Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What are you reading?
I actually just finished reading the 3rd Percy Jackson and the Olympians book. They're all fairly short reads, but still entertaining. Greek mythology is always fun, and Riordan takes it into the 21st century.

I was disappointed with the Lightning Thief movie, probably because I read the book. I'm fairly certain I would have found the movie more enjoyable had I not read the book first.
[Image: Teemer2003.png]
Reply
Wittgenstein: Lectures on the Foundations of Mathematics - Edited by some guy

Sophie's World - Jostein Gaarder

Colonialism/Postcolonialism - Ania Loomba
Reply
You need to read some good ole dumb scifi/fantasy. Too much meat and potatoes.
Reply
I just read Thief of Time by Pratchett, if that counts.

And, first thing when I get back home, I'm re-reading His Dark Materials (Pullman).
Reply
I've wanted to get into pratchett for a while now, but the size of his body of work, even for me, is pretty intimidating, Only read the first half of Golden Compass. I can't remember why I stopped. Something distracted me. This happens som
Reply
From what I've heard, you can pretty much dip in anywhere. Thief of Time seems to be as good a place as any. And it's pretty light; very Douglas Adams'-ish.

I highly recommend working through His Dark Materials. Once you get moving with it, it's just fabulous.
Reply
This thread ATM.
[Image: Natasja.jpg]
Reply
Jonathan Meer Wrote:I just read Thief of Time by Pratchett, if that counts.

And, first thing when I get back home, I'm re-reading His Dark Materials (Pullman).

Pratchett is the shit, he's got a very sarcastic kind of humor. Death is my favorite character in the series.
Reply
Reading The Devil in the White City, getting ready to pick up Up in the Air because I hearted the movie.

[Image: picture.php?albumid=31&pictureid=126]

Bio: Juno | Active Thread: The Invasion - Bad Medicine
Reply
So, if I wrote a novella about zombies, would anyone read it?

/pretty much only slightly on topic
[Image: Sage.jpg]
Reply
Almost certainly.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
The Game by Neil Strauss. Best, book, ever.
[Image: soifonf.jpg]

Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Reply
Sage Wrote:So, if I wrote a novella about zombies, would anyone read it?

/pretty much only slightly on topic

As long as the protaganist group includes an American, a Candan, an Aussie and a Brit.
[Image: OrionAug11.jpg]
Reply
Sage Wrote:So, if I wrote a novella about zombies, would anyone read it?

/pretty much only slightly on topic
Zombies are close to my heart.

Pretty-fricking-definitely.

[Image: picture.php?albumid=31&pictureid=126]

Bio: Juno | Active Thread: The Invasion - Bad Medicine
Reply
Sage Wrote:So, if I wrote a novella about zombies, would anyone read it?

/pretty much only slightly on topic

Yes. The poem was wonderful.

Edit: There's a book out called Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. 'It's basically Pride and Prejudice with zombies,' as a friend put it, 'adhering to the original pride and prejudice writing style.' The author's listed are Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith.
[Image: Cain.jpg]
"No man is an island." - John Donne
Reply
Sage Wrote:So, if I wrote a novella about zombies, would anyone read it?

/pretty much only slightly on topic

No.

Wink
[Image: soifonf.jpg]

Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Reply
nony is streaming right now :O

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/userstre...uid%60NonY
[Image: rsz_jqvaz_1.jpg]
Reply
i either need to start looking at thread titles more closely or stop drinking when im online
[Image: rsz_jqvaz_1.jpg]
Reply
Suddenly everything makes so much more sense.


Also: Read Kahil Gibran's The Prophet. Not as good as I was lead to believe.
[Image: v4339d.png]
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Reply
Xenia Wrote:The Game by Neil Strauss. Best, book, ever.

I 100% support this. I love that book.


I am currently reading The Fred Factor by Mark Sanborn. It's about finding enjoyment in what you do, no matter what it is that you do.
[Image: Dirty_Harry.png]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)