06-19-2007, 04:12 AM
Ok, don't jump right into things here. You don't have to put yourself immediately into an awkward situation with dates and what not. You obviously see her around enough that it's acceptable to talk with her. Just talk a bit, maybe about book rocommendations or something (this is a library right?). See what kind of stuff she likes to do outside of work through simple conversation. If you find a link, go for it.
Example conversation:
"Hey."
"Hi, how can I help you?" (Being all work like and professional)
"Well, I've seen you around a bit and was wondering if you had any recommendations."
And then it's either:
"Oh, of course!"
or
"That depends. . .what do you like?"
Either way it doesn't matter, you've got a conversation going about things that she likes which is and easy conversation to hold.
Then on the second or third day of talking.
"So what other kind of stuff do you like to do?"
"Oh, well I'm into [insert a few hobbies here eg. Ski diving, bungee jumping, bowling, cooking, reading, Extreme figure skating, etc.]"
"Really! I love bowling myself. . .I might be going this Friday, actually, want to come?"
Just keep it simple.
Example conversation:
"Hey."
"Hi, how can I help you?" (Being all work like and professional)
"Well, I've seen you around a bit and was wondering if you had any recommendations."
And then it's either:
"Oh, of course!"
or
"That depends. . .what do you like?"
Either way it doesn't matter, you've got a conversation going about things that she likes which is and easy conversation to hold.
Then on the second or third day of talking.
"So what other kind of stuff do you like to do?"
"Oh, well I'm into [insert a few hobbies here eg. Ski diving, bungee jumping, bowling, cooking, reading, Extreme figure skating, etc.]"
"Really! I love bowling myself. . .I might be going this Friday, actually, want to come?"
Just keep it simple.

