Posts: 0
Threads: 9
Joined: Mar 2008
I couldn't believe how amazing this movie was. I honestly didn't think the Ledger had it in him to give such a amazing performance. Hannibal Lector meets Sid Vicious with a bit of Lou Costello just to make it hard to put your finger completely on yet still at a level of amazing not seen in decades. I was blown completely out of the water with this one.
I love how the Joker himself has gone so nuts that even he isn't exactly sure who he was before hand. Very true to the comic in many ways.
Posts: 26
Threads: 33
Joined: Apr 2008
This movie was utterly amazing. I loved it. Heath was amazing. The actors go in this order as far as performance:
Ledger > Oldman > Gyllenhaal > Caine > Neeson > Bale > Eckhart > Murphy
That's from both movies, FYI.
When you're dancing her dance, you don't stand a chance
Her grip of romance makes you fall!
So you think, might as well dance a tango to Hell
At least I'll have tango'd at all!
Posts: 4
Threads: 119
Joined: Sep 2006
Philip Seymour Hoffman was at one point rumored to play The Penguin? FUCK. ME. That would be so awesome.
And I think The Penguin would be the best choice for the next villain. Although, I'd like to see Mr. Freeze done right... and/or Bane.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Posts: 32
Threads: 35
Joined: Oct 2006
Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy
or
The Riddler
would be the next villains I'd like to see.
Posts: 26
Threads: 33
Joined: Apr 2008
I doubt they'd do Harls without the Joker.
When you're dancing her dance, you don't stand a chance
Her grip of romance makes you fall!
So you think, might as well dance a tango to Hell
At least I'll have tango'd at all!
Posts: 59
Threads: 188
Joined: May 2006
If they can completely make people forget about the Batman movie with Arnold as Mr. Freeze, I'd like to see one with him.
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Posts: 129
Threads: 151
Joined: Jul 2004
Bojack Wrote:My rankings have always been Tommy as Two-Face > Jim as Joker > Devito as Penguin > the rest. Jack Nicholson is a great actor, but that role stunk. It didn't scare me, it just annoyed the fuck out of me and was inaccurate. =/
I'm going to have to disagree about Tommy as Two-Face. First of all, he didn't adhere to his character's core principle: his coin. In the mansion scene when they are attacking Bruce, he flipped it until he got the answer he wanted. Two-Face always abides by the decision of a coin, no matter what side comes up. There was no duality whatsoever within his character. Sure, there was attention to the number "two," everything he owned was done two different ways, and he constantly referred to himself as "we," but his character was a singular psychopath. There was one personality, and that was it.
Eckhart's Two-Face, however, although not given a chance to take his own spotlight, adhered closer to that concept. He was the "White Knight" of Gotham that was finally brought down by the death of Rachel, and twisted by the Joker.
Carrey's Riddler, while entertaining as hell, was Carrey being Carrey. This was also my problem with Nicholson as the Joker, because it was Jack being Jack. Riddler was a controlled intellectual with a taste for the thematic. Carrey still was able to portray that, but he was very much a nut case.
I also could go on about the flaws in Liam Neeson's character, but I'll leave that out.
The point is, Joker stole this movie, plain and simple. He was very much a controlled chaos, manipulating everyone exactly where he wanted them, even when his ferry experiment failed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you=_
Posts: 0
Threads: 9
Joined: Mar 2008
So who do you think would have a chance of playing the Joker now that Ledger is gone from us? He set the bar so high I don't know if there is a actor who can reach that same peak as he did in his portrayal.
So does anyone else thing we won't see the Joker on the big screen again for a generation? Or does anyone think there is anyone who can fill Ledger's shoes in any upcoming film for this group of films?
Posts: 129
Threads: 151
Joined: Jul 2004
I wouldn't want anyone to, anyway. Ledger was very good, and I doubt anyone will be able to stand up to that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you=_
Posts: 47
Threads: 24
Joined: Jul 2006
THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME!
As soon as i saw the pencil scene I knew we were in for something. As for the next villians, Bane and the Riddler.
Posts: 63
Threads: 81
Joined: Jun 2004
07-20-2008, 01:33 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2008, 01:39 AM by Minoshia.)
