Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Recommend A Movie Thread
Saz Wrote:17 year, olf boy you say?

I've never seen the appeal of Keira Knightly either. Even disregarding the boyish figure, her face isn't all that great, I totally don't see her as this great beauty that a lot of people seem to consider her. Ontop of that she's a completely overrated actress.

It's funny people even classify her as an actress. Might as well put a baboon in a dress and put it beside Keira down the red carpet.
[Image: Zhu.jpg]
Reply
Personally I like her.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
She seems sweet and down to earth. Which is more than I can say for most people with any moderate level of fame. I've only seen her in the Pirates trilogy, she did a good enough job.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
Bil Baer Jaxx Wrote:[Image: Keira-Knightley-bikini-photo.jpg]

Ew, what the fuck? She has the body, and neck, of a 17 year olf boy. =/
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
(Sorry, the hair-do and the neck just instantly got me thinking of this)[Image: Left-4-Dead-2-Spitter.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply
The Machinist was great. Christian Bale is an incredible actor. He lost like 60 pounds for the role, it was pretty shocking to see how skinny he was.

[Image: balejuice1.jpg]

Awesome twist ending.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
Whoa, he almost looks as skinny as you. (YOU WERE PRETTY MUCH ASKING FOR THAT)

I don't know if I'd say Christian Bale is an amazing actor, he's definately dedicated to his roles though. I need to watch The Machinist again some time, I can't remember anything about it.
Reply
Pan's Labyrinth is a really good film that some of you might not have seen or maybe even heard of. I watched it quite a long time ago. I actually quite want to see it again, I didn't give it 100% of my attention first time around. I'm not going to attempt to describe it, but if you're ever feeling like you wanna try something a bit different, I would definately recommend you give it a try.
Reply
Iron Man 2 trailer!!!!!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/play...7699172001

Has anything ever looked so awesome to you that your eyes began to water? That actually happens to me a lot, I should get that checked out. But HOLY SHIT! TWO AC/DC songs in this trailer ftw, Mickey Rourke ftw, Robert Downey Jr > Christian Bale ftw (ironic considering what I said above I know), War Machine looking epic ftw... this looks insane.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
Mickey Rourke is a BAWZ.

That actually looks kinda good. I wasn't that impressed with the first film. Although that might be because I watched it in fragments, cause the version uploaded on Chubbstv was missing the last 30 minutes or so. That probably ruined it slightly...

Side-note: Watched Role Models. Good film.
Reply
I saw a few good short films last night.

Dennis (awesome): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1zFeHJzS5E

Frankie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFEpvf6gRZo

Laid Off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQox9W9jedw
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
Kaden Wrote:Jax's post reminded me of a movie called Death to Smoochie. It's an absolutely hilarious dark comedy starring Edward Norton and Robin Williams. There isn't a whole lot of the drug abuse/broken homes/rape/etc that Jax said he hated, but it's still pretty dark. I highly recommend it.

I'll second this. I particularly liked the "Spaceship cookies".
[Image: Cain.jpg]
"No man is an island." - John Donne
Reply
Avatar. Everybody on this board needs to go see that movie. Now. Not now, but right fucking now.

[Image: siggy2.jpg]

Vad: Found my dicks btw
Vad: *DISCS
Kaz: XD!!!!XDXDXD!!
Kaz: oh man
Kaz: that was an awesome typo!
Vad: I MEANT ROUND CYLINDRICAL THINGS
Kaz: XD XD XD
Kaz: HAHAHHHAHHHAHA

Reply
Kazuya Wrote:Avatar. Everybody on this board needs to go see that movie. Now. Not now, but right fucking now.

Eh, just watched it on Imax 3D and I definitely recommend watching it that way if you do. It did indeed meet my expectations and was very enjoyable.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
I saw Quantum Of Solace yesterday. Never really been into Bond films, or action/thrillers generally but I really enjoyed it, more so than Casino Royal even.
Reply
Ashe Wrote:Eh, just watched it on Imax 3D and I definitely recommend watching it that way if you do. It did indeed meet my expectations and was very enjoyable.

Agreed.
~Semper Fidelis~
Reply
Kazuya Wrote:Avatar. Everybody on this board needs to go see that movie. Now. Not now, but right fucking now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply
[Image: 2useoi1.jpg]

(I actually really enjoyed avatar)
[Image: v4339d.png]
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Reply
Rem-13 Wrote:[Image: 2useoi1.jpg]

(I actually really enjoyed avatar)



That image is hilarious.

I haven't seen Pocahontas since I was like 5.



Seriously, it's like identical, now it takes away the value of the film imo.

Though I do like that its a highly digitalized version and new story of pocahontas.

Plus BLUE MAN PORN SEX!
Reply
I've also heard it's a carbon copy of Fern Gully, if anyone remembers that film.

Really, though, I think expecting originality is asking for a bit much. It's a nice dream, but...

*sigh*
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
I remember Fern Gully was all about saving the rainforest from the big black smokey guy. And a lumberjack or something got turned into a fairy. And I think there was a bat that couldn't fly. But that might just be the pterodactyl from Land Before Time sneaking into my memory.
[Image: Teemer2003.png]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)