10-26-2006, 02:54 AM
Quote:Originally posted by Kollifum
You guys are so ridiculously dramatic. While I agree that the lesser characters became totally useless farther into DBZ, that doesn't mean entire seasons were nothing but crap. Honestly, you guys are totally making me over use the word purist today.
In my opinion, they were. DBZ was a good show, and innovational up until the end of the Frieza Saga. At that point, what made DBZ entertaining to me as a little kid vanished. Sure, watching people with spiky gold hair shoot light that explodes like a nuclear bomb was interesting at first, but even as a little kid, when I can predict what's going to happen in a show, that's no good. I got bored with it, and didn't watch but a few episodes of the Cell Saga, and a couple in the Buu Saga.
It's the same principle that I apply to any of these show or movie-based video games. "If the game were based on something else, would I still buy it?" If I can't say yes, then it's not worth it, and you're just buying it because of the fact it's that show or movie. In the case of the DBZ show, watching those later episodes to me, was kinda like that. If it was a completely different show, and I saw those episodes, would I continue to watch it? Nope. So, I stopped.
Purist? Depends on your definition. I like things that are good. I won't say that past the Frieza Saga was "crap," but DBZ was at its high point at the end of the Frieza Saga. Past that point, it slowly declined.