Did Dent die? when Batman said at the end, you either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villian - i got the impression they were just faking dent's death to keep his reputation, and leaving room open for Two Face to have his own movie, since no one really knew Dent had been disfigured.
Whenever they leave things open like that, they always plan on using it later. Harvey Dent is dead, but Two Face is still alive. That's the way i see it. They couldnt let the public see that the Joker had corrupted the one person Gotham saw as pure and just, so they made him out to be a martyr. I bet he's holed up in Arkham with the Joker. Two Face's story is just beginning. Sadly, the made the movie such that even a small appearence from the Joker might be necessary if they use Two Face anymore - unfortunately they know that no one can match Heath, so he'll probably only have a small part.
Posts: 129
Threads: 151
Joined: Jul 2004
I'm pretty sure Dent died. He didn't have any armor or anything to soften the blow when he fell. Otherwise, people wouldn't have been as pissed at Batman when he took the fall for Two-Face's murdering spree. If Dent came back, obviously it would have been for nothing and people would figure out that he'd fallen from grace.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you=_
Posts: 63
Threads: 81
Joined: Jun 2004
07-20-2008, 01:42 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2008, 01:49 AM by Minoshia.)
i still don't think he is dead, i think they were just saving hope for Gotham by keeping his image. Two Face is completely insane, in comics, previous movies and cartoons he didn't even know he was Dent anymore - i can see them using him in the future. We will see.
Edit: I've also heard rumors that if Nolan wants to do a third, which he hasn't decided he wants to do yet, Eckhart would be someone he'd need to sign again - he admitted he loved working with him and he would be signed if he decided to make a third movie. so....
Only problem is, film series where the sequel is better than the original always have a hard time making a better third movie - so i'd be hesitant if i was Nolan. Especially since they could never top the Dark Knight, ever.
Posts: 0
Threads: 119
Joined: Jun 2007
Dent is definitely not dead.
And Nolan and Bale are signed to do another movie with Warner Brothers, so I bet it'll be a Batman movie.
![[Image: 22173.png]](http://internetometer.com/image/22173.png)
Give waffuru an internets today!
![[Image: 1324033725.png]](http://speedtest.net/result/1324033725.png)
Posts: 37
Threads: 342
Joined: Feb 2004
I'm leaning towards dead m'self. There was no reason to be so ambiguous otherwise, unless THEY didnt know he was dead either, and I don't think they'd leave (half) of one of gothams most recognizable faces, particularly their symbol of hope, rotting on the ground. But I'd have to see it again to make up my mind completely.
Sinners make the best Saints
![[Image: tobiasyu5.jpg]](http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5609/tobiasyu5.jpg)
Posts: 26
Threads: 33
Joined: Apr 2008
I was leaning towards alive as a left the theatre. First off, I was under the impression that Two-Face's "grand finale" was really the end of Act I. I can't see them giving such a major Batman villain such a shaft. Besides. At the end of each film they've given a hint as to the next film. Two-Face's fall into near-pure evil there at the end hinted that he wasn't quite done yet -- this was just the beginning.
When you're dancing her dance, you don't stand a chance
Her grip of romance makes you fall!
So you think, might as well dance a tango to Hell
At least I'll have tango'd at all!
Posts: 63
Threads: 218
Joined: Jan 2005
Harvey Dent = dead.
Dante's Abyss 2007 Runner-Up
Posts: 26
Threads: 33
Joined: Apr 2008
Harvey Two-Face = not dead.
pwnt.
When you're dancing her dance, you don't stand a chance
Her grip of romance makes you fall!
So you think, might as well dance a tango to Hell
At least I'll have tango'd at all!
Posts: 63
Threads: 218
Joined: Jan 2005
Zangya = Dead
Zangya = epic failed.
Dante's Abyss 2007 Runner-Up
Posts: 26
Threads: 33
Joined: Apr 2008
Yamu = not mod anymore.
Yamu = not able to kill at will with supah mod powers of changing location in roster and saying haha you fail quest so you dead haha.
/doublepwnt
When you're dancing her dance, you don't stand a chance
Her grip of romance makes you fall!
So you think, might as well dance a tango to Hell
At least I'll have tango'd at all!
|