Posts: 23
Threads: 372
Joined: Jun 2004
Tobias Wrote:http://www.theonion.com/content/news_bri...en_nations
Are you serious? Pulling the black man thing? 2008. Not 1953. Or would you like the KKK to be around still? I get so fed up with news and people caring so much about race.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Posts: 0
Threads: 112
Joined: Sep 2006
It's The Onion. xD
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Posts: 23
Threads: 372
Joined: Jun 2004
Bojack Wrote:It's The Onion. xD
Meh, I will find out if it was legit in the morning. No offense meant from my earlier post. Good night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Posts: 0
Threads: 88
Joined: Jun 2005
EDIT: Nevermind, 'Jack covered it.
Posts: 23
Threads: 372
Joined: Jun 2004
11-05-2008, 05:57 AM
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2008, 05:58 AM by Vad.)
Spencinator Wrote:It's....it's the Onion. Look, you might not have read this in the right mind-set. Let me explain: IT'S A JOKE.
Defending myself again.
Whoops. My bad. >.> I'm human I make mistakes.
EDIT: Yeah, Joke...same defense statement. I need beer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Posts: 0
Threads: 88
Joined: Jun 2005
Baldwin Glendale Wrote:Defending myself again.
Whoops. My bad. >.> I'm human I make mistakes.
EDIT: Yeah, Joke...same defense statement. I need beer. It's cool, it's cool. Just didn't want you to jump Tim's shit for no reason.
Posts: 23
Threads: 372
Joined: Jun 2004
Spencinator Wrote:It's cool, it's cool. Just didn't want you to jump Tim's shit for no reason. 
Yeah.
Google Liberate by Slipknot and that's my brain right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Posts: 66
Threads: 133
Joined: Dec 2005
So stoked. Tonight literally brought tears to my eyes. I didn't shed them, of course, because I have a penis, but they were there.
Now I hear that Prop 8 might pass in my state (California), effectively banning gay marriage (again), and I fucking hate people. What is with this bizarre fucking preoccupation of whose penises go where under x law?
Posts: 9
Threads: 945
Joined: Jan 2004
All the people saying they'll leave the country...I just can't believe that no matter what Obama does, anything will top Bush's run in the horrible department.
And regardless, let's not forget that Obama is but 1/3 of the government process. He'll just get blamed for everything.
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
I am, dare I say, hopeful.
I hate how socialism has become a dirty word thanks to its history.
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 0
Threads: 119
Joined: Jun 2007
My taxes are going down.
![[Image: 22173.png]](http://internetometer.com/image/22173.png)
Give waffuru an internets today!
![[Image: 1324033725.png]](http://speedtest.net/result/1324033725.png)
Posts: 115
Threads: 680
Joined: May 2003
It's sad that I know more about American politics right now than Australian. I hate the news. ;_;
Posts: 59
Threads: 188
Joined: May 2006
Super Buu Wrote:I am, dare I say, hopeful.
I hate how socialism has become a dirty word thanks to its history.
socialism is actually a very insightful concept. It's just that it's proven to fail when standing alone.
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Posts: 133
Threads: 1,465
Joined: Jul 2002
Was Obama against Gay marriage?
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Posts: 0
Threads: 119
Joined: Jun 2007
I believe he thinks it should be up to the states and he opposes a national ban on gay marriage.
![[Image: 22173.png]](http://internetometer.com/image/22173.png)
Give waffuru an internets today!
![[Image: 1324033725.png]](http://speedtest.net/result/1324033725.png)
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
Orion Wrote:It's sad that I know more about American politics right now than Australian. I hate the news. ;_;
I've stopped following British politics entirely until the next election because it's just too depressing. We currently have Gordon Brown in office, who I consider to be the worst prime minister the UK has had in my lifetime. Yay for ignoring the advice of your own advisors and pandering to the Sun.
You could say the same for capitalism, Aero. The concept sounds fair enough; everyone succeeds or fails by their own merit. You get in what you put out. But in reality it's horribly flawed (or at least our execution of it is), because there's no global view, no bigger picture, just everyone doing what's best for themselves.
Socialism isn't a set doctine; there are lots of opposing viewpoints even within it, so it's hard to say that one or the other is right or wrong, let alone claim that it's been 'proven to fail'. I don't think mankind is ready for pure socialism, but we could do with more of it.
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 59
Threads: 188
Joined: May 2006
Socialism - in various forms - has proved to be very fruitless in a massive scale. That's all I'm saying.
That's why mixed market is the only way. Pure capitalism or socialism is bad.
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
Nice. I couldn't sleep, well I was asleep because I did not think they were going to get all the votes tallied that quickly. I lay down, twenty minutes later chick from upstairs is banging on my door 'OBAMA WON!', I'm like 'GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE I GOT CLASS TOMORROW BITCH!'.
Then a few seconds later everyone living here is screaming and shouting 'OBAMA OBAMA', I had no choice but to wake up and go sit outside with these asses in the rain, I saw a small verbal altercation between a Mccain supporter.
I'm also SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOO pissed that North Carolina appears to be the only state that was 'tied' between Obama and Mccain, that's just amazing.
Posts: 62
Threads: 260
Joined: Jan 2004
Aero Wrote:Socialism - in various forms - has proved to be very fruitless in a massive scale. That's all I'm saying.
That's why mixed market is the only way. Pure capitalism or socialism is bad.
And there's a myriad of business and economical analysts who agree with you.
Besides, Obama or not it makes no difference. For America to claim it's not at least somewhat socialist is an outright lie anyway.
Happy that one of the most hysterically incompetent runs of office is finally over though. ...So happy.
Posts: 66
Threads: 133
Joined: Dec 2005
Eyes: still misting up watching the victory speech last night.
To all you who are apathetic, to all those who would be dismissive, to all those who wake up this beautiful American morning unmoved and untouched, a real change has happened in America. It hasn't happened in the economy. It hasn't happened in our policy. We still have two wars ahead, an economic crisis to meet, and a world to heal. What has changed is that I woke up and for the first time in my political life I was proud to be an American. My heart, my soul, is singing with the millions of others in this great country that anything is possible.
If you are uncaring - if you cannot muster the ability to Hope and believe, as you did in your childhood, that there are better times ahead - I urge you to remember the sight of Barack Obama, his wife Michelle, his two young daughters, Joe Biden and his mother, daughter, and grandchildren, black and white together on the same stage ready to ascend to the highest office this nation - perhaps even the world - has to offer. Fourty years ago - no, even ten years ago - this would have been impossible, yet today we see a new dawn. Today we see a people that look not just to the past, but to the future, because in this country nothing is beyond our reach, no challenge is beyond our ability to meet, and nothing - and I mean nothing - is beyond hope.
God bless America, you've made me proud.
|