09-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Broli - 09-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Super Buu - 09-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Tami - 09-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Burter - 09-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Chubbs Idol Finals Q&A - MEMBERS - by Bardock - 09-27-2006, 04:55 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)