11-07-2009, 12:54 PM
i just came across a pda of Unrestricted Warfare, a PLA-approved piece on 4th generation warfare published in 1999. the first few pages seem promising.
|
What are you reading?
|
|
11-07-2009, 12:54 PM
i just came across a pda of Unrestricted Warfare, a PLA-approved piece on 4th generation warfare published in 1999. the first few pages seem promising.
11-13-2009, 09:01 PM
apparently im the only one reading anything, so
manga: domina no do. awful, uncomfortable hilarity around every corner.
11-13-2009, 09:11 PM
I just finished I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell. Even if only a fraction of that book is true, Max Tucker is one of the worst human beings ever.
Sadly, that doesn't stop most of the stories from being hilarious. ![]() "It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
I'm reading the Guns of the South. Hasn't impressed me so far, but I'm only a few chapters in.
Here's a relevant website I've found recently. I don't think I'll be using it, too much to read that I know about, but its interesting. http://whatshouldireadnext.com/search ![]() When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
11-17-2009, 11:22 PM
So Dune was awesome. I have to watch those movies now.
Just starting The Summer Tree, of the Fionavar Tapestry series. I see the resemblance to LotR but if "leagues away" is over an ocean, that is how far it is from Tolkien, just based on his (Tolkien's) dryness factor. I f'd up that metaphor I think but I'm way too lazy to fix it.
Treius Wrote:So Dune was awesome. I have to watch those movies now. You'll likely be massively disappointed, as I was. Even Patrick Stewart couldn't save that tacky piece of shit. That's just one of them, though. I've only seen the one with Stewart and Sting (The Police; solo musician. That Sting.) and the miniseries that was on Sci-Fi. EDIT: Oh right, reading. I've read Pride and Prejudice, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Brighton Rock by Graham Greene, and A Lesson Before Dying by Earnest Gaines in the past couple of months. I still don't like Pride and Prejudice after giving it a second chance (had to read it in college). The other ones were awesome.
I genuinely wish I read all the time like you guys do.
I never seem to have the time. ![]()
11-18-2009, 12:32 AM
Sage Wrote:I genuinely wish I read all the time like you guys do. Don't let my list fool you. I usually don't read for fun. <.<;
11-18-2009, 02:14 AM
I'm trying to find a copy of Lone Survivor "by" Marcus Luttrell, a Navy SEAL that ended up being the only survivor after a failed mission against the Taliban.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
11-18-2009, 02:33 AM
"By" meaning I don't think he actually wrote all of it, but it's still his story.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
11-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Sage Wrote:I genuinely wish I read all the time like you guys do. I generally only read when I'm in bed to go to sleep, on the crapper, or sometimes if I get very bored and don't want to play guitar or video games. Which is rare. So I generally knock out up to a chapter a day. Unless it's the Hitchhiker's Guide anthology, which was so amazing that I basically glued it to my face til it was done.
There was awhile there were I didnt read much for almost a year and a half. A Game of Thrones was what brought me back in and god its like rediscovering masturbation.
![]() When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
11-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Yeah I just got done reading a star wars book about the 501st it was pretty awesome to say the least. I seem to enjoy the republic commando line of books more so than junk about jedi and light sabers...
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
The cure is a shotgun, the cure is whatever blunt instrument one can salvage.Whomever finds themselves too proper will be the first to perish. And you know nothing that matters now.[/COLOR]
11-20-2009, 01:55 AM
Hard Corps: From Gangster to Marine Hero
I'll try my best to finish. That's what she said. Srsly, I will. Really interesting so far, despite some sub-par prose. Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
11-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Rem-13 Wrote:There was awhile there were I didnt read much for almost a year and a half. A Game of Thrones was what brought me back in and god its like rediscovering masturbation. Game of Thrones, yes! Read that forever ago, but it's one of not so many books I've read that I remember.
11-21-2009, 10:56 PM
I am reading Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction. Im only 5 chapters in and its already grabbing my attentiona nd saying that its awesome!
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
The cure is a shotgun, the cure is whatever blunt instrument one can salvage.Whomever finds themselves too proper will be the first to perish. And you know nothing that matters now.[/COLOR]
11-21-2009, 11:20 PM
'The Man Who Was Thursday' - G. K. Chesterton
11-26-2009, 06:33 PM
The Eye of the World - Book one in the Wheel of Time series
It took about sixty pages to get interesting and after that picks up pretty strong. It's a fantasy story that revolves around a boy named Rand who, by page 120 (It's a pretty dern big book), is facing a lot of conflicts. There are Satanic overtones for the bad guys, and overall it's a great read. Try it out if you're a fantasy fan. ![]() "No man is an island." - John Donne
I still havent gotten around to getting the Gathering Storm.
I recently reread I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison. Its a short story, takes no time at all, check it out. ![]() When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
12-01-2009, 03:30 AM
Rem-13 Wrote:I still havent gotten around to getting the Gathering Storm. That story freaked me out when I read it. Very bleak and disturbing. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|